Author Topic: Tammy Duckworth hits back at Tucker Carlson: 'Walk a mile in my legs'  (Read 1117 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tammy Duckworth hits back at Tucker Carlson: 'Walk a mile in my legs'
By Marina Pitofsky - 07/07/20 08:55 AM EDT

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) on Monday night hit back at Fox News host Tucker Carlson after he criticized her for supporting a “national dialogue” on removing memorials to George Washington.

“Does @TuckerCarlson want to walk a mile in my legs and then tell me whether or not I love America?” Duckworth tweeted after Carlson called her a "deeply silly and unimpressive person."

Tammy Duckworth
@SenDuckworth
Does @TuckerCarlson want to walk a mile in my legs and then tell me whether or not I love America?

Duckworth, a combat veteran, lost her legs in 2004 after insurgents shot down a Black Hawk helicopter she was co-piloting.

Carlson called out Duckworth Monday while giving a monologue on his Fox News show "Tucker Carlson Tonight."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/506137-tammy-duckworth-claps-back-at-tucker-carlson-walk-a-mile-in-my-legs
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

I expect she'll fall back on her combat experience every time she's called out. Something Dan Crenshaw never does.

Sorry lady - you are a public figure seeking a national office and are making statements some of us find exceptionally objectionable. Your military background does not exempt you from criticism.

You may have been a good co-pilot but as a civilian leader you are definitely a lightweight and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near higher office.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 02:07:42 pm by skeeter »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Obama and now this?

Thank you Illinois.  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It must have sounded clever in her head....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Ooh,  Tucker's left a mark.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online mountaineer

If she wants to be perceived as loving her country, maybe she should act like it. Her sacrifice of 16 years ago is appreciated, but doesn't give her a lifetime free pass for ignorance.

See how I resisted the temptation to say something about not having a leg to stand on?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online cato potatoe

I'm sorry that losing two limbs her made her bitter towards America.  She is not entitled to ruin the rest of our lives.

Online roamer_1

See how I resisted the temptation to say something about not having a leg to stand on?

Ooh, man... Niiiice. Definitely credz to you for not yielding to temptation.
 :beer: :rolling:

Offline Mesaclone

Hitler was a wounded vet as well...being a Veteran does not automatically mean one loves their nation, their fellow citizens, or that a leader isn't a fool or a psychopath. Hitler was the psychopath, clearly Duckworth is the fool.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online mountaineer

Hitler was a wounded vet as well...being a Veteran does not automatically mean one loves their nation, their fellow citizens, or that a leader isn't a fool or a psychopath. Hitler was the psychopath, clearly Duckworth is the fool.
And John Effin' Kerry got a grain of rice shot at his butt in Vietnam. Kerry or Duckworth, a Purple Heart doesn't exempt someone from criticism when they later say stupid things. I appreciate the fact that she served, and I'm very sorry she was so grievously wounded, but it's still okay to disagree with her.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: Tammy Duckworth hits back at Tucker Carlson: 'Walk a mile in my legs'
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 12:42:49 am »
  "LAME".   No pun intended. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2020, 01:33:20 pm »
I’ve come to the realization that the comments section at The Hill is actually worse and more insanely deranged than Twitter....and that is REALLY saying something.

BTW, this veteran says screw Duckworth and her anti American agenda.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2020, 01:41:21 pm »
Tucker Carlson ratchets up criticism of Duckworth, calls her a 'coward'
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/506322-tucker-carlson-ratchets-up-criticism-of-duckworth-calls-her-a-coward

@mystery-ak

She is.  Spouts ridiculous over the top  posiitons, and then is too cowardly to go record to defend them them.  If this lady wants any kind of coverage on the national stage she better stop her hit and run hypocricy and fess up to her stupidity.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2020, 01:47:17 pm »
And John Effin' Kerry got a grain of rice shot at his butt in Vietnam. Kerry or Duckworth, a Purple Heart doesn't exempt someone from criticism when they later say stupid things. I appreciate the fact that she served, and I'm very sorry she was so grievously wounded, but it's still okay to disagree with her.

If Duckworth can demean a giant like George Washington then she why would she think she is above criticism?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2020, 01:50:20 pm »
I’ve come to the realization that the comments section at The Hill is actually worse and more insanely deranged than Twitter....and that is REALLY saying something.

BTW, this veteran says screw Duckworth and her anti-American agenda.

And so does this one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 01:54:05 pm »
Now this is brass!   :smokin: 

Tucker's response:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmflC8Yc1ls

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2020, 01:57:26 pm »
If Duckworth can demean a giant like George Washington then she why would she think she is above criticism?

Instead, maybe Duckworth idolizes another Am. Rev. Soldier who was injured at the Battle of Saratoga....   Benedict Arnold.

More her style.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2020, 02:00:36 pm »

Tucker's response:

Really cringe-worthy in this awful era of PC, but he was spot on.  Liberal heads were exploding en masse. 

Loved it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2020, 02:07:17 pm »
Tucker is pretty much the only show on Fox I won't miss these days outside of Levin on Sunday nights that is.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2020, 02:25:02 pm »

Tucker's response:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmflC8Yc1ls

Tucker:"..Since she was once injured serving in the Illinois National Guard."

'LOL.' Losing both one's legs is simply characterized as "injured."

LOVE TUCKER!
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2020, 02:59:25 pm »
Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11

If military service makes public figures like Tammy Duckworth immune from criticism, I’ll be looking forward to seeing the left apologize to Lt. General Michael Flynn for their vicious lies & smears against him.

10:10 AM · Jul 8, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1280866936688009218

Offline skeeter

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2020, 04:10:17 pm »
Or Tom Cotton. etc

Or Alexander Vindman
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: