Author Topic: Beyond Meat shares fall after McDonald’s ends Canadian trial of meatless burger  (Read 583 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Beyond Meat shares fall after McDonald’s ends Canadian trial of meatless burger

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/25/beyond-meat-shares-fall-after-mcdonalds-ends-canadian-trial-of-meatless-burger.html

Shares of Beyond Meat fell 7% in morning trading after the CBC reported that McDonald’s stopped testing a burger made with its patties in Canada.

In a tweet to a consumer asking about the burger, McDonald’s Canada said that the test ended April 6. The chain has no plans to bring back the item at this time.

In plainer language, the meatless burger was unsuccessful, if not a flop. Canuckians prefer caribou and musk ox burgers, eh?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 10:01:42 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline kevindavis007

Pretty soon they will mandate that the people will have to eat that crap.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

I have bought the Trader Joe’s version. I put a slice of cheese on it, some lettuce, onions, ketchup and it’s really not bad, high in protein. Use the lettuce instead of a bun. Whole thing was about 300 calories per serving and about 30 protein.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

Unless they outlaw hunting, I'll instead live on backstrap and deer sausage into perpetuation. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Human beings are omnivores, not dedicated grass eaters or meat eaters, but when it comes to a hamburger or any other animal product I am a carnivore period! And I sure as heck am not going to pay meat prices for some vegetables infused with all sorts of muck so that it can have a somewhat meat like flavor, thank you no.

I wonder if this decision by MickyD's is why I have seen so many meatless burger patties on special sale in grocery stores.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Human beings are omnivores, not dedicated grass eaters or meat eaters, but when it comes to a hamburger or any other animal product I am a carnivore period! And I sure as heck am not going to pay meat prices for some vegetables infused with all sorts of muck so that it can have a somewhat meat like flavor, thank you no.

I wonder if this decision by MickyD's is why I have seen so many meatless burger patties on special sale in grocery stores.
Probably part of it. The other is supply-chain: those meatless burger patties are primarily restaurant fare, and they were shut down or drive-thru/takeout only for months, leaving a glut in the chain. So, with meat processors grappling with sporadic coronavirus outbreaks disrupting their operations, the meatless products lose some of their price disadvantage.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

Where I live, finding beef, pork, even poultry at the supermarket has been hit or miss.  I suppose it's due to the meat packing plants being shut down because of COVID infections.  Or at least that's the story.  I have noticed though that when meats can be found, they have really gone up in price. 

I have tried Beyond Meat burgers and a couple of others and they aren't that bad.  But contrary to what some people think, they aren't all that healthy.  High fat, including saturated fat.  Considerable amount of sodium.  This is true of a lot of "fake burgers."  But having them once in a while is ok I guess.

I love real meat, but thanks to gout, I can't eat it anymore.  Occasionally, when I crave meat, I will get the Beyond Meat burgers.  I actually prefer the Impossible Burger, but so far it's not available in supermarkets here yet.