Author Topic: Kushner shakes up Trump campaign team  (Read 318 times)

Offline Applewood

Kushner shakes up Trump campaign team
« on: July 01, 2020, 02:15:46 pm »
Kushner shakes up Trump campaign team

White House senior adviser Jared Kushner has engineered a shake-up in President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign in the aftermath of a botched Tulsa rally, according to three people familiar with the matter.

Kushner on Tuesday replaced chief operating officer Michael Glassner with Jeff DeWit, who held the same position in Trump’s 2016 campaign. The decision to remove Glassner, who has been overseeing the president’s rallies, is being seen internally as an effort to designate blame for the Tulsa disaster. The June 20 rally was marred by the sight of thousands of empty seats.

The news was first reported by Axios.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/01/jared-kushner-trump-campaign-team-346728

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Kushner shakes up Trump campaign team
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 02:21:03 pm »
I have heard terrible things about Jeff DeWitt,  from a source I trust who has had business dealings with the man.   She reports that his language was unrelentally vile and abusive,  and that his business ethics are suspect.

Trump will be defined by the company he keeps.  This is not a good move, IMO.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 02:39:02 pm »
I have heard terrible things about Jeff DeWitt,  from a source I trust who has had business dealings with the man.   She reports that his language was unrelentally vile and abusive,  and that his business ethics are suspect.

Trump will be defined by the company he keeps.  This is not a good move, IMO.

Well, Trump and Jared have both been accused of certain dishonest business practices as well, and it seems Trump selects people for cabinet and advisory positions who have been a bit shady.  So I guess what you're saying abut Dewitt is plausible.

I knew that someone would have to take the fall for the Tulsa disaster and I guess it was Mr. Glassner.  Sure, the spin is that he is moving to another position.  But I'm sure the move is essentially a demotion.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 10:17:29 pm »
Hmm................the company he keeps??????????????
Trump wouldn't sense character in an individual, if God himself whispered in his ear.
The result has been an endless parade of buffoons, clowns, frauds and hustlers;
the very same trash that Trump has surrounded himself with, all his life.