Author Topic: Horowitz: Republicans won’t even fight for self-defense  (Read 6208 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Horowitz: Republicans won’t even fight for self-defense
« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2020, 04:21:34 am »
For the sale of the likes of Tumpy, Romney, or McCain't? For the lion's share of the RINOs that make up the Republicans?

Decades of voting for anyone with a pulse, simply because he is 'better than a democrat' has left the 'army you have' every bit as inclined toward globalism - and a carbon copy of the democrats y'all abhor.

The army you have, indeed. Like more of the same will get you anywhere.

Sure. More rinos. Less purity. Because murica.   *****rollingeyes*****

Bullcrap. Not gonna fix a damn thing. I'm out.

Like I said earlier... no Gatling guns or Winchester repeaters, so you'll just curl up in the corner and suck your thumbs.   :seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2020, 04:38:49 am »
Like I said earlier... no Gatling guns or Winchester repeaters, so you'll just curl up in the corner and suck your thumbs.   :seeya:

Worse than that. No NOTHING. Fart in their general direction. That'll teach em.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 04:40:08 am by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2020, 04:57:54 am »
Everyone on the left is FAR LEFT. and in lockstep.
That is why they are successful

The right and its big tent have largely let in leftward to moderates... And couldn't pass a bill if they were paid to. Unless of course it's a spending bill...
Your big tent and redefinitions have left you literally toothless.

And then y'all blame it on the RINOs that Y'ALL elected, and bitch at me for being too pure.
It's a laugh riot. The 'army you have' couldn't fight it's way out of a wet paper bag, even if it could decide it wants to.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 04:58:53 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2020, 05:54:34 am »
For the sale of the likes of Tumpy, Romney, or McCain't? For the lion's share of the RINOs that make up the Republicans?

Decades of voting for anyone with a pulse, simply because he is 'better than a democrat' has left the 'army you have' every bit as inclined toward globalism - and a carbon copy of the democrats y'all abhor.

The army you have, indeed. Like more of the same will get you anywhere.

Sure. More rinos. Less purity. Because murica.   *****rollingeyes*****

Bullcrap. Not gonna fix a damn thing. I'm out.
The left has their useful idiots. Unless and until we step in and remind our side who is the power, they will continue to treat us as the same. Abandoning ship is no way to stay in the fight.

Besides, the point was not to kick us out of the tent for our purity of vision. They need us, without them we are just disenfranchised patriots, waiting for our time. Not much new about that in the past 30 years.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 05:58:29 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #129 on: July 05, 2020, 06:01:28 am »
The left has their useful idiots. Unless and until we step in and remind our side who is the power, they will continue to treat us as the same. Abandoning ship is no way to stay in the fight.

Besides, the point was not to kick us out of the tent for our purity of vision. They need us, without them we are just disenfranchised patriots, waiting for our time.

Nope. I spent thirty years under that line of thinking and got less than nothing. In fact, the Republicans moved far left and now consider centrists to be the right, and leftists to be center.

I am not going there anymore. Put up or shut up. I refuse to conspire with the very people who are selling us down the river on the promise of a promise that never comes.

Lucy and the football all over again.

Have at it. Not me.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2020, 06:05:34 am »
You see what it says under my avatar. And has for quite a while.

Every day of this bullshot gets us...

One day closer.

The day you have to decide to live free or die.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2020, 06:07:35 am »
The day you have to decide to live free or die.

That decision is already made. And that is why I no longer support feckless politicians.

Online DB

« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2020, 06:23:48 am »

Besides, the point was not to kick us out of the tent for our purity of vision. They need us, without them we are just disenfranchised patriots, waiting for our time. Not much new about that in the past 30 years.

It isn't about purity. Its a about a losing strategy. We will not make progress until people are willing to leave the plantation where the politicians are forced to earn our vote instead of just giving us the false choice of the lesser evil. Every election the sheep run in fear that it will be the end of the world if we "lose" so we have to accept a crap sandwich instead of actual progress based on fundamental principles of smaller government and fiscal restraint. And meanwhile the slide into oblivion continues.

This nightmare repeats every election.

Enough is enough. Just because some of us have reached this conclusion sooner than others doesn't make us cowards, dumb or all the other crap thrown at us. In fact it takes some courage to not run with the sheep.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2020, 06:34:57 am »
Nope. I spent thirty years under that line of thinking and got less than nothing. In fact, the Republicans moved far left and now consider centrists to be the right, and leftists to be center.

I am not going there anymore. Put up or shut up. I refuse to conspire with the very people who are selling us down the river on the promise of a promise that never comes.

Lucy and the football all over again.

Have at it. Not me.
Oh, I'm not sending money--and I am sure I am not alone. Only to a particular candidate once in a great while. I'm not on the inside, like many pushed to the edge. I'm okay with that, but I will be heard.
My present Party affiliation? None, unless it is Constitution Party and I'm  not completely sure about that.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #134 on: July 05, 2020, 06:37:39 am »
Oh, I'm not sending money--and I am sure I am not alone. Only to a particular candidate once in a great while. I'm not on the inside, like many pushed to the edge. I'm okay with that, but I will be heard.
My present Party affiliation? None, unless it is Constitution Party and I'm  not completely sure about that.

