Author Topic: Biden doubles lead over Trump to 12 points in national poll  (Read 801 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden doubles lead over Trump to 12 points in national poll
By Julia Manchester - 06/23/20 12:28 PM EDT

Former Vice President Joe Biden doubled his lead over President Trump to 12 points as voters expressed disapproval with the Trump administration's handling of the coronavirus, racial tensions and the economy, according to the latest Harvard CAPS/Harris poll released exclusively to The Hill.

Fifty-six percent of likely voters said they would vote for Biden if the election was held today, while 44 percent said they would back Trump, wider than the Democrat's 6-point lead in the same poll last month.

The poll is in line with recent national surveys showing Trump losing ground, including in battleground states that will determine the election, as voters sour on his responses to several crises hitting the country, including most recently the nationwide protests after the death of George Floyd.

excerpt:
The Harvard CAPS/Harris Poll online survey of 1,886 registered voters was conducted June 17-18. It is a collaboration of the Center for American Political Studies at Harvard University and The Harris Poll. The Hill will be working with Harvard CAPS/Harris Poll throughout 2020.

Full poll results will be posted online later this week. The survey is an online sample drawn from the Harris Panel and weighted to reflect known demographics. As a representative online sample, it does not report a probability confidence interval.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/504089-biden-doubles-lead-over-trump-to-12-points-in-national-poll
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Biden doubles lead over Trump to 12 points in national poll
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 10:34:31 pm »
It's the hill, so take it for what it's worth.

(Before going further, channel up to Billy Bigelow's "Soliloquy" in "Carousel")
But... what if...
It turns out to be...
... correct?

In that case... if an indisputable majority of "the voters" prefer the democrat-communists in this time in our history... I guess it really just doesn't matter any more.

Enjoy the freedoms you still have left for as long as they last, because the days are numbered.

And in that case, cue up Peggy Lee singing "Is That All There Is?"

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 02:41:37 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 07:08:05 am »
Does anyone think, even for a second, that Biden would handle this nonsense any better?

Seriously?  :silly: We'd already be at war.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 08:40:32 am »
Does anyone think, even for a second, that Biden would handle this nonsense any better?

Seriously?  :silly: We'd already be at war.

We will get our definitive answer on November 3rd as to how many Americans think exactly that.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 12:06:34 pm »
We will get our definitive answer on November 3rd as to how many Americans think exactly that.
What's the point spread for fraud?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 01:19:13 am »
Clinton Opens 12-Point Lead on Trump as Two-Thirds See Him as Biased
ABC News, Jun 26, 2016

Hillary Clinton surged to a broad advantage against Donald Trump in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll, capitalizing on Trump’s recent campaign missteps. Two-thirds of Americans see him as biased against groups such as women, minorities or Muslims, and a new high, 64 percent, call Trump unqualified to serve as president.

Americans by 68-28 percent think his comment about Judge Gonzalo Curiel was racist. Regardless of whether or not it was racist, 85 percent say it was inappropriate.

Most generally, the public by 56-36 percent, a 20-point margin, says Trump is standing against their beliefs as opposed to standing up for their beliefs.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clinton-opens-12-point-lead-trump-thirds-biased/story?id=40114224

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 01:20:48 am »
June 26, 2016

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 01:54:11 am »
Clinton Opens 12-Point Lead on Trump as Two-Thirds See Him as Biased

They were pikers at fudging polls back then.  Now the claim is Shortbus Joe is 14% ahead. *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 03:10:01 am »
They were pikers at fudging polls back then.  Now the claim is Shortbus Joe is 14% ahead. *****rollingeyes*****
If they don't claim astronomical leads, they can't get the 'fix' in and the point spread believable.

They didn't ask anyone I know.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 05:08:41 pm »
Flashback

Clinton Opens 12-Point Lead on Trump as Two-Thirds See Him as Biased (POLL)
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clinton-opens-12-point-lead-trump-thirds-biased/story?id=40114224
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 05:13:16 pm »
It seems like there are many that refuse to accept  the idea that Donald Trump is in very big trouble

I understand that polls  taken now are only a picture at this moment in time of how people feel based on the information they have

But if the election was held right this minute, we would be hearing  president elect Joe Biden
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 05:14:28 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020, 05:16:44 pm »
It seems like there are many that refuse to accept  the idea that Donald Trump is in very big trouble

I understand that polls  taken now are only a picture at this moment in time of how people feel based on the information they have

But if the election was held right this minute, we would be hearing  president elect Joe Biden

I am worried sick about the election...
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2020, 05:36:13 pm »

"If the election was held right now" forgives the sins of many a poll.  All of the polls, in fact.  Yes, it does look like big trouble, so it probably is.  With the 4 year long drumbeat of Bad Orange Man, it's crazy to presume he'll have an easy ride.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2020, 05:38:39 pm »
"If the election was held right now" forgives the sins of many a poll.  All of the polls, in fact.  Yes, it does look like big trouble, so it probably is.  With the 4 year long drumbeat of Bad Orange Man, it's crazy to presume he'll have an easy ride.
Trump may be in trouble. But it will not be these polls that reflect it. We’ve been misled too many times.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2020, 05:40:55 pm »
I am worried sick about the election...

And you should be. Because let’s be honest, a Biden win will embolden these groups to go further. Joe Biden says he does not support defunding police departments  and I do believe that is his position.

But he will not be able to maintain that position and inspire voter turn out in the inner cities if they demand that he take their position
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2020, 05:58:11 pm »
And you should be. Because let’s be honest, a Biden win will embolden these groups to go further. Joe Biden says he does not support defunding police departments  and I do believe that is his position.

But he will not be able to maintain that position and inspire voter turn out in the inner cities if they demand that he take their position

Tim Scott & the GOP just gave them an out. Foolishly, IMO.

Now, all the Dems have to do is pound the table and declare righteously, "The GOP Senate bill does not go far enough to address the systemic racism and disparity that is endemic to our nation's police forces!"
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021