Author Topic: Is The Pandemic Coming To An End At Last?  (Read 547 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is The Pandemic Coming To An End At Last?
« on: July 07, 2020, 05:25:43 pm »
Is The Pandemic Coming To An End At Last?
I & I Editorial Board
July 7, 2020

I&I Editorial

The media and many politicians inside the Democratic Party continue to shriek over the recent jump in the number of recorded coronavirus cases, seeking to keep the economy closed at all costs — and we mean that literally. Don’t fall for the argument. The data show that, in fact, our pandemic nightmare might well be coming to an end.

OK, you say, Issues & Insights, how can you say such a thing with so little to back it up?

Well, firstly, it’s not actually us saying this. It’s the Centers for Disease Control, which reported that the death rate has fallen so far it’s now roughly equal to the threshold for even qualifying as an epidemic, which isn’t as severe as a pandemic.

“Based on death certificate data, the percentage of (total U.S.) deaths attributed to pneumonia, influenza or COVID-19 (PIC) decreased from 9% during week 25 to 5.9% during week 26,” the CDC noted, adding that this was the 10th-straight week of declining deaths.

While the “percentage is currently at the epidemic threshold,” additional data in coming weeks could change that, says the CDC.

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2020/07/07/is-the-covid-19-epidemic-coming-to-an-end-at-last/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

Re: Is The Pandemic Coming To An End At Last?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 09:03:00 pm »
Wow. The nearly heart-beat pattern in the fatalities line is weird. It almost breathes. That must be an artificial artifact having to do with data gathering or something.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 09:47:40 pm »
"Deaths" is a lagging indicator.  When the history is written, if accurately portrayed, the epidemic ended a month ago, even with the urban youts doing their level best to spread the disease.

This shit's over folks.  From here on out all attempts to lock us down are 100% pure Bullshit.  If they can't spread a plague with thousands of people rioting and looting, then it's nothing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 09:56:09 pm »
"Deaths" is a lagging indicator.  When the history is written, if accurately portrayed, the epidemic ended a month ago, even with the urban youts doing their level best to spread the disease.

This shit's over folks.  From here on out all attempts to lock us down are 100% pure Bullshit.  If they can't spread a plague with thousands of people rioting and looting, then it's nothing.

I'm not so sure.  COVID hospitalizations have increased significantly the past couple of weeks.  I'd say it's too early to say that this is all b.s.  If the death toll start to increase significantly and the numbers start to match the hospitalizations, then we need to rethink the idea that this pandemic has come to an end.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 10:01:53 pm »
I'm not so sure.  COVID hospitalizations have increased significantly the past couple of weeks.  I'd say it's too early to say that this is all b.s.  If the death toll start to increase significantly and the numbers start to match the hospitalizations, then we need to rethink the idea that this pandemic has come to an end.

How about we quit punishing people in places with low infection/hospitalization/death rates with crushing social distancing regulations that throw half the population out of work and into instant poverty, for zero gain?

Phoenix has higher cases with fewer deaths, yet people in the corners of the state are forced to wear masks in their cars.  I refuse to comply.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 10:06:59 pm »

That's right.  You need to look at hospitalization rates, not just death rates.    A stable death rate merely means that we know better now how to treat it, or how to protect the most vulnerable.    But if hospitalizations are increasing,  that is further taxing our resources.

Of course,  the Dems have political reasons for reopening at a snail's pace,  and lawsuit-wary big business is happy to oblige.  Smart conservatives know the key is to deny them the excuse to drag their feet - just wear the darn mask.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 10:25:40 pm »
When does an epidemic "end"?

When the number of deaths decline to insignificant levels (even though the number of new infections remains high)
or
When BOTH deaths and new infections decline to negligible levels?

I'm no expert, but for me #2 above would seem more applicable...

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2020, 10:33:32 pm »
When does an epidemic "end"?

When the number of deaths decline to insignificant levels (even though the number of new infections remains high)
or
When BOTH deaths and new infections decline to negligible levels?

I'm no expert, but for me #2 above would seem more applicable...
Under your standard, we'd be under constant "epidemics" every time a common cold hits.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 10:34:36 pm »
That's right.  You need to look at hospitalization rates, not just death rates.    A stable death rate merely means that we know better now how to treat it, or how to protect the most vulnerable.    But if hospitalizations are increasing,  that is further taxing our resources.

Keep people locked down and you will have no resources. The minute you lock down you are dealing with fixed resources at best, and fixed resources expire.

Of course,  the Dems have political reasons for reopening at a snail's pace,  and lawsuit-wary big business is happy to oblige.  Smart conservatives know the key is to deny them the excuse to drag their feet - just wear the darn mask.

Not a chance in hell.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 10:49:26 pm »
Keep people locked down and you will have no resources. The minute you lock down you are dealing with fixed resources at best, and fixed resources expire.

Not a chance in hell.

"Smart Conservatives" would be the first group getting into the cattle cars.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 10:54:54 pm »

Being contrary, I'll be two ridges over by then.  :beer:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2020, 11:23:23 pm »
We're equating covering your mouth to prevent a viral spread, to the Holocaust now?

Oh, good flipping grief, people. You're all as intransigent as Gretchen Whitmer at this point.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2020, 11:41:09 pm »
We're equating covering your mouth to prevent a viral spread, to the Holocaust now?

Oh, good flipping grief, people. You're all as intransigent as Gretchen Whitmer at this point.

Yeah, liberty sucks sometimes.
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2020, 11:42:54 pm »
How about we quit punishing people in places with low infection/hospitalization/death rates with crushing social distancing regulations that throw half the population out of work and into instant poverty, for zero gain?

Phoenix has higher cases with fewer deaths, yet people in the corners of the state are forced to wear masks in their cars.  I refuse to comply.

Counties around me have implemented wearing face masks mandatory.  My city council just voted against it.  I wear a mask when I venture out, but in the car?  No way. 

I think there's a gray area here.  I heard the argument that cities and counties mandate hurricane evacuations, and most comply, so, is this mandate all that different?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2020, 11:47:35 pm »
Counties around me have implemented wearing face masks mandatory.  My city council just voted against it.  I wear a mask when I venture out, but in the car?  No way. 

I think there's a gray area here.  I heard the argument that cities and counties mandate hurricane evacuations, and most comply, so, is this mandate all that different?

Those mandatory hurricane evacuations became more difficult when they wouldn't let people back in to prevent looting.  Yes, it's different.

There are some ridiculous orders being foisted on people, like masks in sealed cars.  The Governors got away with it, and we didn't hang bureaucrats from lampposts, so maybe they can push it a little further? 

In some ways, the newest order in AZ is more draconian than the earlier one, and with even less compliance.
I will NOT comply.