Author Topic: Kasich: Trump Has Damaged GOP Brand — ‘It’s a Party Meltdown Right Now’  (Read 3054 times)

Online roamer_1

And let us guess..., you're the 'Shepherd'?     *****rollingeyes*****

As always, another useless drive-by poo-throwing. I guess you have to do what you're good at.

No,'People are sheep,' so the tendency would be for the PTB is to use polling to manipulate them, early on, while they can, without jeopardizing their claims of accuracy... Right NOW, they don't need to be accurate. in the last few weeks they do.

I guess next time I will write all that right from the get-go. I just figured that most folks could get there on their own. But thank you for proving my point.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 08:19:09 pm by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

An aside - I once heard the vote margin of support Hillary Clinton received over Trump can be easily accounted for by the difference in registered vs actual voters in California and New York alone.

There are liars, damn liars, and statistics... Which makes about anything possible...

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
As always, another useless drive-by poo-throwing. I guess you have to do what you're good at.

No,'People are sheep,' so the tendency would be for the PTB is to use polling to manipulate them, early on, while they can, without jeopardizing their claims of accuracy... Right NOW, they don't need to be accurate. in the last few weeks they do.

I guess next time I will write all that right from the get-go. I just figured that most folks could get there on their own. But thank you for proving my point.

Wasn't a "driveby".   ALL polls are full of sh*t.  Doesn't matter when they're taken.

Tell us what the polls were at 6PM EST on Election Day, November the 8th, 2016.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

Wasn't a "driveby".   ALL polls are full of sh*t.  Doesn't matter when they're taken.

That was the point of the conversation - In which I was agreeing with @Cyber Liberty . As I recall, the polls close to the election were reasonably accurate - Their projections resembling the popular vote.

Offline Mod2

And let us guess..., you're the 'Shepherd'?     *****rollingeyes*****

Stop the personal stuff @DCPatriot!

@mystery-ak @Cyber Liberty

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
..Trump has failed to even try to flesh out a second term agenda   

Apparently you missed the speeches at Mt. Rushmore and at DC.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Apparently you missed the speeches at Mt. Rushmore and at DC.

What did he say at Mt. Rushmore about a legislative agenda?
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What did he say at Mt. Rushmore about a legislative agenda?

Was that the place or time?  You and your friends would be the first to jump his ass if he did that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Polls are merely tools.  And as for their predictive utility, garbage in, garbage out.   And not all polls are commissioned for predictability,  but for furthering an agenda.

Bottom line is that, like investments, us folks need to steer towards diversification.  Look at trends not individual polls, look at what polls say on average.

I think the polls portend very bad news for the President.   Better to get that shot of reality sooner rather than later.

But it all may not matter.  We seem to be at the mercy now of larger forces.   This election may lance the boil.  We may need to play the long game.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 09:41:24 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline LegalAmerican

:thumbsup:

Online DCPatriot

Was that the place or time?  You and your friends would be the first to jump his ass if he did that.

Stop the personal stuff @Cyber Liberty     :laugh:

@mystery-ak @Cyber Liberty @Mod2   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Stop the personal stuff @Cyber Liberty     :laugh:

@mystery-ak @Cyber Liberty @Mod2     

Ah couldn't hep it.  I was bouurne with a silver foot in mah mouf!   :laugh: :police:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

Ah couldn't hep it.  I was bouurne with a silver foot in mah mouf!   :laugh: :police:

LOL!

:beer:   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

I was responding to the snarky charge that my complaint about the lack of a Trump 2T agenda to help Senate candidates suggests that I hadn't heard Mt.  Rushmore.

You may feel free to answer my question too.  Trump needs to work with and support GOP Congressional candidates.   If he is going to go off half- cocked most of the time,  and bloviate without restraint,  he is hurting the party,  and it is up to the party to tell him it's time to pass the baton.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 09:56:37 pm by Jazzhead »

Online libertybele

I was responding to the snarky charge that my complaint about the lack of a Trump 2T agenda to help Senate candidates suggests that I hadn't heard Mt.  Rushmore.

You may feel free to answer my question too.  Trump needs to work with and support GOP Congressional candidates.   If he is going to go off half- cocked most of the time,  and bloviate without restraint,  he is hurting the party,  and it is up to the party to tell him it's time to pass the baton.

Oh good grief @Jazzhead give it a rest.  He's not stepping down (unless for unforseen health reasons), no does the party have anyone viable to replace him, nor is there anyone challenging him.  Pence would get eaten alive and they would soon have him marching in line with their requests. He hasn't hurt the party, the party was crap before he took office -- too many RINO's.

As for the Mount Rushmore speech, you might want to listen again -- I think he made himself crystal clear:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXD4zPY4Ai0
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 10:01:50 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Was there a question?  Was it "How can I best slash the throat of conservatism?"  I have no answers to your question.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oh good grief @Jazzhead give it a rest.  He's not stepping down (unless for unforseen health reasons), no does the party have anyone viable to replace him, nor is there anyone challenging him.  Pence would get eaten alive and they would soon have him marching in line with their requests. He hasn't hurt the party, the party was crap before he took office -- too many RINO's.

I think somebody has a high-schooler's grasp of civics, but extraordinarily little in further schooling of politics.  I wonder how much he liked Arlen Specter?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I think somebody has a high-schooler's grasp of civics, but extraordinarily little in further schooling of politics.  I wonder how much he liked Arlen Specter?

Here in Pennsy we have a great Senator in Pat Toomey.   And Trump's candidacy likely helped him gain re-election. 

Trump must be mindful that job one,  from the party's perspective,  is to keep the Senate.  If he disagrees, then he should step down as the party's candidate.   

But why should he disagree?   A victory in the Senate has a high correlation with victory in the White House. 

Simply put,  conservatives will be in worse shape if we lose the Senate than if we lose the Presidency.

Online roamer_1

Technically that was not personal... 'You and yours' is 'all y'all' and refers to a group, not a person, so...

Offline LegalAmerican

Totally disagree with everything you wrote.   You want him to kiss azz....to all the RINO'S.....
Then such disrespect to my president.  Why?  You want to critique him?  lol.  WWW.MAGAPILL.COM

Offline LegalAmerican

Here in Pennsy we have a great Senator in Pat Toomey.   And Trump's candidacy likely helped him gain re-election. 

Trump must be mindful that job one,  from the party's perspective,  is to keep the Senate.  If he disagrees, then he should step down as the party's candidate.   

But why should he disagree?   A victory in the Senate has a high correlation with victory in the White House. 

Simply put,  conservatives will be in worse shape if we lose the Senate than if we lose the Presidency.

Pat Tomey?  That is another RINO as bad as Romney.  THE DIRTY DOZEN all need to be removed from office. They are not for America's.  And it was unethical  what they did! 

The 12 Senate Republicans who voted AGAINST PRESIDENT TRUMP for NATIONAL EMERGENCY ON BORDER;
. (We had caravans coming in!).
 Roger Wicker of Mississippi,

Marco Rubio of Florida,
 Rob Portman of Ohio,
 Susan Collins of Maine,
 Lisa Murkowski of Alaska,
               Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania,
 Roy Blunt of Missouri,
 Lamar Alexander of Tennessee,
 Mitt Romney of Utah,
 Rand Paul of Kentucky,
Jerry Moran of Kansas
and Mike Lee of Utah.

Online corbe

Lesley Gore - It's my party

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

Pat Tomey?  That is another RINO as bad as Romney.  THE DIRTY DOZEN all need to be removed from office. They are not for America's.  And it was unethical  what they did! 

The 12 Senate Republicans who voted AGAINST PRESIDENT TRUMP for NATIONAL EMERGENCY ON BORDER;
. (We had caravans coming in!).

Roger Wicker of Mississippi,

Marco Rubio of Florida,
 Rob Portman of Ohio,
 Susan Collins of Maine,
 Lisa Murkowski of Alaska,
               Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania,
 Roy Blunt of Missouri,
 Lamar Alexander of Tennessee,
 Mitt Romney of Utah,
 Rand Paul of Kentucky,
Jerry Moran of Kansas
and Mike Lee of Utah.

One Republican senators statement. 

"I don't disagree as to the wisdom of such a law...but lets fully acknowledge that it IS the law that the President is adhering to.
 It is deeply unethical and anti-conservative for any GOP Senator to oppose the President when he is defending our southern border BY following the law as written."

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

One Republican senators statement. 

"I don't disagree as to the wisdom of such a law...but lets fully acknowledge that it IS the law that the President is adhering to.
 It is deeply unethical and anti-conservative for any GOP Senator to oppose the President when he is defending our southern border BY following the law as written."

Trump is replacing portions of fence:

SAN DIEGO, California — The Trump administration has not installed a single mile of new wall in a previously fenceless part of the U.S.-Mexico border in the 30 months since President Trump assumed office, despite his campaign promise to construct a “big beautiful wall.”

In a statement last week, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the federal agency overseeing border barrier construction, confirmed that all the fencing completed since Trump took office is "in place of dilapidated designs" because the existing fence was in need of replacement.

The agency said that it had built 51 miles of steel bollard fence with funding that was set aside during fiscal 2017 and 2018. But while the funding was meant both to replace outdated walls and to place barriers where there previously had been none, the government has only completed the replacement projects. The projects to secure areas with no fence are still in the works.

The 50 miles of completed replacement barrier is a 10-mile gain since early April. In Trump’s two and a half years in office, his administration has installed an average 1.7 miles of barrier per month, and none of it in areas that did not previously have some sort of barrier. A total 205 miles of new and replacement barrier has been funded in the two and a half years since Trump took office.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-has-not-built-a-single-mile-of-new-border-fence-after-30-months-in-office

Not some grandioso Border wall.  Its bollard fencing.  Taller than the other bollard fencing.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Not some grandioso Border wall.  Its bollard fencing.  Taller than the other bollard fencing.

I'm sorry the border barrier does not meet your exacting technical specifications.  From where did you obtain your BS Degree in Civil Engineering? 
I will NOT comply.