Author Topic: Did Trump Shame Portland's Mayor Into Putting Down the Autonomous Zone? Sure Looks That Way...  (Read 372 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Did Trump Shame Portland's Mayor Into Putting Down the Autonomous Zone? Sure Looks That Way...

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2020/07/16/why-didnt-the-portland-autonomous-zone-become-another-chaz-chop-n655076

On Tuesday night, antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters and anarchists attempted to seize property in Portland in the same way agitators seized property in Seattle, setting up the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ) Occupied Protest (CHOP). As PJ Media’s Jeff Reynolds reported, the Portland anarchists called the area the Chinook Land Autonomous Territory (CLAT), since the land was allegedly stolen from Native Americans. While CHAZ/CHOP endured for weeks, CLAT barely lasted 36 hours. Why?
Yet in the wee hours of Thursday morning, police cleared out Chapman Square Park and Lownsdale Square Park, where antifa had set up the CLAT. Police reported closing down the parks at 5:10 a.m., arresting nine individuals for trespass and disorderly conduct. “People were provided ten minutes to leave the park. At about 5:10 a.m. Portland Police walked through the parks to be sure everyone received the message the parks were closed and move people out of the parks to the north.”
On Tuesday, as antifa rioters were setting up their “autonomous zone,” Wolf called Wheeler, expressing his “concern about ongoing violence” and asking how the Department of Homeland Security can help.

Wheeler effectively spat in his face. “I told the Acting Secretary that my biggest immediate concern is the violence federal officers brought to our streets in recent days, and the life-threatening tactics his agents use. We do not need or want their help,” the mayor shot back. ...
It seems that the DHS and Chad Wolf pressured Wheeler to act in the same fashion (as Seattle was pressured). Despite the mayor’s loud protestations, federal troops were coming to Portland. The 47 days of violence had to come to an end. Perhaps Wheeler thought that he would be in a better political position if he cleared out the CLAT himself. It would have been extremely embarrassing if DHS had to clear it out for him.

Another Prog mayor ass-kicked into doing their job?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Pretty sad state, if and when it takes POTUS comments to shame what was one of the biggest municipal embarassments in recent memory.

If I was mayor of that disaster, I'd think I'd resigned in shame.  Being a laughing stock is not good poltical capital.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.