Author Topic: Pentagon bans Confederate flags on military installations  (Read 370 times)

Offline EdinVA

Pentagon bans Confederate flags on military installations
« on: July 17, 2020, 05:20:42 pm »
The memo, signed by Defense Secretary Mark Esper, lists the type of flags that may be displayed at military installations -- including the American flag, military service flags, flags of U.S. states and territories and the POW/MIA flag, as well as flags for which the U.S. is a member such as NATO.
The Confederate flag is not included on that list. The Associated Press, which first obtained the memo, reported that the move was done in a way to ban it without angering or contradicting President Trump, who has defended the right to display it. A Defense Department official, however, said that it was to ensure the policy was apolitical and could withstand legal challenge.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pentagon-bans-confederate-flag

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Pentagon bans Confederate flags on military installations
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 10:26:45 pm »
Well,

rats...
and more ...

rats.

It has long been an alternative means for Americans to identify one another, while confusing the enemy and has been used in the Pacific and European theaters in WWII, Vietnam, and elsewhere.

https://www.portside.org/2015-07-07/confederate-flag-war-not-civil-war
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 11:01:59 pm »
Can you have a confederate flag on your car or in your hand or is it just banning the confederate flag as an official flag?
Esper really weasel worded this so you really cannot tell...

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 11:26:20 pm »
Can you have a confederate flag on your car or in your hand or is it just banning the confederate flag as an official flag?
Esper really weasel worded this so you really cannot tell...
I guess you have to get kicked off base to know... :shrug:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 11:33:36 pm »
I guess you have to get kicked off base to know... :shrug:
Sounds like fun...

Online Smokin Joe

C S Lewis