Author Topic: 16 states head into holiday weekend with record high coronavirus numbers  (Read 419 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
16 states head into holiday weekend with record high coronavirus numbers
By Tal Axelrod - 07/03/20 08:15 PM EDT

At least 16 states are heading into the holiday weekend with record high coronavirus statistics and fears that mass gatherings in the coming days could spark further outbreaks.

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, West Virginia and Wisconsin are all seeing record highs in the average of new cases over seven days, according to figures compiled by The Washington Post.

The U.S. as a whole also saw its largest number of new cases in one day Friday, coming in at 56,566 confirmed cases.

The U.S. is currently experiencing a sharp spike in coronavirus cases, with the bulk of the surge taking place in Arizona, California, Florida and Texas.

Several states have reclosed businesses and scaled back July 4 celebrations, but President Trump has taken a different tact, attending an event Friday evening at Mount Rushmore in South Dakota that will not enforce social distancing, and saying the virus will “disappear.”

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/505826-16-states-head-into-holiday-weekend-with-record-high
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LegalAmerican

Anyone on here post how sick they are, were, with VIRUS?   I keep reading how hospitals are empty.  Having a virus does not mean one is sick. Sick like, throwing up, can't breathe, fever.  I am not saying it well.  I am sure someone will re-word it for me.
Asymptomatic.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
If the virus must sweep through—and if Latin America is any indication, it indeed must—it is better to do so in the summer when other illnesses are at a minimum. Part of the panic of the Italian wave that hit the northeast was that it hit at the tail end of a hard flu season, meaning capacity was already stretched.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024