That's fine... And about where I am.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2020, 06:42:43 am »

Me neither.  The Republican party isn't Republican anymore.  Even the President supports candidates that are Planned Parenthood and Sierra Club endorsed.  They bow to everything the Chuck and Nancy show ask of them.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #136 on: July 05, 2020, 06:44:39 am »
It isn't about purity. Its a about a losing strategy. We will not make progress until people are willing to leave the plantation where the politicians are forced to earn our vote instead of just giving us the false choice of the lesser evil. Every election the sheep run in fear that it will be the end of the world if we "lose" so we have to accept a crap sandwich instead of actual progress based on fundamental principles of smaller government and fiscal restraint. And meanwhile the slide into oblivion continues.

Enough is enough. Just because some of us have reached this conclusion sooner than others doesn't make us cowards, dumb or all the other crap thrown at us. In fact it takes some courage to not run with the sheep.

Right. But the two intersect as far as Conservatism is concerned... The reason for the Conservative Coalition was to protect each other's principles like we do our own... And in that, form a voting bloc.
In frittering conservatism away, in throwing principles and factions under the bus, the current strategy is counterproductive.

When I will not throw fiscal Conservatives under the bus, that is for unity. That is for strategy, every bit as much as for the principles being ignored. Do you think fiscal conservatives will vote *for* massive spending, and unbalanced budgets because 'we're better than the democrats'?

Not a chance in hell. What does Tumpy offer them that they want?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #137 on: July 05, 2020, 06:47:29 am »

Me neither.  The Republican party isn't Republican anymore.  Even the President supports candidates that are Planned Parenthood and Sierra Club endorsed.  They bow to everything the Chuck and Nancy show ask of them.

There ain't a single bit of sense in it.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2020, 07:00:24 am »
I guess the way to explain it is this. I want our fellow purt'near and hyphenated conservative folks to see the true depth of that stance and how it relates to us, the American People. If we just follow that every citizen has those unalienable Rights, from the BOR and beyond (including, by mention, those not mentioned), and the limits on the FEDGOV placed there to stop the sort of consolidation of power that can sell us all down the river with the votes of 269 people and a signature or the rulings of 5 (lately).
No way in Hell the Founders would have wanted that much power consolidated in any one place.
Nor, for that matter, do I.

Consider the Dems march in lockstep behind the totalitarian Communist model, and a pile of 'pubbies are for consolidating power because they see that as the ticket to personal relevance and riches, (Actually the same reason those Dems do), we're sorely lacking in representation in DC. Most of the states here that have their stuff together have only one vote in the House, and often that is selected by one or two largest towns representing a tiny fraction of the actual land area.

I haven't lost sight of the goal, nor my principles, but I'm afraid if we wait until we have a government composed of folks pure in ideals and behaviour enough to carry the torch, we're going to miss the Last Trumpet.
Unfortunately, and considering we're sinners, all, that means some of the people we are going to have to work with are just going to have to keep their nose clean for the duration of their service.

Right now, in DC, I am convinced that so many people have career/marriage/fortune/(all three) ending DIRT on each other, that is the reason that none step forth to take the mess down. Some of that may be decades old, some may be fresh and ongoing, but it is the little corroborative witnesses who end up victims of botched robberies, car accidents, suicide, die in mysterious fires, or are found, eventually, in obscure places in obscure parks with new orifices, or too decayed/damaged to assess. And it's on both sides of the aisle, rampant throughout every agency at every level, on videotape, set up and ready to be 'disclosed' as soon as the blanks are filled in on the accounts, etc.

...and it is going global.

We have to find a way to shut that down. For that, we're gonna need a bigger army.

As an aside the only reason aside from a denser population of folks inclined toward such unnatural acts I can see that those unnatural behaviours keep getting 'mainstreamed' is that those holding that dirt will lose some of the tonnage they have on others because it won't be a big deal any more in the eyes of the lemmings. I try to pick up on the trends by seeing what is the latest on the shows I won't watch, and kiddie rapers seem to be picking up steam, along with the now usual perversions. Commercials advertising HIV drugs have more faggotry in a 30 second spot than I'd ordinarily watch in a month, and that by accident, and the only reason to spam the viewing public with all that is desensitization. I am sure the folks who acquire HIV have their own network to distribute that information, if not a few of them keeping track of the latest treatments, so what's the market on prime time?

What they are marketing isn't the drug it's the behaviour.

So, like with Billy Clinton getting a 'little strange' from an intern, if the moral expectations of the people are low enough, much of the dirt is DC blends right in with the rug. And even then the press lied about it being "just about sex" while winking, when the issue was Obstruction of Justice and Perjury (the same charges they went after Nixon over. Drugs are presented as just fine, or downright legalized, and the whole show is swirling around the big pipe.

