Author Topic: Report: NBA Approves List of Social Justice Messages for Jerseys  (Read 655 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dylan Gwinn 4 Jul 2020

The NBA has approved a list of social justice messages that players will be allowed to wear on their jerseys when, or if, play resumes later this month.

According to Marc J. Spears of ESPN, the list includes:

The National Basketball Players Association and the NBA reached an agreement Friday on social justice messages that can be displayed above the number on the back of jerseys when the league resumes play July 30, a source told ESPN’s The Undefeated.

The list of the approved suggested social messages, per the source, for the back of the NBA jerseys: Black Lives Matter; Say Their Names; Vote; I Can’t Breathe; Justice; Peace; Equality; Freedom; Enough; Power to the People; Justice Now; Say Her Name; Sí Se Puede (Yes We Can); Liberation; See Us; Hear Us; Respect Us; Love Us; Listen; Listen to Us; Stand Up; Ally; Anti-Racist; I Am A Man; Speak Up; How Many More; Group Economics; Education Reform; and Mentor.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/07/04/report-nba-approves-list-of-social-justice-messages-for-jerseys/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

Re: Report: NBA Approves List of Social Justice Messages for Jerseys
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 10:03:11 pm »
I swear I can't boycott em anymore than I am. Don't watch it, don't buy the merch, don't even know who anybody is since maybe Jordan...

No football, basketball, even NASCAR - I stepped off when Tony Stewart stepped out of the Home Depot Chevy... Ain't been back since.

Screw them high dollar prima donnas.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 10:35:46 pm »
I take it that "Make America Great Again" didn't make the list.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 01:25:50 am »
 :truce:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 08:38:16 am »
Well, I never was much on pro sports since my childhood, and I ain't about to start now.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online rustynail

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 09:01:29 am »
He Hate Me.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 09:10:04 am »
He Hate Me.
Wait, that's got two capital "H"s in it, which everybody knows is cracker code for Heil whatsisname, begins with an 'H', and is a White Supremacist thing.
Can't have no numbah 88, neither.

(I know, that's bull squat, but just as credible as some of the other stuff out there)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 09:11:10 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 06:53:54 pm »
I take it that "Make America Great Again" didn't make the list.

LOL, nor did "Free Hong Kong".
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2020, 01:31:29 pm »
Tone-Deaf NBA Players Complain About Meals And Hotel Rooms Most Americans Can’t Afford
July 10, 2020 By Madeline Osburn
As America’s basketball superstars head into the National Basketball Association’s isolation “bubble” at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida, for their delayed and shortened season, some have shared tone-deaf complaints on social media about their new living conditions.

Players are required to quarantine for two weeks before the league’s July 30 relaunch, meaning they must limit contact with others and will have all meals delivered directly to their hotel rooms. Nearly immediately after entering “the bubble,” players began sharing their complaints on social media about everything from the food and WiFi to their resort lodging accommodations.

The Lakers’ LeBron James compared his luxury suite to heading into a prison sentence, while his teammate Rajon Rondo compared his room to a “Motel 6.” The Lakers are staying at the newest hotel on the campus, the Disney Grand Destino, where suites typically cost about $500 per night. ...
The Federalist

Yeah, I'm done with them - and most other professional sports.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org