Author Topic: Cruz blocks Senate Democrats’ attempt to pass DACA bill  (Read 390 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by  Benjamin Wermund July 1, 2020

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz on Wednesday blocked an attempt by Senate Democrats to pass legislation creating a pathway to citizenship for some 109,000 immigrants living in Texas who were brought to the U.S. as children.

Cruz called it an attempt at offering “amnesty.” He said Democrats already had a chance to write into law protections for so-called Dreamers when President Donald Trump offered to work with them on a deal.

That offer came after Trump moved to end the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program — an effort the Supreme Court blocked earlier this month.

The move puts Cruz at odds with U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, another Texas Republican, who said the Supreme Court ruling offered “a unique moment and an opportunity” and called for Congress to “take action and pass legislation that will unequivocally allow these men and women to stay in the only home, the only country they’ve known.”

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/article/Cruz-blocks-Senate-Democrats-attempt-to-pass-15380319.php

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Cruz blocks Senate Democrats’ attempt to pass DACA bill
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 08:57:40 pm »
Oh, there still is something left in that guy.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 09:10:21 pm »
Hot Damn....

Let's all chip in and send Ted a stack of Dr. Suess books. 

F The Dims and RINOS!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

Cruz blocks Senate Democrats’ attempt to pass DACA bill
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 06:54:18 pm »
Cruz blocks Senate Democrats’ attempt to pass DACA bill

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz on Wednesday blocked an attempt by Senate Democrats to pass legislation creating a pathway to citizenship for some 109,000 immigrants living in Texas who were brought to the U.S. as children.

Cruz called it an attempt at offering “amnesty” to those who entered the country illegally. He said Democrats already had a chance to write into law protections for so-called Dreamers when President Donald Trump offered to work with them on a deal.

That offer came after Trump moved to end the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program in 2017 — an effort the Supreme Court blocked earlier this month.

Cruz’s opposition puts him at odds with U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, another Texas Republican, who said the Supreme Court ruling offers “a unique moment and an opportunity” and called for Congress to “take action and pass legislation that will unequivocally allow these men and women to stay in the only home, the only country they’ve known.”..............

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/Cruz-blocks-Senate-Democrats-attempt-to-pass-15380319.php
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 07:05:54 pm »
We had amnesty in 1986 with Reagan on the PROMISE...democrats would secure the wall.   Democrats reneged on their promise.
How many more times for amnesty?  Democrats are looking for 'voters.  There goes the country.

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 07:12:53 pm »
   One of the few remaining Conservative Voices we have left in this Country.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 07:17:42 pm »
   One of the few remaining Conservative Voices we have left in this Country.

:amen:   We definitely could use more Senators and Representatives like Cruz.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 07:18:15 pm »
I believe with daca, which was put into effect unconstitutionally,  the plan is too return all, and allow them to apply for citizenship if they don't have any PRISON RECORD.   If they have shown themselves to be criminals, they cannot come back in. Makes good sense to me.  Two birds.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2020, 12:29:22 am »
I believe with daca, which was put into effect unconstitutionally,  the plan is too return all, and allow them to apply for citizenship if they don't have any PRISON RECORD.   If they have shown themselves to be criminals, they cannot come back in. Makes good sense to me.  Two birds.

@LegalAmerican  As usual, we got half the loaf.  The one the Rats wanted.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2020, 12:32:05 am »
@LegalAmerican  As usual, we got half the loaf.  The one the Rats wanted.

I believe our country is DONE.  Communists have taken over. No debates required.  We are done.