Author Topic: Abbott: Texas facing 'massive' COVID-19 outbreak, 5,000+ new cases for 2nd straight day  (Read 479 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by Jim Vertuno 6/24/2020

Abbott: Texas facing 'massive' COVID-19 outbreak, 5,000+ new cases for 2nd straight day

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said Wednesday that the state is facing a “massive outbreak” in the coronavirus pandemic and that some new local restrictions may be needed to protect hospital space for new patients.

In a series of midday interviews with television stations, Abbott said Texas would again pass 5,000 new coronavirus cases and more than 4,000 hospital patients with COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus. Texas passed both thresholds for the first time Tuesday.

“There is a massive outbreak of COVID-19 across the state of Texas," Abbott said in an interview with KFDA-TV in Amarillo.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/governor-greg-abbott-massive-outbreak-5000-cases-15363593.php

Online libertybele

Well... Florida is right along with ya --- 5,508 new cases today.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The media is convoluting "cases" with "hospitalization and death".
The number of 'cases' is irrelevant. What percentage of those 'cases' actually died as compared to the seasonal flu? But, they don't want to talk about that.

And even the number of deaths is being distorted. They are using terms like, 'Died with coronavirus.' They did not die 'from' coronavirus. They just happen to have it when they died from anything, age, heart attack. Who knows what?

And even the number of cases is suspect. Since the Democrats/Liberals are inflating the numbers because they want the lockdown to continue to crash Trump's surging economy. Is the diagnosis political? Or is it medical? It is impossible to know.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

The media is convoluting "cases" with "hospitalization and death".
The number of 'cases' is irrelevant. What percentage of those 'cases' actually died as compared to the seasonal flu? But, they don't want to talk about that.

And even the number of deaths is being distorted. They are using terms like, 'Died with coronavirus.' They did not die 'from' coronavirus. They just happen to have it when they died from anything, age, heart attack. Who knows what?

And even the number of cases is suspect. Since the Democrats/Liberals are inflating the numbers because they want the lockdown to continue to crash Trump's surging economy. Is the diagnosis political? Or is it medical? It is impossible to know.

They can do all the testing they want, but the information that is needed is:  How many COVID cases are actually symptomatic?  How many of those that test positive are asymptomatic and of those how many are self-quarantining to protect others?

I haven no doubt it is political.  FL has changed the way that they report at least 3 times.  The list the number of hospitalizations but they fail to report if that is the total number of people hospitalized since they've been keeping record, or is the number currently hospitalized?   What about recoveries? Are the recoveries of the people hospitalized?  Recoveries from all positive cases??  There is a lot of room for errors and omissions. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The corrupt media and some corrupt politicians are attempting to make COVID today the same as AIDS was in the 80s. That is, they are implying that if you get it, it is pretty much a terminal condition.

COVID and AIDS are not similar in any way. I have read that the actual death rate of COVID is around 3%. And the majority of deaths were people with preexisting poor health conditions.

But there is no way to know if this is true because everything is political (not medical). All the numbers change every day, depending on who is reporting them. This is certainly a political issue more than it is a medical/health issue. It is much more about "power" than it is about health. Therefore, you can't believe anything the media, the government, or anybody says about it. All the numbers are fake and nothing is real.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The corrupt media and some corrupt politicians are attempting to make COVID today the same as AIDS was in the 80s. That is, they are implying that if you get it, it is pretty much a terminal condition.

COVID and AIDS are not similar in any way. I have read that the actual death rate of COVID is around 3%. And the majority of deaths were people with preexisting poor health conditions.

But there is no way to know if this is true because everything is political (not medical). All the numbers change every day, depending on who is reporting them. This is certainly a political issue more than it is a medical/health issue. It is much more about "power" than it is about health. Therefore, you can't believe anything the media, the government, or anybody says about it. All the numbers are fake and nothing is real.
The more testing that is done, the lower the fatality rate has been. At the peak, New York's apparent fatality rate was around 7%, but the state was missing so many cases that it was impossible to discern anything about the disease's severity from that statistic.

Right now, the ratio for deaths to cases is about 1% in the rapidly rising states, but that is lagging.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EdinVA

How many tests were conducted?
How long does it take to process the test?  A week?  So the results are a week old?
I refuse to give the website my email address so cannot read it but from what I can tell we are only getting half the story..

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
A few weeks ago I was told that testing was only for people with symptoms.

Now I am being advised by Quest Diagnostic on behalf of my Medicare   insurance provider, and separately by the VA that I can get testing.

On reporting I would be surprised in the definitions and criteria are uniform by the various states.

My guess is maximum flexibility is being applies, to harm Republicanstates.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Abbot must be under a lot of pressure, I hope he doesn't crack under it.  I don't trust Ducey in AZ.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: