Author Topic: Shockwaves continue after NYPD disbands entire anti-crime unit: ‘Dangerous times to come’  (Read 375 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Shockwaves continue after NYPD disbands entire anti-crime unit: ‘Dangerous times to come’
June 16, 2020 | Samantha Chang

The New York Police Department’s plainclothes anti-crime unit was disbanded by NYC Police Commissioner Dermot Shea amid tantrums by left-wing outrage mobs.

Shea said he’ll disband the anti-crime unit immediately and will reassign the 600 plainclothes officers to other units.

“This is 21st-century policing,” Shea said. “This is a seismic shift in the culture of how the NYPD polices this great city. I think it’s time to move forward and change how we police in this city.”

Shea admitted that his decision is “not without risk” because it could cause a spike in crimes. However, he said the risk is “squarely on my shoulders.”

So if you or your loved one gets mugged, beaten, raped or murdered, Shea will feel bad about it for five seconds.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/16/shockwaves-continue-after-nypd-disbands-entire-anti-crime-unit-dangerous-times-to-come-935038
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Couldn't happen to a more deserving group of people than the denizens of NYC.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

rangerrebew

What crimes can there be when criminals are released immediately? :shrug:

Offline skeeter

Shockwaves continue after NYPD disbands entire anti-crime unit: ‘Dangerous times to come’
June 16, 2020 | Samantha Chang

The New York Police Department’s plainclothes anti-crime unit was disbanded by NYC Police Commissioner Dermot Shea amid tantrums by left-wing outrage mobs.

Shea said he’ll disband the anti-crime unit immediately and will reassign the 600 plainclothes officers to other units.

“This is 21st-century policing,” Shea said. “This is a seismic shift in the culture of how the NYPD polices this great city. I think it’s time to move forward and change how we police in this city.”

Shea admitted that his decision is “not without risk” because it could cause a spike in crimes. However, he said the risk is “squarely on my shoulders.”

So if you or your loved one gets mugged, beaten, raped or murdered, Shea will feel bad about it for five seconds.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/16/shockwaves-continue-after-nypd-disbands-entire-anti-crime-unit-dangerous-times-to-come-935038

I've seen enough of NYC, and frankly didn't need another reason to avoid it. But chalk it up anyway.