Author Topic: The Army wants to bring in 10,000 new soldiers during a three-day recruiting spree  (Read 496 times)

rangerrebew

The Army wants to bring in 10,000 new soldiers during a three-day recruiting spree

Haley Britzky
    Jun 17, 2020 11:58 AM EDT

The Army is kicking off a three-day recruiting bonanza, during which they hope to bring in 10,000 new soldiers.

The Army National Hiring Days, from June 30-July 2, is the "first nationwide virtual hiring campaign" of its kind, Army officials said during a roundtable discussion with reporters on Wednesday.

Army leaders said they were confident they would hit the service's total end strength goal of 485,000 soldiers, hough they still couldn't pinpoint what exactly the recruiting goal for the year was.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/army-recruiting-spree-10000-soldiers

rangerrebew

It ain't gonna happen.  Too many potential recruits are currently rioting. :silly:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Might be a new career path for a lot of former LEO's.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
It ain't gonna happen.  Too many potential recruits are currently rioting. :silly:

LOL.
Speaking of potential recruits, Latinos are flocking to the military.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
MEPS took our son through a 2 year ride from hell while trying to join the USAF, DQ'd him in the end.

MEPS has now taken our son through another year of hell while he's been trying to join the Army...

That's 3 years of him dealing with MEPS for those who are counting

They're not going to get 1 person through MEPS in 3 days unless the Army has some kind of trick up their sleeve.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
LOL.
Speaking of potential recruits, Latinos are flocking to the military.

@FeelNoPain

Good! It has been a few days since I wore the uniform,but almost all of what are called "His-Panics" today that I met while I was in the army were damn good soldiers,and patriotic to a man.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
@FeelNoPain

Good! It has been a few days since I wore the uniform,but almost all of what are called "His-Panics" today that I met while I was in the army were damn good soldiers,and patriotic to a man.

It ain't 1971 anymore, old man. These ain't them type of Hispanics.
J/k   :tongue2:

I agree with you for the most part.
United States citizens of Dominican, Mexican, Central American, Cuban, South American descent overwhelmingly fit the bill that you described. I have seen 30 of them enlist in the last four years.

Now, let's talk about them Puerto Ricans....
There is good cause why they vex Trump so much.  :rolling:
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It ain't 1971 anymore, old man. These ain't them type of Hispanics.
J/k   :tongue2:

I agree with you for the most part.
United States citizens of Dominican, Mexican, Central American, Cuban, South American descent overwhelmingly fit the bill that you described. I have seen 30 of them enlist in the last four years.

Now, let's talk about them Puerto Ricans....

@FeelNoPain

Let's not. Never met one worth the powder and shot it would take to blow him away.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@FeelNoPain

Let's not. Never met one worth the powder and shot it would take to blow him away.

Yeah. Let's not talk about coming in the front door with groceries, after shopping with your wife and yelling WHO in the f left the door open??!!there as an fing PRican sitting at my computer.

The girl sitting at the computer looks up and says f you... Dad

Happy Fathers Day.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley