Author Topic: New York Police Commissioner Announces NYPD Will be Disbanding Entire Anti-Crime Unit Effective Imme  (Read 956 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/new-york-police-commissioner-announces-nypd-will-disbanding-entire-anti-crime-unit-effective-immediately-video/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=PostTopSharingButtons&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons

New York Police Commissioner Announces NYPD Will be Disbanding Entire Anti-Crime Unit Effective Immediately
June 15, 2020
By Cristina Laila

New York City Commissioner Dermot Shea announced Monday that “effective immediately,” the NYPD will disband its anti-crime unit and reassign roughly 600 plainclothes officers to other units.

“This is 21st-century policing,” he said.

“This is a seismic shift in the culture of how the NYPD polices this great city,” he said. “I would consider this in the realm of closing one of the last chapters of ‘Stop, Question and Frisk’…I think it’s time to more forward and change how we police in this city. We can do it with brains. We can do it with guile. We can move away from brute force.”

More at URL above...

Offline aligncare

So it’s official. The world has gone stark raving mad.  :0001:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
 9999hair out0000

Just. Don't. Come. Here.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

So it’s official. The world has gone stark raving mad.  :0001:

So ... the U.S. is now becoming wide open for a complete take over.  Who's to stop anyone??  Our police force is being dismantled.  The National Guard has been turned away in cities.  Trump was unwilling to use the military.  Certainly can't force the police to stay on the job. 

Things look very bleak.  Lot's of support for Trump yesterday ... but he's not doing anything. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Things look very bleak.

To the contrary... Expect a sea-change in these cities... This is so far off the rails that even democrats will not be able to live with it... Watch and see.

Now, what that sea-change turns out to be remains to be seen... But it won't stay like this for long.

Online libertybele

To the contrary... Expect a sea-change in these cities... This is so far off the rails that even democrats will not be able to live with it... Watch and see.

Now, what that sea-change turns out to be remains to be seen... But it won't stay like this for long.

Well.  I don't have a lot of hope.  Thinking back when I first got married and Regan was President.  I haven't felt secure with things going on in the country since then.  Sad.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Well.  I don't have a lot of hope.  Thinking back when I first got married and Regan was President.  I haven't felt secure with things going on in the country since then.  Sad.

Yep. That's right.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Good idea!

NOTHING lowers the reported crime rate quicker than refusing to arrest anyone.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So ... the U.S. is now becoming wide open for a complete take over.   

@libertybele

Of course. That is the goal the left has been working on since the 1920's,and they know it's now or never,so they are going for it.

The good news is those of you with the means to do so can flee to Russia,where the people are free.

Not much  irony there,is it?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 05:40:08 pm by sneakypete »

Offline aligncare

While conservatives were busying themselves devising purity tests and weeding out heretics, the Left was organizing around common goals—big picture stuff.

Now Maoists/fascists/Marxists are pounding at the door, closer than they’ve ever been to getting in, while conservatives swallow their outrage and protect their turf rather than expand their base.

Offline skeeter

@libertybele

Of course. That is the goal the left has been working on since the 1920's,and they know it's now or never,so they are going for it.

The good news is those of you with the means to do so can flee to Russia,where the people are free.

Not much  irony there,is it?

While the left is capable of generating much pain, suffering and loss, there is one thing which will prevent them from a takeover that they cannot help - the great middle class. People living relatively comfortable lives with much to lose in a marxist revolution.

Until they can eliminate the middle class they will never succeed.

Online berdie

Offline roamer_1

While conservatives were busying themselves devising purity tests and weeding out heretics, the Left was organizing around common goals—big picture stuff.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! WHAT purity testing? What weeding out? If anything it is the Conservatives that have been weeded out. The Republican party has never been more to the left than it is right now.

Now Maoists/fascists/Marxists are pounding at the door, closer than they’ve ever been to getting in, while conservatives swallow their outrage and protect their turf rather than expand their base.

You're kidding, right? Conservatism is entirely undefended and has been since before Dubya.

