Author Topic: Systemic Ignorance  (Read 177 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Systemic Ignorance
« on: June 23, 2020, 03:15:13 pm »
 townhall.com
Systemic Ignorance
Bill Murchison

|

Posted: Jun 23, 2020 12:01 AM

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Townhall.com.

"Systemic racism"? I wouldn't call that America's present problem. "Systemic ignorance" comes a lot closer to it -- a wonderful and telling phrase coined by an attorney friend of mine.

If you don't know much of anything, what right have you to instruct those who do know? Every right, it would presently seem. In acknowledgement of which right -- oh, boy! -- you commission instructive pieces of testimony like the San Francisco overthrow of a statue representing -- are you ready? -- former President and Gen. Ulysses Simpson Grant. U.S. Grant! Grant, who accepted, at Appomattox courthouse in 1865, the surrender of the Army of Northern Virginia on the initiative of its commander, Robert E. Lee! Thus writing "finis" to the Civil War/War Between the States.

I have read that the rap on Grant, from the standpoint of the San Francisco mob, was that for a year, he personally owned one slave -- one -- who he freed a couple of years before the war.

I doubt many find this explanation persuasive. I don't. When you go to the trouble of toppling the statue of a Union general -- later president -- whose military efforts brought freedom to the slaves, the lightest mental offense you confess to is incapacity for discernment.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/billmurchison/2020/06/23/systemic-ignorance-n2571120
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34