Author Topic: Release of Mary Trump's tell-all book moved up to next week  (Read 9845 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Release of Mary Trump's tell-all book moved up to next week
« Reply #275 on: July 17, 2020, 04:07:06 pm »

Conservatives are not robots, like the liberals.

And that’s our great weakness. The robots appear to be winning while republicans and conservatives pretend we’re living in 1776, or 1946, when there were rules. We’re playing beanbag and democrats are cutting throats.

They own us in the culture, in the boardrooms of corporations, in social and news media and in entertainment. They own the unions, education and Fedgov workers, big city governments, sports leagues. All the institutions of society and governments are in the hands of a unified force in a power grab for more control.

When will republicans and conservatives meet Leftist political and community force with equal force. We’re losing the culture and that matters to our political viability and future of the country.

Online DB

« Reply #276 on: July 17, 2020, 04:24:58 pm »
Trump is already in office.

The Senate is controlled by Republicans.

And all this shit is going down on their watch.

And you think that is winning?

That not being a fan of what they are doing is the reason why they are failing?

They are failing because of who they are. They are not capable of actually leading - as well evidenced.

If you want actual change. You are going to have to do something else. Because this isn't working. And hasn't been working for some time.

Just because some people have figured that out sooner than others doesn't make them the enemy.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #277 on: July 17, 2020, 04:31:59 pm »
And that’s our great weakness. The robots appear to be winning while republicans and conservatives pretend we’re living in 1776, or 1946, when there were rules. We’re playing beanbag and democrats are cutting throats.

Here's a clue.  Any time Republicans try to out-Democrat Democrats, they come up short.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #278 on: July 17, 2020, 04:32:45 pm »

They own us in the culture, in the boardrooms of corporations, in social and news media and in entertainment. They own the unions, education and Fedgov workers, big city governments, sports leagues. All the institutions of society and governments are in the hands of a unified force in a power grab for more control.

When will republicans and conservatives meet Leftist political and community force with equal force. We’re losing the culture and that matters to our political viability and future of the country.

Honestly, I consider it a strength, not a weakness.
I would rather have the infighting and struggles than have everyone in 100% agreement on everything.
Change is hard to come by if everyone agrees.
Change may or may not be good, of course.
When it comes to the judicial, let the constitution be their guide.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #279 on: July 17, 2020, 04:44:37 pm »

My main criticism is that the debt keeps soaring.
I know he doesn't allocate the money, but I'd like to see a veto used now and again.

He can't. Part of all the "gimmes" is to keep the leftist supporters in cash so they can move around and protest,and part of it to try to sucker Trump into complaining about "financial aid given to the poorest of the poor in this time of their greatest need!".

I can read the headlines and see the teebee talking heads so outraged spittle is flying on camera right now in my mind.

In other words,part of the massive spending is to try to set a trap for him to fall into so the left can start screaming "He only cares about billionaires like him!" to the clueless "undecided voters" that seem to decide every election.

Rand Paul seems to be the only one in DC talking about this lately.

And there must be at least 3 people writing him in on ballots.

I give him high marks, but not 100%, but I've never given a politician 100% yet.

The day I give ANY politician a 100% approval rating is the same day I turn myself in to a state home for the mentally feeble.

Hell,I wouldn't even support ME 100% if I were President. We elect presidents,not dictators,and this means a little give and take is not only inevitable,but desired. NOBODY is right all the time.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #280 on: July 17, 2020, 04:45:47 pm »
The day I give ANY politician a 100% approval rating is the same day I turn myself in to a state home for the mentally feeble.

Hell,I wouldn't even support ME 100% if I were President. We elect presidents,not dictators,and this means a little give and take is not only inevitable,but desired. NOBODY is right all the time. Not even me.

@sneakypete

:beer:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #281 on: July 17, 2020, 05:22:39 pm »
The one thing that stands out about the Big Book is that it was written after the first 100 had recovered.  Emphasis on 'recovered'.  Not 'in recovery'.  Not 'recovering'.  But 'recovered'.  Being reborn spiritually as a result of the steps.  The closest thing I know to being 'born again', becoming a new creation, having a renewed mindset.

I personally knew some of the people who wrote the NA basic text.  Can't say that any of them had recovered when they wrote it, nor many years later.  Bottom line, I got 'clean' in NA, but I got 'sober' in AA.
AA and NA have deep long histories in my area.

While many quibble over words ,my early sponsor had both drug and alcohol problems. I had alcohol problems only, but most of my early buddies had both.

Dr. Paul author of Doctor, Addict, Alcoholic, told his story in a persuasive way. I heard him speak twice.

FWIW I can't make music, but I love it. I was influenced by music figures, in the programs.

Sir Anthony Hopkins, Robert Downey Jr., Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Ringo Starr, Bill Ward, Bonnie Raitt,  Alice Cooper,

https://www.sandiegoaddictions.com/24-celebrities-celebrating-sobriety/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln