Author Topic: Exclusive — Mike Pence on Supreme Court: ‘May Be No Issue More Important to the Life of the Nation  (Read 700 times)

rangerrebew

Exclusive — Mike Pence on Supreme Court: ‘May Be No Issue More Important to the Life of the Nation than the Destiny’ of SCOTUS

With another Supreme Court vacancy, or two, President Trump’s record and influence on the future of the country will look even more secure.Photograph by Mandel Ngan / AFP / Getty

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania — Vice President Mike Pence told Breitbart News exclusively that he and President Donald Trump consider the U.S. Supreme Court one of, if not the most, important issue in the upcoming presidential election, saying there may be nothing that rises to the level of appointing justices to the highest court in the land.

Asked during an exclusive interview on Thursday that aired on Breitbart News Saturday on SiriusXM 125 the Patriot Channel about the possibility of several vacancies in the next presidential term, Pence said he and Trump know how important this is to many Americans.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/11/mike-pence-supreme-court-may-be-no-issue-more-important-life-nation-destiny-scotus/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Gorsuch hasn't been too Conservative.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

Gorsuch hasn't been too Conservative.
Neither has Roberts. Still, better a shot at another conservative than an outright flaming liberal.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

Pence has a point.

Yes, but so far Trump's picks of Kavanaugh and Gorsuch haven't exactly been the greatest.  That's one of the reasons why I voted for Trump in the general ... and to stop Hillary. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Yes, but so far Trump's picks of Kavanaugh and Gorsuch haven't exactly been the greatest.  That's one of the reasons why I voted for Trump in the general ... and to stop Hillary.

Neither one of them are voting Conservatively.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mesaclone

Neither one of them are voting Conservatively.

Really...have you run a comparison between them and Sotomayor or any of the other 3 libs? I'm guessing not, or you wouldn't make such a comment.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online roamer_1

You gotta be kidding me. THEY GAVE AWAY HALF OF FRIGGIN OKLAHOMA and you figger Tumpy's doing good? Holy crap, but folks are blinded.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
You gotta be kidding me. THEY GAVE AWAY HALF OF FRIGGIN OKLAHOMA and you figger Tumpy's doing good? Holy crap, but folks are blinded.

Why should you give a fiddler's damn, @roamer_1 ?

You have consistently told us that this isn't your circus, and you didn't vote for President Trump in 2016 and have sworn you won't again, in November.

So....why can't you just take Ms. Warwick's advice and "...walk on by"?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 01:09:16 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LegalAmerican

This is funny.  Who has a biden avatar on here. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online roamer_1

Why should give a fiddler's damn, @roamer_1 ?

You have consistently told us that this isn't your circus, and you didn't vote for President Trump in 2016 and have sworn you won't again, in November.

So....why can't you just take Ms. Warwick's advice and "...walk on by"?

@DCPatriot
And it has been consistently reinforced, all the way along. Judges are a huge argument meant to convince me of the desperate need to vote for Tumpy and the Republicans.  Just how the hell is that turning out, what with giving away HALF OF FRIGGIN OKLAHOMA BY FIAT for God's sake.

I am paying for this crap, so I will damn well bitch about it.

Offline Mesaclone

@DCPatriot
And it has been consistently reinforced, all the way along. Judges are a huge argument meant to convince me of the desperate need to vote for Tumpy and the Republicans.  Just how the hell is that turning out, what with giving away HALF OF FRIGGIN OKLAHOMA BY FIAT for God's sake.

I am paying for this crap, so I will damn well bitch about it.

The President chose the most conservative jurists, as per ratings from a number of conservative judicial review organizations, who could get the requisite 51 votes to make it on to the Supreme Court. What the hell else could ANY President do? Do you think all of Reagan's appointments ended up as perfect conservatives....Sandra Day O'Connor ring any bells for you?

The only word that fits our resident board critics of the President is...well...ridiculous. They've truly become comic relief here...literally would hate on the President if he appointed Jesus Christ to the Supreme Court.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline LegalAmerican

The President chose the most conservative jurists, as per ratings from a number of conservative judicial review organizations, who could get the requisite 51 votes to make it on to the Supreme Court. What the hell else could ANY President do? Do you think all of Reagan's appointments ended up as perfect conservatives....Sandra Day O'Connor ring any bells for you?

The only word that fits our resident board critics of the President is...well...ridiculous. They've truly become comic relief here...literally would hate on the President if he appointed Jesus Christ to the Supreme Court.

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

Those men were VETTED by congress, then voted on.  POTUS DID NOT PUT THEM IN S.C.  You missed the debacle with Kavanaugh?   CONGRESS VOTED THEM INTO OFFICE. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Convince me giving, or not giving 1/2 of Oklahoma to the tribes, was the "conservative" position?

--Tribal lands?

--Federal lands?

--State lands?

--Private lands?

--No changes from present?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online roamer_1

Funny that, as every liberal judge is perfectly liberal... But the best we can do is "Gee, we can't help it..."

Bullcrap. It's a farce.

Online roamer_1

Convince me giving, or not giving 1/2 of Oklahoma to the tribes, was the "conservative" position?

--Tribal lands?

--Federal lands?

--State lands?

--Private lands?

Convince me the same damn thing won't be used to lock up all federal lands in the west and lever state lands... Don't think for a minute a precedent has not been set. They are already suing for ALL water rights.

Wait till you see if you can get beef if we can't get land or water use.
And all y'all make excuses as the so called right does exactly as the left - Doing by fiat what they can't do by law.

Online Smokin Joe

--Tribal lands?

--Federal lands?

--State lands?

--Private lands?

SCOTUS didn't give private land away, that was purchased and titles still stand. Iirc, the issue was one of jurisdiction, and the Reservation boundary had not changed. The odd part is that as I understand it tribal members fall under tribal jurisdiction, non members fall under the other existing civil jurisdictions.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 11:21:33 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis