Author Topic: What you need to know about COVID-19 health care rationing  (Read 637 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
What you need to know about COVID-19 health care rationing
« on: July 17, 2020, 04:50:04 pm »
Well, Arizona is the first state to implement this and they have 135,000 cases -- FL has triple that -- I'd say we're next. 

What you need to know about COVID-19 health care rationing

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Arizona has become the first state in U.S. history to implement what’s known as Crisis Standards of Care, which some refer to as a way of rationing health care. This policy kicks in when a health care system is overwhelmed and expected to be severely impacted for a sustained period of time.

As a patient, or a potential patient, learning that your doctor and hospital system are operating under Crisis Standards of Care can be alarming. Many people believe it could mean that some older people, particularly those who are sickest, will be denied health care resources, such as ventilators, in favor of others........

.............Triage: A key component of Crisis Standards of Care is that the focus moves from delivering individual patient care to delivering the best care for the patient population. Crisis Standards of Care will often have three stages of triage: at the ambulance level, at the hospital level and at the ICU level. Each stage will assess a patient to see if there is a likelihood that the patient would substantially benefit from the treatment that is available.

Treatments and supplies: Crisis Standards of Care can mean using alternate drugs or devices when shortages occur to save lives. Re-using equipment, such as N95 masks, is also a way to extend scarce supplies.

Liability: Hospitals and health care systems are given broad protection and even qualified immunity from liability during Crisis Standards of Care. In addition to liability protection, there can be financial implications for reimbursing hospitals...........

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/what-you-need-to-know-about-covid-19-health-care-rationing-2020-07-15?mod=home-page
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: What you need to know about COVID-19 health care rationing
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 07:15:13 pm »
If Arizona was the first, what do you call what happened in New York and New Jersey?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 08:22:32 pm »
If Arizona was the first, what do you call what happened in New York and New Jersey?

???  What about the military hospital ship "Comfort" that was sent to NY that was utilized to only treat about 200 patients?  It seems that the extra help was there.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 10:04:21 pm »
???  What about the military hospital ship "Comfort" that was sent to NY that was utilized to only treat about 200 patients?  It seems that the extra help was there.
Not to mention field hospitals which were set up and dismantled without ever handling a COVID patient.

That bunch of howling whiners were diverting resources from other areas, even as they were stuffing sick patients into uninfected high risk populations.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 10:34:58 pm »
Not to mention field hospitals which were set up and dismantled without ever handling a COVID patient.

That bunch of howling whiners were diverting resources from other areas, even as they were stuffing sick patients into uninfected high risk populations.

Exactly.  Such a shame; lives could have been saved.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 10:54:15 pm »
Exactly.  Such a shame; lives could have been saved.
Strip out the politics and the anti-HCQ jihad, and likely half of those lost would not have been.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis