Author Topic: Willie Nelson's Fourth of July Picnic going virtual this year  (Read 753 times)

Offline libertybele

87 years old!  God Bless You Willie!!!!

Willie Nelson's Fourth of July Picnic going virtual this year

Willie Nelson’s annual Fourth of July Picnic is going virtual this year over concerns about the coronavirus pandemic.

Fans can tune in to the nearly 50-year-old music bash Saturday via luck.stream and williepicnic.com. Tickets for the picnic are on sale at williepicnic.com.

Other performers expected to play include Sheryl Crow, Ziggy Marley, Steve Earle, and Nelson’s fellow Texas-based singers Lyle Lovett, Robert Earl Keen and Kinky Friedman......

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/willie-nelsons-fourth-of-july-picnic-virtual
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

Re: Willie Nelson's Fourth of July Picnic going virtual this year
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 07:34:23 am »
The weed is keeping Willie going.  LOL 

I love the guy. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 09:41:11 am »
The weed is keeping Willie going.  LOL 

I love the guy.

@Applewood

He announced last year that he had quit smoking whackytabbacy.

Of course,this is a whole new year,so............
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 12:16:30 pm »
@Applewood

He announced last year that he had quit smoking whackytabbacy.

Of course,this is a whole new year,so............

@sneakypete

LOL  I'll bet he's still doing weed.  Maybe not smoking it, but there are other ways to get it now that at least medicinal use is legal in many states. 

But whatever  keeps Willie going is all right by me.  I'll just continue to listen to him and admire him for his talent and longevity.  Willie is my man.

Here's Willie and another great on the subject (RIP Merle):

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 03:26:52 pm »
   Here's his latest.

Blue Star ~ Willie Nelson

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 03:46:14 pm »
   Here's his latest.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

@corbe

Don't want to turn this into a music thread,but here is one of my favorites by Ray Charles,aided by Willie.

It is a testimony to how great Willie is that the only sound you didn't hear after Ray came in was the sound of the studio room being slammed open as he ran for his life.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline berdie

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 04:21:54 pm »
Many years ago I went to one of Willie's all day shindigs that featured every artist known from every different genre. Willie played with every single one. It was very impressive.

He won't be able to do that virtually I don't guess.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2020, 04:30:55 pm »
Many years ago I went to one of Willie's all day shindigs that featured every artist known from every different genre. Willie played with every single one. It was very impressive.

@berdie

I dunno about that.

I'm not going to be scared of this virus until I hear on the news that Keef Richardson has died from it.

That,my friends is the time for everybody to be scared.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2020, 04:38:28 pm »
@berdie

I dunno about that.

I'm not going to be scared of this virus until I hear on the news that Keef Richardson has died from it.

That,my friends is the time for everybody to be scared.

I always considered Willie our Texas version of Richards.  All that Cannabis has pickled him into perpetuity.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2020, 05:57:32 pm »
   Here's his latest.

Once again, excellent work from Willie.  Thanks.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2020, 06:06:33 pm »

Friend and I used to go to Farm Aid every year.  It's held in a different place every year and wherever it was, my friend and I would go.  Willie and three other stars founded the Farm Aid charity and every year all of them plus several other acts would play.  The show went on from early afternoon till past 11 pm.  Willie and his band were always the last to play.  Occasionally, Willie himself would come out and play with one of the earlier acts.  His son Lukas has his own band and they would perform earlier.  Lukas also would play with his father when it was Willie's turn to perform.

I lost much of my hearing during one Farm Aid and now I don't go to any performances, lest I lose what little hearing I have left.  My friend still goes every year though.  Well, I guess there won't be one this year because of COVID unless they do some kind of virtual thing.  A dang shame because Farm Aid was a lot of fun. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2020, 06:19:46 pm »
Friend and I used to go to Farm Aid every year.  It's held in a different place every year and wherever it was, my friend and I would go.  Willie and three other stars founded the Farm Aid charity and every year all of them plus several other acts would play.  The show went on from early afternoon till past 11 pm.  Willie and his band were always the last to play.  Occasionally, Willie himself would come out and play with one of the earlier acts.  His son Lukas has his own band and they would perform earlier.  Lukas also would play with his father when it was Willie's turn to perform.

I lost much of my hearing during one Farm Aid and now I don't go to any performances, lest I lose what little hearing I have left.  My friend still goes every year though.  Well, I guess there won't be one this year because of COVID unless they do some kind of virtual thing.  A dang shame because Farm Aid was a lot of fun.

Great story and experiences that you can treasure.  I've lost quite a bit of my hearing as well; attended many many concerts while I live in the Motor City.  One of the last concerts that we went to was the Rock 'n Roll Express which was held here in FL ....Ted Nugent, dubbed the Motor City madman, played ... yep ... I lost another part of my hearing.

I still go to concerts ...yes...I have problems hearing even as loud as they play.   COVID will keep us at home this year as well, probably no more concerts.

This article says that Willie's concert is virtual, but you still have to buy tickets.   The best of both worlds I think for the situation.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.