Author Topic: St. Louis Couple Who Defended Home From Would-Be Lefty Rioters Have Rifle Seized By Police  (Read 1145 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
St. Louis Couple Who Defended Home From Would-Be Lefty Rioters Have Rifle Seized By Police
Matt Vespa

Posted: Jul 11, 2020 5:29 AM

Mark and Patricia McCloskey became famous when they rushed out of their homes with their firearms as lefty protesters trespassed on their property. Mark was captured holding an AR-15 rifle, so you know the liberal media was going to report on it and probably offer a garbage take on the incident. These would-be agitators busted onto their property. They weren’t passing just passing by. The McCloskeys also appear to be Black Lives Matter supporters, as indicated in a statement from their lawyer. Yet, politics aside, when trespassers who have been known to vandalize, loot and commit arson stumbles onto your property, you bet the owners are going to break out the guns if they have them. This isn’t an overreaction, just look at what these rioters have done in cities across the country.

Well, we’re learning now that their rifle was seized by police (via Fox News):

Authorities in St. Louis executed a search warrant Friday evening at the home of Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the couple who made headlines last month when they took up arms to defend their home from protesters.

During the search, police seized the rifle that Mark McCloskey was shown holding during the June 28 incident, KSDK-TV of St. Louis reported, citing information from a source.

[…]

There was no immediate indication the McCloskeys were arrested or charged with a crime. The warrant applied only to a search for the guns, KSDK reported.

On Monday, the McCloskeys appeared on Fox News’ “Hannity” and disclosed that protesters had returned to their neighborhood July 3 – but the couple was alerted in advance and hired a private security company to protect their residence.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2020/07/11/st-louis-couple-who-defended-home-from-wouldbe-lefty-rioters-have-rifle-seized-by-police-n2572309
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8512349/Police-raid-house-gun-toting-St-Louis-lawyer-couple.html

Police RAID house of gun-toting St. Louis lawyer couple and confiscate the AR-15 brandished during confrontation with Black Lives Matter protesters outside their home
By the Daily Mail
July 11, 2020

Police executed a search warrant and seized the rifle brandished by a St. Louis man when Black Lives Matter protesters marched through his gated community.

On Friday, authorities searched the home of lawyers Mark and Patricia McCloskey, who made headlines on June 28 when a video went viral showing them waving firearms at protesters who had massed outside their home.

The search turned up the AR-15 that had been held by Mark McCloskey, while a handgun brandished by Patricia McCloskey was already in possession of her attorney, Fox reports.

'We complied with the search warrant. They took my AR,' Mark McCloskey confirmed to The Todd Starnes Radio Show. 'I'm absolutely surprised by this.'

No charges have been filed against the couple. The pair's attorney, Joel Schwartz, intends to meet with St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner's office next week, The Washington Examiner reports.

More at URL above...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wow...  House raid and search,  and guns confiscated without charges of a crime.  Maybe the most egregious outrageous encroachment of 2A rights that I have ever seen!!!!!!

This bitch Kimberley Gardner needs to go down......Hard!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
On what grounds?  None of the stories I've seen describe the Statute that permits cops to confiscate the weapon.  And...can McCloskey get a replacement, or has he been put on a "do not buy" list?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
On what grounds?  None of the stories I've seen describe the Statute that permits cops to confiscate the weapon.  And...can McCloskey get a replacement, or has he been put on a "do not buy" list?

Here is a snip from the Daily Mail. (supposedly) citing NRA.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8512349/Police-raid-house-gun-toting-St-Louis-lawyer-couple.html

According to the NRA, state law does not prohibit the open carrying of firearms, but does prohibit exhibiting 'any weapon readily capable of lethal use' in an angry or threatening manner in the presence of one or more persons.

Exhibiting a weapon in this way would likely be a Class D felony punishable by up to four years in prison and a fine not to exceed $5,000.

A lot of this is up for debate, but I have seen Twitter feeds that show the crowd that day had firearms too. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

According to the NRA, state law does not prohibit the open carrying of firearms, but does prohibit exhibiting 'any weapon readily capable of lethal use' in an angry or threatening manner in the presence of one or more persons.

