Author Topic: 2020’s still up in the air, but there’s already buzz about the 2024 GOP presidential field  (Read 354 times)

Offline libertybele

Interesting list.  I'd like to see Cruz/Haley.  Several I would refuse to vote for and they are from Florida; Rubio, DeSantis and Scott.  I also would not vote for Kasich.  I don't see this country making it to this upcoming election, if we make it to 2024, it will be quite remarkable.   Maybe a poll @corbe?

2020’s still up in the air, but there’s already buzz about the 2024 GOP presidential field

............The 2024 race will be more than just a contest for the nomination: it will be also a battle to shape the GOP going forward.

Veteran Republican strategist Colin Reed noted that “whenever the Trump era comes to an end, whether that’s next year or five years from now, the GOP will go through a period of discussion and debate about the future direction of the party.”

Will Republican primary voters crave a housecleaning, or will they seek more of the same?

One thing’s for sure — the jockeying has already begun.

While the names will change over the coming years, here’s a list (in no particular order) of some likely and potential contenders for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination that are currently on the minds of GOP strategists who spoke with Fox News...........

Vice President Mike Pence
Nikki Haley
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
Gov. Ron DeSantis
Sen. Tom Cotton
Sen. Rick Scott
Sen. Josh Hawley
Sen. Ted Cruz
Sen. Marco Rubio
Gov. Larry Hogan
John Kasich
Donald Trump Jr.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2024-republican-election-presidential-candidate-buzz
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LegalAmerican

There will not be a 2024. Half of those are RINO'S....democrats.  No more America with the end of  POTUS TRUMP.  You win.
Communist country.

Offline libertybele

There will not be a 2024. Half of those are RINO'S....democrats.  No more America with the end of  POTUS TRUMP.  You win.
Communist country.

Unfortunately I sadly think you are correct.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline cato potatoe

Biden won't run for a second term.  Chances are the dems will nominate a "kill whitey" progressive (maybe his VP) and provide the GOP a path similar to 2016.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 08:07:37 pm by cato potatoe »