Offline aligncare

HAHAHAHAHA!!! WHAT purity testing? What weeding out? If anything it is the Conservatives that have been weeded out. The Republican party has never been more to the left than it is right now.

You're kidding, right? Conservatism is entirely undefended and has been since before Dubya.

Let me just clarify a bit. I follow the news, I’ve seen over the years how conservative after conservative politician is forced to resign or has to drop out of a race when the media blows up, or makes up, a story about an extra marital affair or a misconstrued comment or an insensitive remark. And it’s usually conservatives who are first to throw them under the bus and call for their resignation. That’s what I’m talking about when I say purity test. Because they fall short of the glory of god.

But, a Bill Clinton survived his scandals because liberals fought to defend him (and he and his wife remained alive to do great damage to the country). A republican or conservative could never expect the same from from his party or his base, because no contrition would ever be enough for the principled purists. If you don’t check off every box you’re unfit for office.

Offline roamer_1

Let me just clarify a bit. I follow the news, I’ve seen over the years how conservative after conservative politician is forced to resign or has to drop out of a race when the media blows up, or makes up, a story about an extra marital affair or a misconstrued comment or an insensitive remark. And it’s usually conservatives who are first to throw them under the bus and call for their resignation. That’s what I’m talking about when I say purity test. Because they fall short of the glory of god.

But, a Bill Clinton survived his scandals because liberals fought to defend him (and he and his wife remained alive to do great damage to the country). A republican or conservative could never expect the same from from his party or his base, because no contrition would ever be enough for the principled purists. If you don’t check off every box you’re unfit for office.

Damn well right - The reason Democrats don't get thrown out for lawlessness, infidelity and chaotic behavior is because that is what they are. That is what they support. The destruction of law, the destruction of family, the destruction of societal norms, the promotion of chaos. Of outright evil. Inevitably, that is how communism or any other form of tyranny takes a country down.

Your implication in it's fullness would make the right no different than the left.

The right seeks to preserve law and order, preserve family, preserve societal norms and traditions... The promotion of goodness fealty and responsibility. That comes with a different standard. And without that standard, in the end, there is no difference.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
While the left is capable of generating much pain, suffering and loss, there is one thing which will prevent them from a takeover that they cannot help - the great middle class. People living relatively comfortable lives with much to lose in a marxist revolution.

Until they can eliminate the middle class they will never succeed.

@skeeter

They are in the process of destroying the middle class even as I type this. What do you think is going to happen if we have another virus scare,which they are working on right now,and the middle class lose their new cars,their homes,their boats,etc,etc,etc,and  have to go into public housing?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@aligncare

There it is. All of it boils down to "purity tests" of one form or another. As that wise philosopher  Pogo once declared,"We has met the enemy,and he is us!"

That should be the slogan of the alleged Republican Party.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Damn well right - The reason Democrats don't get thrown out for lawlessness, infidelity and chaotic behavior is because that is what they are. That is what they support. The destruction of law, the destruction of family, the destruction of societal norms, the promotion of chaos. Of outright evil. Inevitably, that is how communism or any other form of tyranny takes a country down.

Your implication in it's fullness would make the right no different than the left.

@roamer_1

What about the tyranny of the Bible Thumpers,who dream of establishing a religious police state?

The right seeks to preserve law and order, preserve family, preserve societal norms and traditions... The promotion of goodness fealty and responsibility. That comes with a different standard. And without that standard, in the end, there is no difference.

HorseHillary! Define "Societal norms". To some people,(many?) it means banning alcohol,making sex between unmarried adults illegal,state-sponsored discrimination,Blue Laws,etc,etc,etc.

The so-called "Moral Majority".

How many individual freedoms are in THAT package,bubba? Other than the right to wear red,march in a straight line,or go to jail?

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

They are in the process of destroying the middle class even as I type this. What do you think is going to happen if we have another virus scare,which they are working on right now,and the middle class lose their new cars,their homes,their boats,etc,etc,etc,and  have to go into public housing?

Of course they're trying, the virus was the most progress they've ever made. But they have decades to go before they succeed.

Offline roamer_1

What about the tyranny of the Bible Thumpers,who dream of establishing a religious police state?

@sneakypete
There is no such thing. At least not in American Protestantism.

HorseHillary! Define "Societal norms". To some people,(many?) it means banning alcohol,making sex between unmarried adults illegal,state-sponsored discrimination,Blue Laws,etc,etc,etc.

The so-called "Moral Majority".

How many individual freedoms are in THAT package,bubba? Other than the right to wear red,march in a straight line,or go to jail?

By and large yours is an argument toward federalizing a moral standard. The same thing as the liberals, albeit that your standard may differ. What business is it of yours what one state or another might enact? If you don't like it, move to a more permissive state.

To address your argument straight on, when those societal norms were enforced, in a time not so long ago, single parent households were rare. Divorce was rare. Abortion was nearly nonexistent, and life held sanctity. Crime was comparatively rare, you could leave your doors unlocked and the keys in the ignition. There was no appreciable welfare state. There was a much reduced prison system. There was a much reduced drug problem. almost nonexistent by comparison. Nearly nonexistent major crime. Verbal contracts had the force of law. A man's word was his bond. Corporate crime was far less than today. And liberty was far more prevalent. There was an expectation of a good product, well made, and corporate delivered on that. And I could go on and on,

Nearly every single problem we have today is a result of straying from morality. Every one. And every place that is still functional as above is still adhering to that moral standard.

There is no moral neutral. Remove one moral standard, and another will take its place. And the one in place today is FAR inferior in every single way, and is causing the destruction of everything we hold dear. You are not forced to adhere to the Judeo-Christian ethic, the prism through which all of our laws were written, but you cannot deny its efficacy. Remove that root at our peril.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

There is no such thing. At least not in American  Protestantism.

ROFLMAO! Good one!  Never met any of my relatives,have you?

Not to mention the fundies even THEY think are nuts,that handle snakes in church.

By and large yours is an argument toward federalizing a moral standard. The same thing as the liberals, albeit that your standard may differ. What business is it of yours what one state or another might enact? If you don't like it, move to a more permissive state.

Yeah,what the hell does anybody want to live in a FREE COUNTRY for,anyway? Why not be satisfied with living in a country or state that gives you all the rights they think you need?

Nearly every single problem we have today is a result of straying from morality. Every one.

My cousins would heartily agree with you.

And every place that is still functional as above is still adhering to that moral standard.

Name one.

There is no moral neutral.

Once again,PURE HorseHillary. You sound like the Taliban,who want to establish a group morality for everyone,regardless of their beliefs.

You have definitely been drinking the Kool-Ade.

Offline roamer_1

ROFLMAO! Good one!  Never met any of my relatives,have you?

Not to mention the fundies even THEY think are nuts,that handle snakes in church.

@sneakypete
I am a fundie, like in kind, albeit without the snakes.

Yeah,what the hell does anybody want to live in a FREE COUNTRY for,anyway? Why not be satisfied with living in a country or state that gives you all the rights they think you need?

You are getting your free country. It's most current iteration is found in Seattle

Name one.

Rural towns all over the place. I am one mile out of town, and I don't lock the truck or my house - Well that ain't quite right... I do lock my house, but it is to keep someone from opening the door and letting Chewy out... He is gone like a rocket. But the back door, inside the fenced yard, is almost always unlocked.

Get out to Condon, Hot Springs, or Nirada, or anywhere up the Yaak and it gets even better. God's people in God's country.

Once again,PURE HorseHillary. You sound like the Taliban,who want to establish a group morality for everyone,regardless of their beliefs.

You have definitely been drinking the Kool-Ade.

Now wait a minute. I am the one defending Federalism. That is explicitly *not* 'one group morality for everyone'. That is letting the state have its due sovereignty as stated in the Constitution.

It is YOU that is in favor of federal and universal 'protections', imposing one group morality (or rather, immorality) on everyone.