Oh, well, compared to what comes after, this'll only hurt for a little while, but for now, it is frustrating.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 07:16:40 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #139 on: July 05, 2020, 07:21:14 am »
That decision is already made. And that is why I no longer support feckless politicians.

Right. The decision has been made. I meant that as a general advisory to people reading this that have NO clue to the life we lead.

Our local LEO friend was telling my wife he has some fears of just being on patrol and being killed in a random act of violence. I mean assassinated.

She told him if he needed to a place to run to, with his wife and kids, to come here. He kinda loled. Like Bighead would defend me? Of course he would. He says but i've tased him.  She said yeah but he doesn't care about that. He doesn't hold a grudge. He doesn't even consider it that way. He considers that a game.

More to the point. She asked him , if you get a call to come to come to my house, how many officers respond?

All of us.

She said exactly. If the police are afraid of him, then how do you think the bendejos down the street feel?

So the last place anyone would think to look for him is here.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #140 on: July 05, 2020, 07:27:11 am »

Yep, and as simple minded as I am, I do feel some small comfort I got this through my thick head a few elections ago. I am just waiting for others to realize what a genius I have been, lol.

If the election was held tomorrow and it pitted Jesus himself vs Paul.... I would hope I would vote Jesus, but knowing humans are flawed, is it wrong to say a vote for Paul is a bad vote? Paul saw things pretty clearly and would be good vote in any other circumstance. 

Of course elections don't give us such valiant choices, but I just hope for a dang conservative with some honest moral fiber I could latch upon. It is foolish to think humans are perfect of course, I just don't want to vote for a rotten egg RINO again. Dang, give me something to vote for, some character to latch upon above what we have thrust upon us. McCain, Romney and now Trump... Just how much pride in the GOP have people got that keeps them voting for these folks?

I just want to one day support a real conservative that doesn't embarrass us so bad that we lose a nation (and our soul) in the process. Winning with such a candidate (I could support) I think honestly would bring me to tears. I tire of people celebrating losing with winning when the winner embarrasses the nation (and more importantly the kingdom our freedoms hinged upon).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #141 on: July 05, 2020, 07:32:42 am »
The sad thing to me is realizing our nation is so corrupt in it's reasoning that a candidate that would make me proud is considered too principled to draw the electorate to vote for them. I have seen it in my home state and my state is considered right up there with most any state in conservative voters. I don't know that this nation (sad to say this around the 4th) has enough morals to vote in a decent candidate anymore, and it breaks my heart to be honest.

I am just a small voice, but as much as we value our small voices, I understand that probable 4 or 5 people here probable have me on ignore because they can't stand the thought I think as I do.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 07:37:03 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #142 on: July 05, 2020, 07:38:55 am »

^ This!  Thank You.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2020, 07:39:57 am »

Yeah. There is a better chance of an independent winning than a third party candidate.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2020, 07:42:09 am »
The sad thing to me is realizing our nation is so corrupt in it's reasoning that a candidate that would make me proud is considered too principled to draw the electorate to vote for them. I have seen it in my home state and my state is considered right up there with most any state in conservative voters. I don't know that this nation (sad to say this around the 4th) has enough morals to vote in a decent candidate anymore, and it breaks my heart to be honest.

I am just a small voice, but as much as we value our small voices, I understand that probable 4 or 5 people here probable have me on ignore because they can't stand the thought I think as I do.

It is sad and I agree.  Don't worry about ignore.  I bet they are bluffing anyway.  And if they don't want to read your posts too bad, but I doubt there are any here who wouldn't.

I imagine the next few posts will be to tell me they have put me on ignore only.  Like I care.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2020, 08:13:20 am »
It is sad and I agree.  Don't worry about ignore.  I bet they are bluffing anyway.  And if they don't want to read your posts too bad, but I doubt there are any here who wouldn't.

I imagine the next few posts will be to tell me they have put me on ignore only.  Like I care.

I have. Because that is my only option, like I care.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2020, 08:27:53 am »
Yeah. There is a better chance of an independent winning than a third party candidate.
Fred,  I vote for candidates I feel I can support. If there aren't any, well,  :shrug:

It is my vote, my stamp of approval. That is not lightly given.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2020, 11:09:08 am »
The Republican party isn't Republican anymore.

Yes, yes it is.  The Republican Party has always been a center-right political party.  This idea that the Republican Party is a conservative party is myth born of relatively conservative years under Ronald Reagan; but even he went soft on immigration, the national debt and served eight years as the head of government with only a passing glance to the pro-life issue, usually at election time.

For the many who insist on referring to partially conservative Republicans as "RINOs" -- please, I beg you to stop.  Nothing so idiotic should be the source of so much discord.

@roamer_1

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 11:41:27 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2020, 11:49:51 am »
Not gonna fix a damn thing. I'm out.

Remember to put your sippy cup in the sink before exiting.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #149 on: July 05, 2020, 12:04:33 pm »
In the here and now there are only two viable parties competing for the power to control the legislative and executive agendas that will shape and define America’s present and future. Only two. Pick one. This isn’t rocket surgery.

:pop41:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 12:25:59 pm by aligncare »