Author Topic: Defense spending bill includes $1M for Army to change Confederate base names  (Read 341 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Defense spending bill includes $1M for Army to change Confederate base names
By Rebecca Kheel - 07/07/20 04:31 PM EDT

House Democrats’ version of the annual defense spending bill would give the Army $1 million to help remove Confederate names from bases and other property.

The bill would set aside $1 million from the Army’s operations and maintenance account to use on “expenses for the renaming of Army installations, facilities, roads and streets named after confederate leaders and officers,” according to draft text released by the House Appropriations Committee on Tuesday.

The provision is included in the $694.6 billion Pentagon spending bill for fiscal 2021 that the House Appropriations Committee’s defense subpanel is scheduled to consider behind closed doors Wednesday.

A Democratic summary of the bill said the money would be provided because “the Army has the preponderance of the entities to change.” The Army has 10 bases named after Confederate military officers.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/506252-defense-spending-bill-includes-1m-for-army-to-change-confederate-base-names
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Grassley: Senate would 'probably' override Trump veto of defense bill amid base renaming fight

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/506167-grassley-senate-would-probably-override-trump-veto-of-defense-bill-amid-base
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

The Army's budget for 2019 was almost $200 billion, why do they need another $1 million to follow orders?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The Army's budget for 2019 was almost $200 billion, why do they need another $1 million to follow orders?
I'm just spitballing here but somehow I can't believe that a million dollars would come close to paying for all the signage and other things that would have to be changed. This is just a symbolic amount, the entire thing is designed to be able to attack Trump as a racist and pro slave owners if he vetoes the bill.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'm just spitballing here but somehow I can't believe that a million dollars would come close to paying for all the signage and other things that would have to be changed. This is just a symbolic amount, the entire thing is designed to be able to attack Trump as a racist and pro slave owners if he vetoes the bill.

Politcal and sociiological mores change with time.  There will be a time that all the BLM and MLK statues fall in rage.  And I will smiling beyond the grave.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.