Exhibiting a weapon in this way would likely be a Class D felony punishable by up to four years in prison and a fine not to exceed $5,000.

A lot of this is up for debate, but I have seen Twitter feeds that show the crowd that day had firearms too.

It still doesn't explain the grounds for confiscating the weapon.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Ohhh, I agree.  If some bitch City Attorney shows up to my house to try to confiscate my weapons, there better be paperwork. 
Something seems a little fishy in this who mess.  And its not brandishing an AR-15 with a pink polo shirt.   :cool:

Offline skeeter

Yep. Just keep electing rats, dummies. We'll all end up getting exactly what you deserve.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Of course it does.  But this is just political theater, IMO.

There's not a jury in the country that would agree a violent (iron gate destruction to enter) mob isn't an immediate threat to his 'castle' (pun intended)

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

Well that's kinda silly. Brandishing is part of defense.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Missouri AG on Reported McCloskey Search: Prosecutor Has ‘Record’ of ‘Politically-Motivated Decisions’

Ian Hanchett 10 Jul 2020

On Friday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Fox News @ Night,” Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt (R) reacted to reports that a search warrant was served by St. Louis police on the home of Mark and Patricia McCloskey by stating that Missouri law gives individuals “really expansive authority” to protect themselves and their property and said that St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner (D) “has a record of making politically-motivated decisions not based on the law.”

Schmitt said that under the state’s Castle Doctrine law, “an individual has really expansive authority to protect their own lives, their home, and their property. And I think the story here to watch here is the local prosecutor, Kim Gardner. Kim Gardner has an abysmal record in prosecuting violent crime, has recently released and been complicit in the release of dozens and dozens of inmates who have been charged with violent crimes, and has a record of making politically-motivated decisions not based on the law. So, this is certainly something to watch.”

He added, “It’s hard to get into the mind of Kim Gardner. As I said, she has a sketchy track record of making politically based decisions.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/07/10/missouri-ag-on-reported-mccloskey-search-prosecutor-has-record-of-politically-motivated-decisions/
Support the USO

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
catfish wrote:
"Wow...  House raid and search,  and guns confiscated without charges of a crime.  Maybe the most egregious outrageous encroachment of 2A rights that I have ever seen!!!!!!"

As I wrote before in a previous posting about the McCloskeys -- they are "marked people" now in St. Louis, and in Missouri.

This will NOT change.
The only real solution for them is... to get out of the state.

Aside:
There was a novel written decades ago (the title which I can't mention here).
Written by someone whose name I can't mention here.
About a protagonist/diarist whose name I can't mention here.
With a cover page illustration that I cannot post here.
But the theme below the subtitle in the picture, I WILL mention here:
"What will you do when they come to take your guns...??"

Because... in the time that is coming... in America's go-round with communism... that IS going to happen.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
It did not appear, to me, that the man was brandishing his AR, but I could see that some people may consider that the wife was brandishing her handgun in the way that she was holding it.

Online Hoodat

Wow...  House raid and search,  and guns confiscated without charges of a crime.  Maybe the most egregious outrageous encroachment of 2A rights that I have ever seen!!!!!!

Agreed.  Would like to know the name of the judge that signed off on this.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Agreed.  Would like to know the name of the judge that signed off on this.

Sounds like the BLM allied City Attorney did it on her lonesome. 

Online Hoodat

Sounds like the BLM allied City Attorney did it on her lonesome.

But that's not how warrants work.  Warrants are issued by the Judiciary branch, not the Executive branch.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But that's not how warrants work.  Warrants are issued by the Judiciary branch, not the Executive branch.

