Author Topic: How China has Overtaken Japan in Naval Power and Why It Matters  (Read 388 times)

rangerrebew

How China has Overtaken Japan in Naval Power and Why It Matters
June 22, 2020 Guest Author   

The following article is adapted from a new report by Dr. Toshi Yoshihara at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments (CSBA), Dragon Against the Sun: Chinese Views of Japanese Seapower.

By Toshi Yoshihara

A major reversal of fortunes at sea has gone largely unnoticed. Over the past decade, the Chinese Navy sped past the Japanese maritime service across key measures of material prowess. The trendlines suggest that China will soon permanently displace Japan as the leading regional naval power in Asia. This historic power transition will have repercussions across the Indo-Pacific in the years to come. It behooves policymakers to pay attention to this overlooked but consequential shift in the naval balance between two great seafaring nations.

http://cimsec.org/how-china-has-overtaken-japan-in-naval-power-and-why-it-matters/44370

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: How China has Overtaken Japan in Naval Power and Why It Matters
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 03:14:05 pm »
Blah,blah,blah. Russian-designs a couple of decades old,built in Chinese shipyards. What could possibly go wrong there?

They might be a threat to small island nations,but I kinda doubt the Japanese are seriously worried about them.

The REAL Chinese threat are all the cargo ships they are sending all over the world,packed full of Chinese crap that was made from stolen blueprints and manufactured by slave labor.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 03:22:13 pm »

The REAL Chinese threat are all the cargo ships they are sending all over the world,packed full of Chinese crap that was made from stolen blueprints and manufactured by slave labor.

I agree.  The only thing the Chicoms are good at is intellectual property theft, and reverse engineering.  Technology still reigns king in Japan, USA, and Germany.  (and honorable mention to SK)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 03:45:36 pm »
I agree.  The only thing the Chicoms are good at is intellectual property theft, and reverse engineering. 

@catfish1957

And they couldn't even do this if so many of our political "leaders" weren't bought and paid for whores.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 05:32:02 pm »
Through history, Japan has continually bested China and nothing has changed.
Perhaps China is contemplating building Marble Warships as they did in the 18th century???