Author Topic: Ginsburg says she's undergoing chemotherapy due to liver cancer  (Read 1060 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ginsburg says she's undergoing chemotherapy due to liver cancer
By Harper Neidig - 07/17/20 12:20 PM EDT

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg revealed on Friday that she has been undergoing chemotherapy since May due to a recurrence of liver cancer.

Ginsburg said in a statement that the treatment is unrelated to the infection that sent her to the hospital this week. She reported that the chemotherapy has been "yielding positive results."

"My most recent scan on July 7 indicated significant reduction of the liver lesions and no new disease," she said in the statement. "I am tolerating chemotherapy well and am encouraged by the success of my current treatment. I will continue bi-weekly chemotherapy to keep my cancer at bay, and am able to maintain an active daily routine."

"Throughout, I have kept up with opinion writing and all other Court work," Ginsburg added. "I have often said I would remain a member of the Court as long as I can do the job full steam. I remain fully able to do that."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/507821-ginsburg-says-shes-undergoing-chemotherapy-due-to-liver-cancer
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

Re: Ginsburg says she's undergoing chemotherapy due to liver cancer
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 04:43:52 pm »
Rough stuff.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 04:46:39 pm »
Here's what CNN is saying:

Friday's statement indicates that the pancreatic cancer Ginsburg was treated for in 2009 has returned again, this time in her liver, and that she tried one of the new immunotherapies for cancer, but it failed to shrink the tumors. It is not liver cancer.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/17/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-cancer-chemotherapy/index.html

What does this mean?  Are the tumors in her liver made up of cancerous pancreatic cells that are now invading other organs?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 04:52:56 pm »
Here's what CNN is saying:

Friday's statement indicates that the pancreatic cancer Ginsburg was treated for in 2009 has returned again, this time in her liver, and that she tried one of the new immunotherapies for cancer, but it failed to shrink the tumors. It is not liver cancer.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/17/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-cancer-chemotherapy/index.html

What does this mean?  Are the tumors in her liver made up of cancerous pancreatic cells that are now invading other organs?

It would seem so, they are the secondary disease and the primary disease would still be in the pancreas?  @Victoria33 would probably have a better assessment, but I don't have a good feeling about this and it sounds like she's in for the battle of her life.  I wish her well and a speedy recovery.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 04:55:52 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 05:00:54 pm »
It would seem so, they are the secondary disease and the primary disease would still be in the pancreas?  @Victoria33 would probably have a better assessment, but I don't have a good feeling about this and it sounds like she's in for the battle of her life.  I wish her well and a speedy recovery.
That's metastasis in a nutshell.

Most pancreatic cancer patients don't find out they're sick until the disease has already progressed to Stage 4—by which point the disease becomes nearly impossible to eliminate. Very few last more than a few years; Alex Trebek is currently undergoing treatment for the same condition and his progress so far has been well above typical prognosis.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 05:08:22 pm »
That's metastasis in a nutshell.

Most pancreatic cancer patients don't find out they're sick until the disease has already progressed to Stage 4—by which point the disease becomes nearly impossible to eliminate. Very few last more than a few years; Alex Trebek is currently undergoing treatment for the same condition and his progress so far has been well above typical prognosis.

She was dxd with pancreatic cancer in 2009 -- 11 years ago -- from the little that I have read on pancreatic cancer, only about 2% live beyond 5 years. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 05:09:02 pm »
A fellow in our church was diagnosed with liver cancer. He was dead within weeks (less than two months). Given her history, I can't believe the prognosis is very good, but then again, she does seem to be bionic.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 05:14:37 pm »
Justice Ginsburg Has Recurrence Of Cancer, Has Been Undergoing Chemotherapy Since May

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/07/17/justice-ginsburg-recurrence-cancer-undergoing-chemotherapy-since-may/

Just a few days ago Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was hospitalized with a fever and underwent a procedure to remove a stent from her bile duct. Today we learn that the Justice has had a recurrence of cancer and has been receiving chemotherapy for it since May. Here’s the statement on her condition released by the court:

On May 19, I began a course of chemotherapy (gemcitabine) to treat a recurrence of cancer. A periodic scan in February followed by a biopsy revealed lesions on my liver. My recent hospitalizations to remove gall stones and treat an infection were unrelated to this recurrence.

Immunotherapy first essayed proved unsuccessful. The chemotherapy course, however, is yielding positive results. Satisfied that my treatment course is now clear, I am providing this information.

RBG's worst cancer is her hatred for President Trump. She is giving that higher priority than either her family or the US.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2020, 06:39:22 pm »
Rough stuff.

Prayers for Mrs Ginsberg. No one should die from cancer.

Edit: stupid iPad won’t recognize the proper spelling of RBG’s surname.   
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 06:41:40 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2020, 06:43:46 pm »
Prayers for Mrs Ginsberg. No one should die from cancer.

Edit: stupid iPad won’t recognize the proper spelling of RBG’s surname.
'

Amen.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2020, 08:51:53 pm »
Justice Ginsburg Has Recurrence Of Cancer, Has Been Undergoing Chemotherapy Since May

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/07/17/justice-ginsburg-recurrence-cancer-undergoing-chemotherapy-since-may/

RBG's worst cancer is her hatred for President Trump. She is giving that higher priority than either her family or the US.

I will be forever mystified about why she didn't retire during O'Bastard's term.  I guess she wanted Hillary to appoint a replacement.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2020, 08:55:51 pm »
I will be forever mystified about why she didn't retire during O'Bastard's term.  I guess she wanted Hillary to appoint a replacement.

Well, she's been on the bench for a very long time and she's been battling cancer for quite awhile; her seat on the bench is probably what keeps her going.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2020, 09:10:41 pm »
Well, she's been on the bench for a very long time and she's been battling cancer for quite awhile; her seat on the bench is probably what keeps her going.

IDGAS.  1/9th of the third branch of government is no place for therapy.  She should have found a hobby.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2020, 09:13:44 pm »
IDGAS.  1/9th of the third branch of government is no place for therapy.  She should have found a hobby.

Yes, she's a definite liberal, but it seems that she has been able to continue to do her job in spite of illness.  There's is  no way she's going to give up this fight willingly knowing that she could be replaced by someone who leans more conservative.  Just sayin'

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2020, 09:21:47 pm »
Yes, she's a definite liberal, but it seems that she has been able to continue to do her job in spite of illness.  There's is  no way she's going to give up this fight willingly knowing that she could be replaced by someone who leans more conservative.  Just sayin'

Oh, I agree, she's a bitter, bitter partisan.  Exactly the kind of person who must be kept away from the SCOTUS.  She'll die with a curse upon her lips for all of us on the right.
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2020, 09:23:17 pm »

In my eyes it just proves that her ideology means more to her than being an impartial jurist.  Like anyone really had any doubt?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2020, 09:24:54 pm »
In my eyes it just proves that her ideology means more to her than being an impartial jurist.  Like anyone really had any doubt?

Exactly.  A bitter leftist partisan as Justice.  What could go wrong?
I will NOT comply.