Author Topic: Cuomo: Statues coming down is a ‘healthy expression’  (Read 335 times)

rangerrebew

Cuomo: Statues coming down is a ‘healthy expression’
By Daily Caller News Foundation June 23, 2020

By Thomas Catenacci

Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York said he supports tearing down statues Tuesday, noting that it is a powerful statement about equality and anti-racism.

“People are making a statement about equality, about community, to be against racism, against slavery. I think those are good statements,” Cuomo said Tuesday on “Today.”

“It’s a healthy expression of people saying, ‘Let’s get some priorities here, and let’s remember the sin and mistake that this nation made and let’s not celebrate it,’” he added.

https://libertyunyielding.com/2020/06/23/cuomo-statues-coming-down-is-a-healthy-expression/

rangerrebew

Re: Cuomo: Statues coming down is a ‘healthy expression’
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 03:35:36 pm »
So he's saying breaking the law is "healthy expression?"  What comes after statues are broken?  Looting property of people you don't agree with?  Burning buildings of people you don't agree with?  Burning their cars?  Beating their families?  Oh, wait!  That's where we are now! :wtf:

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Cuomo: Statues coming down is a ‘healthy expression’
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 03:46:00 pm »
I have a few questions for our friends on the Left:

What exactly is the Left's limiting principle on this so-called "healthy expression"?

At what point is it no longer defensible to destroy public or private property in the name of a cause or idea?

By what right, by what reason, by what standard are acts of looting and vandalism ever justified in a nation governed by the rule of law?   

I don't expect any answers, but it would be enlightening to hear some from our members.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn