Author Topic: Biden likely to start by tearing up Trump executive actions on immigration, abortion, and regulation  (Read 331 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Opinion: Washington Secrets
Biden likely to start by tearing up Trump executive actions on immigration, abortion, and regulations
by Paul Bedard, Washington Secrets Columnist |
 | July 06, 2020 11:05 AM

President Trump wasn’t in the Oval Office for a day before he started issuing executive orders, the first targeting his predecessor’s greatest achievement: Obamacare.

Now, as he revs up his campaign, Democrat Joe Biden is eyeing the hundreds of executive actions Trump has taken, starting with healthcare, abortion, and regulations.

And it has Republicans concerned that many of the achievements Trump has made will be brushed aside in a minute.

“Talking about undoing rules and regulations is a way to signal to the left-wing extreme base that they will see action on their issues,” said Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform. So for Trump, he added, “It is a good idea to talk about his threatened executive orders.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/biden-likely-to-start-by-tearing-up-trump-executive-actions-on-immigration-abortion-regs
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, duh.  And you can bet Judges won't be lined up to declare Biteme's EOs 'unconstitutional.'
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Biden tearing up.  Yeah, I could see it.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I thought the SCOTUS just ruled that Presidents can't do this?
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

I thought the SCOTUS just ruled that Presidents can't do this?

No, Roberts just meant Trump can't do it.

Offline Victoria33

Well, duh.  And you can bet Judges won't be lined up to declare Biteme's EOs 'unconstitutional.'
@Cyber Liberty

"Rules" made by Trump can be dumped by Biden writing other rules; as simply as that the old rules are gone.
"Executive Orders" take more time but if they are already written before Biden takes office, he hauls them out and signs them and the other Executive Orders are also gone.

It is for this reason that a President should use Congress to make changes as those would be written by them and passed, and can't be dumped unless Congress does it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

"Rules" made by Trump can be dumped by Biden writing other rules; as simply as that the old rules are gone.
"Executive Orders" take more time but if they are already written before Biden takes office, he hauls them out and signs them and the other Executive Orders are also gone.

It is for this reason that a President should use Congress to make changes as those would be written by them and passed, and can't be dumped unless Congress does it.

Of course, that is how it's supposed to work.   22chief
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: