Author Topic: Three Churches Have Burned in Just Over 24 Hours, But You Wouldn’t Know It If You Watch National New  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It's fine I know who you are talking about.  As Trump is buddies with Jihadi Erdogan who is persecuting the "not most" Christians in the ME and Africa.
One of the problems with being in the Oval Office is that there are these treaty thingies (Like NATO), and every now and then you have to meet with (and get along with) other people who represent other countries which are signatories.

You don't have to love them, but getting along really helps pull off the international relations thing and puts you in a position to talk about the things you don't like. Sometimes it's sad, but those are their countries and they get to run them as they see fit, and yes, we sometimes dance with those devils to get at others.

It's either that, or the last guy out of Incirlik sets the timer on the way out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Still no word on the cause of the Church fire in Alabama... not sure it was arson/anarchy.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline MOD3

@Chosen Daughter neither Erdogan nor Trump are the topic of this thread. Don't try to hijack this thread.

Offline verga

Here is the full text that I periodically share the forum.  Dates back almost  10 years, but still is 100% spot on....

Dr. Hammond is a genius and a prophet.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

Pete wrote:
"No Christian would ever think about {decapitating a Jesus statue], and people who aren't religious just don't care about a religious figure."

I disagree.

A statue of Jesus is an icon of "the white, Christian West", and as such, is subject to the same "political/cultural attacks" by the rampaging black/red guards as would be statues of Jefferson or R.L. Lee.

More attacks on religious statues and buildings to come, as they are many and are less "protected" as the public statues in town squares or in front of government buildings...
Yeah here is the problem with that line of thinking Judaism and Christianity  both had their origin in the middle east/ Arab world. Both groups were enslaved and suffered years of persecution. Under emperors such as Diocletian and Nero Christians were rounded up and used for sport. The Jews were slaves under Pharaoh and the Roman emperors for generations. The Edict of Toleration by Constantine in 326 was a temporary "local" fix, but even that led to resentment by certain groups.   
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.