Author Topic: Wearing a mask cuts own risk of novel coronavirus by 65 percent, experts say  (Read 3457 times)

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

I've got it covered:

Is that a G STRING?          (making a tiny, lame joke.)

BIDEN needs to wear the Hannibal mask, with his sniffing young children. 

Offline LegalAmerican

A lady doctor,  talks about VACCINES.   Starts at 21;00 INTO THE VIDEO. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
My wife and I were in the drive through at CFA the other day...there was a guy who was in a jeep with a bikini top on it (very small minimal jeep roof covering) no one else was with him and he was wearing a frigging mask!  *****rollingeyes*****

@txradioguy

First, thank you very much for that informative post earlier on this thread, for which a few have given you kudos.

Regarding driving solo, while wearing a mask...consider that other loved ones either use the vehicle, or there are often times passengers are included.

That would be the only reasonable explanation, IMO.

Nobody ever gets inside my vehicle, and I use CLOROX wipes occasionally on the steering wheel, gear shift, emergency brake, control knobs and interior door handles, etc., because I may have touched something while getting gas, receiving change on my purchases and the like.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

Nobody ever gets inside my vehicle, and I use CLOROX wipes occasionally on the steering wheel, gear shift, emergency brake, control knobs and interior door handles, etc., because I may have touched something while getting gas, receiving change on my purchases and the like.

Nobody ever gets in my truck neither... Because I never use chlorox wipes. Heck I can't remember ever really cleaning it... There's literal sh*t on the floorboards... There's a pile of tools in the passenger's foot well... Sorry, if you want a ride, sit in the back (which ain't much better)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

First, thank you very much for that informative post earlier on this thread, for which a few have given you kudos.

Thank you sir.

Regarding driving solo, while wearing a mask...consider that other loved ones either use the vehicle, or there are often times passengers are included.

That would be the only reasonable explanation, IMO.

I could possibly go with that if the Jeep and the driver weren't out in the open air save for a canvas top over the top of the roll bars.  Otherwise he's in open air.

I clean my car top to bottom a couple times a month.  More if my grandkids are going to be riding with me.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A lot has been done during every crisis "to do something".

It has never really matter if what was being done actually did anything useful or even made things worse.

"Doing something" was the cause into itself to show leadership and that "we care" and that "we are in control".
Precisely. Sometimes the best course of action is to wait until you have the facts.

By the title, thirty five percent of the time the mask won't protect you. That's a two in three shot that your mask will help. That's like playing with your six shooter with only two rounds in the wheel. (Half the odds of Russian Roulette).

Every time you meet someone you spin the wheel...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 06:57:17 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dancer

The rare times I'm forced to wear a mask, I get headaches like you wouldn't believe.  I can't prove it scientifically...but I think it has to do with rebreathing the carbon dioxide from when we exhale.
Yep. Hypercapnea/hypoxia.  Symptom can include low blood oxygen, dimmed sight, reduced hearing, drowsiness, confusion, headache, shortness of breath, increases heart rate and blood pressure.

There has been a rise in lung infections and pneumonia.  We exhale CO2 and it builds up in the mask. 

Don't wear them unless you have to.  I wear one on outings because I can't afford the fine if caught without one.

Offline dancer

The youtube has been scrubbed, but if you go to this link, there is a posted short vid on toxicity measured on a meter:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1279528940844003328

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yep. Hypercapnea/hypoxia.  Symptom can include low blood oxygen, dimmed sight, reduced hearing, drowsiness, confusion, headache, shortness of breath, increases heart rate and blood pressure.

There has been a rise in lung infections and pneumonia.  We exhale CO2 and it builds up in the mask. 

Don't wear them unless you have to.  I wear one on outings because I can't afford the fine if caught without one.

@dancer the only reason Ido now is because the UCMJ applies to me and a 2 Star General says I have to.  But only til 30 September.  After that they can pound sand when it comes to wearing a mask.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Practical

Tomorrow it will be something else, another fact or figure, anything to keep it going. I am going to be amazingly disappointed if the dust settles from this and we find out some congresscritters invested heavily in mask companies...
If you think I suck now, you should listen to my podcast! ThePodocasts.com

Offline DCPatriot

Tomorrow it will be something else, another fact or figure, anything to keep it going. I am going to be amazingly disappointed if the dust settles from this and we find out some congresscritters invested heavily in mask companies...

No disrespect, @Practical but that's "Checkers" mentality.

This is all about a drive to allow mail-in ballots for the November election.  Also, to drive economic good news off the front pages.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

This is all about a drive to allow mail-in ballots for the November election.  Also, to drive economic good news off the front pages.

And to drive the current president out of office before the SHTF over what the last administrations did.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

I thought it was to thwart voter ID....

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

And to drive the current president out of office before the SHTF over what the last administrations did.

:beer:

Offline DCPatriot

I thought it was to thwart voter ID....

It is...thus the call for mail-in voting and so-called "early voting", which is a sham.

If Mary and Joseph had to ride a donkey for days just to 'register' for taxes, we can stand in a line for an hour to save our Republic from Communism.

Offline Smokin Joe

It is...thus the call for mail-in voting and so-called "early voting", which is a sham.

If Mary and Joseph had to ride a donkey for days just to 'register' for taxes, we can stand in a line for an hour to save our Republic from Communism.
Yeah, but it only used to be half a block long, now with (anti-)social distancing it'd be at least twice that...

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

Yeah, but it only used to be half a block long, now with (anti-)social distancing it'd be at least twice that...

Would venture a guess that "Trump Voters" would be more inclined to stand in those long lines compared to Dem voters.

Offline Smokin Joe

Would venture a guess that "Trump Voters" would be more inclined to stand in those long lines compared to Dem voters.
Well, without chanting some babble and throwing things, anyway.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Yup. 

Kinda mirrors the difference in philosophy about work between the rank and file of the two parties as well.  Republicans (for the most part) work...provide for their family...buy what they ned and want with money earned from the sweat of their brow or a particular skill they have.

Dems...are perfectly fine sitting on their ass at home waiting for Uncle Sugar to send them a check or electronically deposit their "income" without ever having to lift a finger to do anything.

Mitt was spot on about the 47%.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It's amazing that people are told that standing in line to vote is just to damn hard and yet I have driven by a local DMV three times in the last week and every time people were lined up wrapped around the DMV and for what would be the length of a block out on the street. If they can wait in a line like that for a drivers license, tags or registration then there is no reason why they can't que up to vote, arguably one of our most important rights.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
 :rolling:
Nobody ever gets in my truck neither... Because I never use chlorox wipes. Heck I can't remember ever really cleaning it... There's literal sh*t on the floorboards... There's a pile of tools in the passenger's foot well... Sorry, if you want a ride, sit in the back (which ain't much better)
  :rolling:

Offline Practical

Oh, I believe it is part of a massive scheme, training the US citizen for compliance. I said I would be amazingly disappointed if it WAS for something as small as getting a bunch of congress folks money. Surely they can manipulate a system much easier.
If you think I suck now, you should listen to my podcast! ThePodocasts.com