She probably went down to the local Justice of the Peace and got it rubber-stamped.  They do that all the time.
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

You may be right, but I think this bitch has no clue of the concept of "due process"

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You may be right, but I think this bitch has no clue of the concept of "due process"

So what happens if Mr. McCloskey drives over to the local gun shop and buys a new AR-15?  What then?  What if somebody were to gift him one?  Unless he can't pass the NICS check he should have a new weapon instantly.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
St. Louis Couple Who Defended Home From Would-Be Lefty Rioters Have Rifle Seized By Police
Matt Vespa

Posted: Jul 11, 2020 5:29 AM

Mark and Patricia McCloskey became famous when they rushed out of their homes with their firearms as lefty protesters trespassed on their property. Mark was captured holding an AR-15 rifle, so you know the liberal media was going to report on it and probably offer a garbage take on the incident. These would-be agitators busted onto their property. They weren’t passing just passing by. The McCloskeys also appear to be Black Lives Matter supporters, as indicated in a statement from their lawyer. Yet, politics aside, when trespassers who have been known to vandalize, loot and commit arson stumbles onto your property, you bet the owners are going to break out the guns if they have them. This isn’t an overreaction, just look at what these rioters have done in cities across the country.

Well, we’re learning now that their rifle was seized by police (via Fox News):

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2020/07/11/st-louis-couple-who-defended-home-from-wouldbe-lefty-rioters-have-rifle-seized-by-police-n2572309

@mystery-ak

No big deal if you are like them,and have leftists insiders inform you of when the BLM hoodlums will be in your neighborhood again,and have plenty of disposable cash to pay off-duty armed policemen to protect you and your property.

Leftism exists off the back of the working class taxpayers,who don't have tax shelters,and who are not living off government aid. The wealthy are the leadership class and make sure no taxes harm their bottom lines financially,and the professional welfare class will ALWAYS want "more of everything for free".

The intent is to enslave the working classes.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mrclose

@Cyber Liberty

It would seem that no one remembers this .. or the peaceful protests lies?"

Gardner issued a statement late Monday morning, stating that she was "alarmed at the events that occurred over the weekend, where peaceful protesters were met by guns and a violent assault." She added that her office is "currently working with the public and police to investigate these events."

Gardner concluded her statement with these words: "Make no mistake: we will not tolerate the use of force against those exercising their First Amendment rights, and will use the full power of Missouri law to hold people accountable."

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsblog/2020/06/29/st-louis-prosecutor-investigating-mark-and-patricia-mccloskeys-armed-encounter
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline mrclose

Or this?

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner released ALL of the rioters and looters captured this week in the criminal Black Lives Matter – Antifa protests in St. Louis.

This was after 4 police officers were shot and one retired police captain was killed in the street on Facebook live.

In St. Louis City far left lunatic Kim Gardner took money from Soros in her race for St. Louis Circuit Attorney.

Soros funded PAC even released an ad in support of this far left and unqualified nutcase.

Kim Gardner won her election and is wreaking havoc on the city of St. Louis circuit attorney’s office.

Kim Gardner is so intolerable that two dozen attorneys and more than one-third of the trial lawyers left the office when she was hired. And this is a Democrat dominated office.

In early January St. Louis Police arrested a drug dealer in possession of over 1,000 highly addictive opiate pills and more than $30,000 in cash.

The St. Louis police officers also got a confession from their suspect.

But when investigators brought their evidence to Gardner’s Circuit Attorney’s office in downtown St. Louis the attorneys REFUSED to press charges against the dealer and handed the police report back to the officers!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/soros-backed-st-louis-circuit-attorney-releases-rioters-looters-jail-without-charges-following-mondays-mass-rioting/
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 12:37:12 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Gee,I wonder if she is white or votes for Trump? 
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Keep in mind this angry crowd had already broken down a metal gate to trespass on their property. In light of events perpetrated by people yelling the same slogans, it is credible that these people were in fear for their lives and property, and only defending it against armed trespassers. 

Obviously, the Second Amendment has been violated. They were on their private property, chasing trespassers away, in fear for their lives.  If you cannot bear arms on your own property? Seems to me that was covered in Heller.

Fifth Amendment
...nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law...

Fourteenth Amendment Section 1:
...No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

For a bonus, considering events of late:   
Section 3.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
I n=know that was aimed at (former) Confederates, but it's time to use it on the Communists.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 08:25:25 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis