Author Topic: Left-wing ‘Breathe Act’ Would Close All Federal Prisons, Immigration Detention Centers  (Read 374 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Penny Starr10 Jul 2020131
2:55

The left-wing political group Black Lives Matter is seeking support in Congress for radical legislation that would, among other things, close all federal prisons and immigration detention centers.

The bill “would eliminate federal programs and agencies used to finance and expand the U.S. criminal-legal system, such as the Department of Defense 1033 program, the Edward Byrne-Justice Assistance Grant Program, Community Oriented Policing Services, the Drug Enforcement Administration, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement,” the bill states.

“We stand on the shoulders of giants and there has been 400 years of work that Black people have done to try to get us closer to freedom,” Black Lives Matter cofounder Patrisse Cullors said about the proposed bill, citing the false date for America’s founding.

“This moment is a watershed moment,” Cullors said. “I think this moment calls for structural change and transformative change in ways that we haven’t seen in a very long time. We see this opportunity to push for the Breathe Act as a part of what we’re calling the modern-day civil rights act.”

As Breitbart News reported, far-left “Squad” members Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) and Ayanna Pressley (D-MA) partnered with the coalition Movement for Black Lives in promoting the bill:

The two lawmakers reportedly announced the “BREATHE Act” in a virtual meeting on Tuesday. Tlaib described the measure as ushering in a “new version for public safety — a new vision for public safety, one that protects and affirms black lives.”

“We must invest in a new vision of public safety,” Tlaib said. “Today, I am proud to join the calls coming out of one of the largest movements for justice that my district and our country have ever seen to say unapologetically: I support the #BREATHEAct.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/10/left-wing-breathe-act-would-close-all-federal-prisons-immigration-detention-centers/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That should go down in flames.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Sounds like they could just build on First Act. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LegalAmerican

Make us a wild, insane country?  LIKE ALL THE LEFTS?    ZERO COMMON SENSE. 

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Make us a wild, insane country?  LIKE ALL THE LEFTS?    ZERO COMMON SENSE.
Now, imagine a situation where the families of victims could no longer be consoled by the fact that perpetrators were in secure lockup.

Inevitably, people would take the mantle of justice upon their own shoulders and eliminate the possibility of recidivism.

Lynch mobs? Nooses? Meh. Hell on Wheels, blood in the streets, at least for a while.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis