Author Topic: Release of Mary Trump's tell-all book moved up to next week  (Read 9893 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Release of Mary Trump's tell-all book moved up to next week
« Reply #250 on: July 16, 2020, 03:39:52 pm »
It actually is about personal responsibility and strength of will/character.   And as for those "studies" done, much like many of the studies done by so-called ""experts"" on Covid-19, opinions vary.  And yet "you" double down.

For instance... studies that deemed alcoholism as a disease are not based in scientific fact.

@XenaLee

Since you seem to be a slow learner:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=DISEASE

dis·ease
/dəˈzēz/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: disease; plural noun: diseases; noun: dis-ease; plural noun: dis-eases

a disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific signs or symptoms or that affects a specific location and is not simply a direct result of physical injury.

Addiction is a chemical compulsion that people are born with.  Get someone not brain damaged to explain this concept to you.

But it did, as intended, relieve some of the responsibility (there's that word again) for alcoholics, since it removed the factor of their "choice".

NO ONE is "responsible" for BEING an alcoholic,drug addict,homosexual,heterosexual,etc,etc,etc. They ARE responsible,however,for their ACTIONS.

ACTIONS are illegal or immoral,or even both,depending on your own particular POV.

Just like YOUR COMPULSION to hang tags on people and accuse them of thought crimes.

You've heard the term "enabler"?  Well, when the ""experts"" deemed alcoholism a disease, they effectively enabled alcoholics to remain alcoholics by making them victims of a disease that was presumably 'out of their control'.

You are flat-out nuts. More than half the family I grew up in were alcoholics,and not a single damn one of them ever asked for or wanted "approval" from anyone.

I have never known a "professional drunk" that did. They are all too busy trying to please their inner demons to worry about what anyone thinks.

If ANYTHING,on a subconscious level they were allowing their "inner bleep" to come out in the hope that somebody would stop them by having them arrested and forced into rehab.

They,like all addicts everywhere,know they need help to stop,but what is driving them does not want them to stop. It is a life-long battle they have to fight,and there IS no such thing as a cure.

Truth to tell,in the past doctors and courts have turned drunks into drug addicts by giving them narcotics to reduce their craving for alcohol. Thankfully,this sort of thing no longer happens.

I'd call that victimization.   

Un,huh! YOUSA VIC-TUM,ain't ya?

BTW,in case you are wondering,I am neither an alcoholic or a drug addict,despite drinking tanker cars of whiskey and taking huge amounts of drugs. I did it all for FUN,not to satisfy any compulsion,and one day I just decided it had quit being fun,and flat out quit that same day. Never had any mild desire to get drunk or high a single day since,and I quit sometime in the early 80's.

And it didn't have  a damn thing to do with strength of character or "finding Jesus". I was just lucky enough to be born without those compulsions.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 03:49:50 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #251 on: July 16, 2020, 05:22:25 pm »
Mary Trump slams Ivanka in new interview: 'She doesn't do anything'
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mary-trump-slams-ivanka-in-new-interview-she-doesnt-do-anything/ar-BB16P9BS?ocid=ientp

Mary's hate has just flung her over the shark. ---  Should've sidestepped this question, Mare....   88devil

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #252 on: July 16, 2020, 05:37:47 pm »
Mary's hate has just flung her over the shark. ---  Should've sidestepped this question, Mare....   88devil

She jumped, fell short, but the shark refused to eat her. ****drummer
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #253 on: July 16, 2020, 06:41:04 pm »
What in the eff, is the intended point of arguing that the "disease theory" of addiction is not valid?

The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous, published in 1939, points to it. Other 12 Step Programs have mirrored it, since.

The resulting successful program has helped millions, ail over the world ever since.

Costly Treatment programs refer their patients to AA.

Other alternatives have mostly fallen by the wayside (Rational Recovery; Moderation Management).

Many churches have "Recovery ministries, using the AA model.

From my first days, I was fascinated by AA, studied, made friends, etc.

If the "disease" word is the hang-up, try disorder, condition, malady, etc.

I remember when my father was told his youngest daughter had depression. He initiially denied it. Somebody made him resent the implication it might be his fault.

Later he realized she needed her meds, to correct stuff in her brain.

Today science and religion readily accept brain chemistry and electricity issues.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Hoodat

« Reply #254 on: July 16, 2020, 06:51:52 pm »
What in the eff, is the intended point of arguing that the "disease theory" of addiction is not valid?

The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous, published in 1939, points to it. Other 12 Step Programs have mirrored it, since.

The resulting successful program has helped millions, ail over the world ever since.

The one thing that stands out about the Big Book is that it was written after the first 100 had recovered.  Emphasis on 'recovered'.  Not 'in recovery'.  Not 'recovering'.  But 'recovered'.  Being reborn spiritually as a result of the steps.  The closest thing I know to being 'born again', becoming a new creation, having a renewed mindset.

I personally knew some of the people who wrote the NA basic text.  Can't say that any of them had recovered when they wrote it, nor many years later.  Bottom line, I got 'clean' in NA, but I got 'sober' in AA.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #255 on: July 17, 2020, 12:21:38 am »

Today science and religion readily accept brain chemistry and electricity issues.

To a bloody fault.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #256 on: July 17, 2020, 12:34:38 am »
This should possibly have its own separate divide

I’ll let more sagacious mods decide.

Mary Trump’s Book on President Sold Record 950,000+ Copies On First Day of Release

Mary L. Trump’s tell-all book on her uncle President Donald Trump sold more than 950,000 copies in its first day of release.

Simon & Schuster announced Thursday that Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man sold more than 950,000 “through Tuesday, July 14” — the book’s first day.

“The combined sales figure includes pre-orders and first day sales of print books, ebooks, and e-audiobooks in the U.S., and is a company record,” Simon & Schuster declared, adding that its “ordered a 14th printing of the book that, when completed, will bring the number of hardcover copies in print to more than 1,150,000.”

In a statement, Simon & Schuster CEO Jonathan Karp said, “There is only one word that can be used to describe the sales of Mary Trump’s memoir and that word is HUGE.”

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/mary-trumps-book-on-president-sold-record-950000-copies-on-first-day-of-release/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #257 on: July 17, 2020, 12:44:56 am »
This should possibly have its own separate divide

I’ll let more sagacious mods decide.

Mary Trump’s Book on President Sold Record 950,000+ Copies On First Day of Release

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/mary-trumps-book-on-president-sold-record-950000-copies-on-first-day-of-release/

Dayum!
Uncle Donald should have opened his wallet, so niece Mary wouldn't have had to get paid by putting her foot to his ass.  :yowsa:

"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline aligncare

« Reply #258 on: July 17, 2020, 01:02:02 am »
Remember that every president had their own crazy tell-all relative who wrote a book or embarrassed the president with their behavior. With just the least effort I can think of Patty Reagan and Ron jr., Billy Carter, Roger Clinton. So Trump’s got Mary Trump who, in dim light, could pass as Marty Trump.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #259 on: July 17, 2020, 05:56:29 am »
Remember that every president had their own crazy tell-all relative who wrote a book or embarrassed the president with their behavior. With just the least effort I can think of Patty Reagan and Ron jr., Billy Carter, Roger Clinton. So Trump’s got Mary Trump who, in dim light, could pass as Marty Trump.

Don't sell our current president short. No one delivers like 45.

None of those other rank amateurs had books by an ex-NSA sell 780,000 copies during it first week, a book by a niece sell 950,000 copies (whew!) its first day, and waiting in the wings, a sure to be blockbuster book by his personal lawyer to be published in time for the Christmas buying season!

I wonder if Trump will send a tweet bragging about his tremendous book sales.  :pondering:
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #260 on: July 17, 2020, 07:02:17 am »
I just realized that sales record does not take into consideration books like ebooks. (kindle) and audio books like Audible and other platforms.

Amazon is saying on their website now if you order the book today, it could be a month before you get a copy. They’ve sold out.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 07:03:47 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

« Reply #261 on: July 17, 2020, 10:04:28 am »

None of those other rank amateurs had books by an ex-NSA sell 780,000 copies during it first week, a book by a niece sell 950,000 copies (whew!) its first day, and waiting in the wings, a sure to be blockbuster book by his personal lawyer to be published in time for the Christmas buying season!

I wonder if Trump will send a tweet bragging about his tremendous book sales.  :pondering:

I think we should start putting red checks by the avatars of the Biden/Marxist supporters around here @aligncare   

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #262 on: July 17, 2020, 12:25:37 pm »
I think we should start putting red checks by the avatars of the Biden/Marxist supporters around here @aligncare

Didn't know youl like to wear Brown Shirts.  Plus it hasn't gone unnoticed that you tend to put that label on anyone not in lock step with the  Orange Leader.  Does that include me? Can we assign orange checks to people like you here, who have ZERO ability to disagree with anything POTUS says or does?

Just wondering.......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #263 on: July 17, 2020, 01:35:09 pm »

Somehow, I am not surprised.......

« Reply #264 on: July 17, 2020, 01:37:56 pm »
Somehow, I am not surprised.......

wink777

Offline aligncare

« Reply #265 on: July 17, 2020, 01:38:53 pm »

Red check not enough  :jail:

Mueller, Comey, Brennan, Clapper, Rosenstein, Steele, Mifsud, McCabe thank you for supporting their illegal resistance  @FeelNoPain

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #266 on: July 17, 2020, 01:41:41 pm »

This is true.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #267 on: July 17, 2020, 01:43:20 pm »
Red check not enough  :jail:

@FeelNoPain

Bullshit....  Name one Biden supporter here at TBR..  Put up or shut up.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #268 on: July 17, 2020, 01:46:31 pm »
Bullshit....  Name one Biden supporter here at TBR..  Put up or shut up.

I didn’t mention Biden, you did, and I believe also RIV did.

Offline corbe

« Reply #269 on: July 17, 2020, 01:50:39 pm »
   I've moved on from Biteme I'm firmly in the Jared Kushner camp now.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #270 on: July 17, 2020, 01:56:06 pm »

It's amazing how many jollies you can get watching somebody slip on a banana peel, when you really hate the person.  Your amusement at the tell-alls doesn't surprise me, but you have to try harder if you want to be the Number One Trump Hater of TBR.

Most thinkers tend to be less predictable.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 02:38:43 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #271 on: July 17, 2020, 01:57:19 pm »
Didn't know youl like to wear Brown Shirts.  Plus it hasn't gone unnoticed that you tend to put that label on anyone not in lock step with the  Orange Leader.  Does that include me? Can we assign orange checks to people like you here, who have ZERO ability to disagree with anything POTUS says or does?

Still just throwing out insults hoping one sticks ---    :laugh:

Just wondering.......

You're not "wondering" @catfish1957 --- you're spewing your usual shit at me.   The act of wondering involves higher level thinking and ... well ... let's just say your cupboard is bare. 

6666kiss

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #272 on: July 17, 2020, 02:14:09 pm »
I don't know.
The thing that is frustrating to me, it seems as if no dissent is tolerated at times, by some.
I have been disappointed in every President, and all politicians,  at one time or another.

The farther left they've went, the higher the disappointment.

Some say if we criticize here on this forum, we are helping the left, adding fuel to the fire, or worse, in cahoots with the left.
I disagree.
It is not as if we are shouting it from the rooftops, changing the hearts and minds of the swing voters.
If we can't speak our minds here on this forum, where can we?
I leave it here, and generally do not talk about politics outside of this forum.

I wasn't in the Trump camp, due to a lot of stuff he said, but I will say I am in it now.
His actions (not words) have shown me that he is a 10th amendment guy, letting the states handle their own affairs, for better or worse, but I believe that is what a POTUS should do.
I like the deregulation going on, also.
Judicial picks are good. The problem is that conservatives in general do not mark in lock-step on the courts like liberals do.
It appears that the best we can do on the courts is find the most conservative for the positions, but it will always have mixed results.
Conservatives are not robots, like the liberals.

My main criticism is that the debt keeps soaring.
I know he doesn't allocate the money, but I'd like to see a veto used now and again.
Rand Paul seems to be the only one in DC talking about this lately.

I give him high marks, but not 100%, but I've never given a politician 100% yet.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #273 on: July 17, 2020, 02:18:15 pm »
I just realized that sales record does not take into consideration books like ebooks. (kindle) and audio books like Audible and other platforms.

Amazon is saying on their website now if you order the book today, it could be a month before you get a copy. They’ve sold out.

I expected this book would be a best seller.  People love dirt on the rich and famous.  How much influence it will have on the election -- who knows?  Maybe it will persuade independents and undecideds one way or the other, but I'm guessing for those who have already made up their minds -- it won't change a thing.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #274 on: July 17, 2020, 02:27:14 pm »
Still just throwing out insults hoping one sticks ---    :laugh:

You're not "wondering" @catfish1957 --- you're spewing your usual shit at me.   The act of wondering involves higher level thinking and ... well ... let's just say your cupboard is bare. 

6666kiss

Bare Cupboard?  LMAO...  More like an episode of "The Truth Hurts" in your case, and on your behalf.  You're lack of any critical thought on DJT's shortcomings has ravaged your credibility here anyway.  And you call accuse me of "lack of higher thinking". That's a laugh coming from someone who rides shot gun on the Short Bus. 

Come back to me when your friend here  gives  you your  new set of  talking points.