Author Topic: Sessions hits back at Trump days ahead of Alabama Senate runoff  (Read 4532 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Sessions hits back at Trump days ahead of Alabama Senate runoff
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2020, 02:53:12 pm »
I have been keeping up with politics since Nixon, and I can honestly say that I have never seen such a consensus of negative comments coming from outgoing cabinet level postions, than what we have seen under Trump.  One or two?  Yeah I could infer sour grapes.  But this many?  I think we know the answer.

@catfish1957

Yup,DC is an "insiders game",and the insiders resent the hell out of having to take orders from a "mere citizen".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2020, 03:01:01 pm »
I doubt Trump would have been elected if Sessions hadn't jumped from Cruz to Trump early on. That was the turning point at TOS.

Trump owes Sessions big time for that - and this was how he was repaid. He couldn't quietly disagree in return for what had been done for him.

The President paid that debt with Sessions's AG nomination.  And Sessions turned around and offered his "friend" on a silver platter to the coup plotters for his own personal gratification --- withholding his resignation to publically battle his boss.

Sessions is without honor.  Period.  The President owes him nothing.

There's a long trail of wreckage.

There always is in a coup attempt @DB

Offline skeeter

« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2020, 03:51:25 pm »
@catfish1957

Yup,DC is an "insiders game",and the insiders resent the hell out of having to take orders from a "mere citizen".

I guess I always knew, but its so obvious now that elected positions in this country have always been considered to be  hitting the lottery. The last thing DC wants is an independently wealthy real estate developer moving in & talking about 'draining the swamp'.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 03:52:44 pm by skeeter »

Online DB

« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2020, 05:16:56 pm »
The President paid that debt with Sessions's AG nomination.  And Sessions turned around and offered his "friend" on a silver platter to the coup plotters for his own personal gratification --- withholding his resignation to publically battle his boss.

Sessions is without honor.  Period.  The President owes him nothing.

There always is in a coup attempt @DB

Our definitions of honor differ.

Your definition is mafia style honor to protect the boss regardless of the truth.

My definition is doing the right thing in the face of serious opposition.

You can't be an early fundamental member of a campaign and also be the top investigator in that very same campaign without an obvious conflict of interest.

It was Trump's error picking someone from his campaign to be AG under those circumstances.

But in your world Trump is never to blame for anything.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2020, 05:20:50 pm »
Our definitions of honor differ.

Your definition is mafia style honor to protect the boss regardless of the truth.

My definition is doing the right thing in the face of serious opposition.

You can't be an early fundamental member of a campaign and also be the top investigator in that very same campaign without an obvious conflict of interest.

It was Trump's error picking someone from his campaign to be AG under those circumstances.

But in your world Trump is never to blame for anything.
So how did sessions do the right thing in the face of serious opposition?  Run away?

Online corbe

« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2020, 05:24:21 pm »
   Holder and Lynch spoiled some people here of exactly what the AG is there for.  He is OUR Lawyer not the President's.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2020, 05:24:56 pm »
   Holder and Lynch spoiled some people here of exactly what the AG is there for.  He is OUR Lawyer not the President's.

:cool:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2020, 05:28:54 pm »

But he serves at the pleasure of the president with the consent of the senate.  I believe that Jeff Sessions made a mistake in allowing himself to be convinced that he had to recuse from ALL things Russia but that just makes him human.  NOT a crook.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2020, 05:41:31 pm »
So how did sessions do the right thing in the face of serious opposition?  Run away?

It was Trump who told Sessions and the world Hillary had suffered enough. That there was going to be no investigation of Hillary's activities which all swirled around the Clinton Foundation. The Clinton crime family were the top of the D.C. mafia.

That put the swamp off limits to Sessions because any truthful investigation leads to her and Bill.

Trump doomed his future from the get-go with that action - the very first day he was elected. Any chance of cleaning the swamp would have started there. He closed the book instead and has been fighting not to be swallowed by the muck within it ever since.

By the way, I'm no fan of Sessions and was against his nomination for AG at the time. His position on CAF was my bridge to far for me. It is/was fundamentally unconstitutional. An AG who doesn't follow the constitution is a major no go for me.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2020, 05:59:27 pm »
But he serves at the pleasure of the president with the consent of the senate.  I believe that Jeff Sessions made a mistake in allowing himself to be convinced that he had to recuse from ALL things Russia but that just makes him human.  NOT a crook.

Using his pals in the Senate and the DOJ bureaucracy to prevent the President from appointing a replacement make Sessions worse than a crook. It makes Session complicit in the attempted coup.

If Sessions felt his only option was to resign from all things "Russia", he should have first approached the President explaining how this could cripple his administration and tendered his resignation.  Instead of announcing his asinine and unnecessary recusal to the Senate, he should have announced the President has accepted his resignation, stood up and walked away.  The choice he made makes Sessions a man without honor.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 06:01:34 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2020, 08:17:11 pm »
Forget Trump... the entire DOJ/FBI lied to the courts, congress and the American people and got away with it largely because sessions abdicated his responsibilities.
Sessions abandoned ship hours after his confirmation.. they did not even have time to finish his name plate for the door of his office.
Sessions appointment was a setup and Trump fell into it...

