Author Topic: Top intelligence officials to brief 'Gang of Eight' on Thursday  (Read 314 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Top intelligence officials to brief 'Gang of Eight' on Thursday
By Morgan Chalfant - 07/01/20 05:36 PM EDT

CIA Director Gina Haspel and NSA Director Paul Nakasone will brief congressional leaders known as the “Gang of Eight” on intelligence related to suspected Russian bounties on U.S. forces on Thursday.

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany confirmed at a press briefing that the classified briefing would take place on Thursday. The “Gang of Eight” includes the top Democrats and Republicans in the House and Senate as well as the chairs and ranking members of the House and Senate Intelligence Committees.

McEnany told reporters she was unsure whether anyone other than Haspel and Nakasone would participate in Thursday’s briefing.

White House officials and Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe earlier this week briefed select lawmakers at the White House, but lawmakers have pressed for more information on reports about alleged bounties offered by Russia to Taliban-linked fighters who kill coalition forces in Afghanistan. Democrats have described their briefing as highly insufficient.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/505516-top-intelligence-officials-to-brief-gang-of-eight-on-thursday
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Top intelligence officials to brief 'Gang of Eight' on Thursday
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 10:11:17 pm »
They had to call it that?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Top intelligence officials to brief 'Gang of Eight' on Thursday
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 09:25:22 am »
“It may now be impossible to get to the bottom of this because some government official somewhere decided to leak allegations before we had a chance to get to the bottom of it.”
Given that the allegations of Russians paying bounties to Taliban for killing US servicemen are even accurate,

Someone who was privy to classified information figured it was worth fouling up attempts to get more information and specifics on any players who might be involved just so they could run to the New York Times and have something to throw in the POTUS' face.

This is partisanship over Country.

Someone needs to be stripped of their clearance and charged.
To some this may seem like a 'gotcha!", but to anyone paying attention, this person has just put their political issues ahead of the well-being of our servicemen.

I do not have words which can be published here to describe the level of contempt I have for that, and no mere invective would be sufficient.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 09:27:52 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis