Author Topic: Irving-Based Boy Scouts Stand With Black Lives Matter: ‘There Is No Place For Racism In Scouting’  (Read 918 times)

Offline mountaineer

Irving-Based Boy Scouts Stand With Black Lives Matter: ‘There Is No Place For Racism In Scouting’
June 15, 2020 at 8:44 pm
IRVING, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The Boy Scouts of America said Monday night it stands with the Black Lives Matter movement and plans are in the works for a specific badge related to diversity and inclusion.

In a letter, the National Executive Committee says there is no place for racism in scouting or in communities.  ...

The Boy Scouts of America say they are committed to introducing a specific diversity and inclusion merit badge that will be required for the rank of Eagle Scout.  ...
Here's a portion of the letter: ... That is why, as an organization, we commit to:

Introducing a specific diversity and inclusion merit badge that will be required for the rank of Eagle Scout. It will build on components within existing merit badges, including the American Cultures and Citizenship in the Community merit badges, which require Scouts to learn about and engage with other groups and cultures to increase understanding and spur positive action.

Reviewing every element of our programs to ensure diversity and inclusion are engrained at every level for participants and volunteers by applying a standard that promotes racial equality and denounces racism, discrimination, inequality and injustice. ...

Full story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Jessica Fletcher  @heckyessica
The Boy Scouts are introducing an "inclusion" badge in a partnership with BLM. You must earn to it become an Eagle Scout.
If your kid needs a badge to feel good about accepting people, you're doing a crappy job as a parent. Woke politics is ruining everything.
12:30 AM · Jun 16, 2020

Abigail Pontius  @AbigailPontius
Yeah I even saw the Girl Scouts have a gender equality badge too. Lord help us
1:37 AM · Jun 16, 2020

Offline aligncare

If there is truly ‘...No Place For Racism In Scouting’, then by logical extension BLM should be banned from having any connection with scouting, for it is the largest racist movement in America today—next to the democrat party.

Offline PeteS in CA

The Boy Scouts of America say they are committed to introducing a specific diversity and inclusion merit badge that will be required for the rank of Eagle Scout.

Will there also be a Merit Badge for Shooting Oneself in the Foot?

The wisdom of BSA troops that transitioned to Trail Life and of the LDS church in ditching BSA is further demonstrated.

Closer to my home, my son earned Eagle rank. His first patrol leader was a black boy, whose father was one of the troop's uniformed adult leaders. His troop didn't have to be taught "diversity and inclusion", they just did it. The troop moved over to Trail Life several years ago.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

The days when being a good scout meant being able to use a compass or tie sweet knots are long gone.

The left rots everything it infests.

Btw I remember when the Boy Scouts of America said there was no room for homophobia in the scouts and hired hundreds of gay scoutmasters. Now I see TV commercials inviting ex scouts who claim sexual abuse at the hands of their leaders to join a class action lawsuit against the BSA. Looks like they have learned nothing.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 04:30:23 pm by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"There should be no exclusion in scouting"?????

Do you now have badges in terrorism and revolution?

Is there a merit badge in pipebombs?

Killing honkies?

Rape as a form of intimidation?

The very TERM "BLACK lives matter" implies that white and brown lives don't matter.

Then again,Boy Scouts are children,and children have better things to do that promote PC brain farts.

WHO are the adults behind this?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I was in Scouts growing up in the late 80's and early 90's... and even then saw it as gay and uncool. Now I guess I was right? I think i only make it to life scout or something. It's not worth a bucket of warm piss at this point. I'll let my son know how lame it is.

Offline aligncare

I was in Scouts growing up in the late 80's and early 90's... and even then saw it as gay and uncool. Now I guess I was right? I think i only make it to life scout or something. It's not worth a bucket of warm piss at this point. I'll let my son know how lame it is.

I still have my prized Boy Scout handbook printed 1957. Every now and then I pull it out, drift back in time and leaf through the pages of my youth. Good times.

Offline berdie

I still have my hubby's from that era...and it actually still has good "how to" info! :laugh:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Quote from: article
introducing a specific diversity and inclusion merit badge that will be required for the rank of Eagle Scout.  ...

