Author Topic: Huge Illinois utility paying $200 million to settle bribery case implicating the real boss of Illino  (Read 694 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 18, 2020
Huge Illinois utility paying $200 million to settle bribery case implicating the real boss of Illinois politics, House Speaker Michael Madigan
By Thomas Lifson

Anyone who understands politics in the corrupt state government of Illinois realizes that the power of Michael Madigan, Speaker of the state House of Representatives since 1983 except for two years, dwarfs that of the state’s governor.  He’s been called  “the most powerful Democrat politician in the country” with good reason, and over the years AT has covered him (here, here, and here for instance) for his power, and lately for the appearance that federal investigators have been wiretapping associates and maybe, just maybe closing in on him.

News released in Chicago yesterday by federal prosecutors indicates that that the noose is closing on him, though he still has not (yet) been indicted.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/07/huge_illinois_utility_paying_200_million_to_settle_bribery_case_implicating_the_real_boss_of_illinois_politics_house_speaker_michael_madigan.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

"the noose is closing on him"

That's racist.  Gotta tear down more statues.

------

Seriously, can't get rid of this guy fast enough.  One of the most corrupt politicians in all of the U.S.  And obviously, exceedingly clever.  I've always thought he would run out the clock but maybe not.  I'd like to see him ruined.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
"the noose is closing on him"

That's racist.  Gotta tear down more statues.

------

Seriously, can't get rid of this guy fast enough.  One of the most corrupt politicians in all of the U.S.  And obviously, exceedingly clever.  I've always thought he would run out the clock but maybe not.  I'd like to see him ruined.

A Chicago Grand Jury....I have my doubts they will indict :crying:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Lando Lincoln

A Chicago Grand Jury....I have my doubts they will indict :crying:

ComEd is a powerhouse but a $200 million penalty plus a promise to cooperate is no small deal.  Executives will be ruined even if they cooperate.  The gears of RICO turn slowly but now they are in motion and this announcement is significant. 

Madigan is soiling his armor and his Illinois Attorney General daughter is powerless. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
ComEd is a powerhouse but a $200 million penalty plus a promise to cooperate is no small deal.  Executives will be ruined even if they cooperate.  The gears of RICO turn slowly but now they are in motion and this announcement is significant. 

Madigan is soiling his armor and his Illinois Attorney General daughter is powerless.

I love your optimism, you maybe right about this :0001:
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pritzker: Illinois Speaker ‘Must Resign’ if Allegations True

Breitbart News 17 Jul 2020

CHICAGO (AP) — Gov. J.B. Pritzker said Friday that Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan “must resign” if allegations of corruption are true against the fellow Democrat long considered the state’s most powerful lawmaker.

Madigan, who also serves as chairman of the Democratic Party of Illinois, denied wrongdoing through a party spokeswoman, who said he received subpoenas for documents Friday morning.

“He will cooperate and respond to those requests for documents, which he believes will clearly demonstrate that he has done nothing criminal or improper,” spokeswoman Maura Possley said in a statement.

Federal prosecutors said electric utility ComEd has agreed to pay $200 million to resolve a federal criminal investigation into a long-running bribery scheme that implicates Madigan. They say the company has admitted that from 2011 to 2019 it arranged for jobs and vendor subcontracts “for various associates of a high-level elected official for the state of Illinois.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/news/comed-to-pay-200m-over-bribery-illinois-speaker-implicated/
Support the USO