Nah. That's bullcrap. He didn't abdicate, he recused. And other brass picked up the ball on matters he was recused from. He was otherwise an active AG.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2020, 08:17:50 pm »
I just wish good conservatives would stop lock stepping with POTUS everytime someone pisses him off, and he rants off into his demonization routine. It's really gotten old.

MAN! Is that ever right.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2020, 08:31:13 pm »
Thanks for the reminder.
Not a fan of the CAF either.
I had forgotten about that.

It is really the only thing I have against him - He can be on the bubble with his conservatism otherwise, a touch light... But I would vote for him hands down, except for that civil forfeiture thing. But that one thing is grievous enough, and he is so unabashed in his support thereof, that I would not vote for him on that basis...

But the schadenfreude in this particular election... I will get a chuckle if he is re-elected. I may even guffaw and slap my knee in an inelegant and impolite way. I can only hope I am not in some 5 star restaurant or a Tump rally when it happens (neither of which is likely at any given point).

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2020, 08:54:07 pm »
I guess I always knew, but its so obvious now that elected positions in this country have always been considered to be  hitting the lottery. The last thing DC wants is an independently wealthy real estate developer moving in & talking about 'draining the swamp'.

@skeeter

That very same thought was key to me changing my mind the night before the election,and deciding to take a chance and vote on Trump.

I figured that since he,his father,and his grandfather had been victims of the professional pols all their working lives by being forced to pay "bribes by contributions" to get the permits they had already paid for signed off on,he HAD to be resentful. He would be the ONLY "outsider" to become President since Washington,and he didn't owe ANYBODY ONE SINGLE DAMN THING.

Morever,they couldn't try to blackmail or pressure him without putting themselves in the stew because he had as much,and maybe even more,on them than they had on him.

Since he really didn't seem to be the forgiving type,I was hoping the heads of professional pols from both branches of the ruling party would have their heads on the chopping block with him as President.

And my current thinking is "We ain't seen nothing yet!" Just wait until he starts his second term and there is nothing to hold him back. No more Mr Nice Guy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2020, 08:54:42 pm »
Well, today's the Election, so we can send this thread to bed tonight, I hope.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2020, 08:59:14 pm »
Well, today's the Election, so we can send this thread to bed tonight, I hope.

Fingers crossed.  POTUS needs to get the message.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2020, 09:02:11 pm »
Fingers crossed.  POTUS needs to get the message.

I'm liking Sessions for this, but he might go Bitch Romney on us. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2020, 09:02:22 pm »
@skeeter

That very same thought was key to me changing my mind the night before the election,and deciding to take a chance and vote on Trump.

I figured that since he,his father,and his grandfather had been victims of the professional pols all their working lives by being forced to pay "bribes by contributions" to get the permits they had already paid for signed off on,he HAD to be resentful. He would be the ONLY "outsider" to become President since Washington,and he didn't owe ANYBODY ONE SINGLE DAMN THING.

Morever,they couldn't try to blackmail or pressure him without putting themselves in the stew because he had as much,and maybe even more,on them than they had on him.

Since he really didn't seem to be the forgiving type,I was hoping the heads of professional pols from both branches of the ruling party would have their heads on the chopping block with him as President.

And my current thinking is "We ain't seen nothing yet!" Just wait until he starts his second term and there is nothing to hold him back. No more Mr Nice Guy.

Forgive the expression, but from your lips to God's ears.  888mouth

Offline libertybele

« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2020, 09:05:51 pm »

I thought he already did.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2020, 09:06:02 pm »

I am thinking that Tuberville would be more likely, due to previous statements and posiitons.  Punditry seems to be in consensus that Sessions is more conservative. 

Now if Sessions goes off on a Romney like Vendetta against Trump, I'll be just as pissed as everyone else.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2020, 09:15:19 pm »
I am thinking that Tuberville would be more likely, due to previous statements and posiitons.  Punditry seems to be in consensus that Sessions is more conservative. 

Now if Sessions goes off on a Romney like Vendetta against Trump, I'll be just as pissed as everyone else.

Yep, me too...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2020, 09:19:01 pm »
Using his pals in the Senate and the DOJ bureaucracy to prevent the President from appointing a replacement make Sessions worse than a crook. It makes Session complicit in the attempted coup.

If Sessions felt his only option was to resign from all things "Russia", he should have first approached the President explaining how this could cripple his administration and tendered his resignation.  Instead of announcing his asinine and unnecessary recusal to the Senate, he should have announced the President has accepted his resignation, stood up and walked away.  The choice he made makes Sessions a man without honor.

I was not aware of his having done that @Right_in_Virginia. If he did, in fact, do that your argument is compelling.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2020, 09:29:25 pm »

What happened to Flake? Was he just putting on an act or did he lose is mind?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2020, 09:30:38 pm »
I was not aware of his having done that @Right_in_Virginia. If he did, in fact, do that your argument is compelling.

Do you think it was an accident that several "Republican" Senators announced they would refuse to confirm any replacement if Sessions got fired?  That's Smokey Back Room shit right there.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2020, 09:33:20 pm »
What happened to Flake? Was he just putting on an act or did he lose is mind?

Nobody gives a crap what Flake thinks.  He bailed his office, and saw to it a Rat got the seat.  Flake is the biggest piece of shit that ever sat in the Senate.  The boy is quite proud of his pious self, and his kid who killed all those dogs in his Kennel.  23 good dawgs died that day.
I will NOT comply.