Required... suddenly I don't think it is much of an honor to achieve that rank as it used to be. It used to be an honor, now it is a joke.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline mountaineer

Required... suddenly I don't think it is much of an honor to achieve that rank as it used to be. It used to be an honor, now it is a joke.
I'm afraid both the boy scouts' and girls scouts' national organizations are turning the program into a huge joke.

Offline skeeter

The scouts were considered uncool in the late 60s. This cub scout bailed after making Webelo.

Seriously, I kinda admired the older scouts who didn't care what others thought of them.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Hmmm, no racism eh, I guess that they believe buggery should be color blind. Glad my FIL didn't live to see this, he was an Eagle Scout when the Boy Scouts were for real.

rangerrebew

News June 16, 2020
BSA says it supports 'Black Lives Matter,' will require diversity merit badge for Eagle Scouts

'Racism will not be tolerated'

Chris Enloe

The Boy Scouts of America announced late Monday that scouts will now be required to earn a "specific diversity and inclusion" merit badge to become an Eagle Scout.

Ditch the fake news ==> Click here to get news you can trust sent right to your inbox. It's free!

The announcement comes amid a national discussion about racism and systemic oppression. The BSA national executive council said in a letter that the organization stands with the Black Lives Matter movement.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/boy-scouts-diversity-merit-badge

rangerrebew

However, sexual assaults will be tolerated. :whistle:

Offline Mod1

Merged related threads

Offline mountaineer

LETTER: Boy Scouts Introduce Black Lives Matter Inspired ‘Diversity And Inclusion’ Badge, Will Be Required To Become Eagle Scout
By  Amanda Prestigiacomo
Jun 16th, 2020

In a letter posted Monday, the National Executive Committee for the Boy Scouts of America announced a new badge related to “diversity and inclusion” in conjunction with the far-left, anti-cop Black Lives Matter movement.

The new badge will be a prerequisite to becoming an Eagle Scout, according to the committee.  ...

The Scouts will also be “[r]equiring diversity and inclusion training for all BSA employees starting July 1,” and “[c]onducting a review of property names, events, and insignia, in partnership with local councils, to build on and enhance the organization’s nearly 30-year ban on use of the Confederate flag and to ensure that symbols of oppression are not in use today or in the future.”

The organization noted that these moves are only their “next steps but certainly not our last.” ...Daily Wire

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Back when I was in it 50 years ago, this was a outstanding organization that taught survival skills, outdoor nature, honor, and everything good in society.

Now it's a puke SJW POS brainwashing tool for kids.

As far as the new D & I merit badge.....   Stands for Dumb and Ignorant. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

Yes, we all agree racism is a bad thing and shouldn't be tolerated.

The problem is, who gets to define what "Racism" is? 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I was a Boy Scout leader for many years until the day they announced that they were going to allow gay scout leaders.  I turned in my credentials that day and have never been sorry for it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

Wonder why membership in BSA is so low.... lol

Offline aligncare

Good question.

If I had to guess, I’d say racism is anything under the sun, any object, any word, any idea, any event that will rile the democrat base to action, so that the democrat party can use that anger in their re-election or election campaigns. In short, racism is Republican.

Offline EdinVA

The question is, is it SYSTEMIC RACISM when a single person acts out or is that person just a jerk, and should the entire human race face retribution?

Offline dfwgator

The question is, is it SYSTEMIC RACISM when a single person acts out or is that person just a jerk, and should the entire human race face retribution?

I think Rush Limbaugh came up with the best definition years ago:  Racist = Somebody winning an argument with a liberal.

Offline conservativevoter

Racism by any other name is what it is.... bullshit.  You can easily say the same for BLM, as they don't give a rat's ass for black lives OR black history.  Witness what they did for the commemoration of the monument dedicated to the 54th Massachusetts Regiment, a monument to the first black regiment of the American Civil War.  This monument wasn't to memorialize any famous battle, nor any famous rich man or politician.  It was a monument to the blacks who physically fought that they and theirs would be free.   :patriot:

Damn the BLM.     :amen: