Author Topic: Breaking: Full Bodycam Video Revealed!  (Read 2097 times)

rangerrebew

Breaking: Full Bodycam Video Revealed!
« on: June 15, 2020, 11:42:20 am »

(Gateway Pundit) – Body camera footage from Officer Garrett Rolfe and Officer Devin Brosan were released by the Atlanta Police Department on Saturday.

The footage clearly shows Atlanta police officers behaving respectfully and doing everything they were supposed to do.
Learn more about RevenueStripe...

According to reports Rayshard Brooks fell asleep in a Wendy’s parking lot on Friday night.

https://outragedpatriot.com/breaking-full-bodycam-video-revealed/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Breaking: Full Bodycam Video Revealed!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 11:52:37 am »

(Gateway Pundit) – Body camera footage from Officer Garrett Rolfe and Officer Devin Brosan were released by the Atlanta Police Department on Saturday.

The footage clearly shows Atlanta police officers behaving respectfully and doing everything they were supposed to do.
Learn more about RevenueStripe...

According to reports Rayshard Brooks fell asleep in a Wendy’s parking lot on Friday night.

https://outragedpatriot.com/breaking-full-bodycam-video-revealed/

@rangerrebew

First of all,it makes no difference at all that the cops acted respectfully at first. The ONLY thing that matters from a legal POV is neither their lives nor the lives of anyone else were ever put at risk,and there was no justification for shooting him.

This is America,and cops have no more legal right to shoot someone that is not a actual immediate threat to them than you and I have.

Secondly,he did NOT "fall asleep at the drive-in window". He was peaking on some sort of upper,like LSD,and just zoned out for a moment,and when he did become alert again,no normal man could have held him down. I doubt he would have even noticed the Taser hit,if it even hit him.

There is no such thing as a drug that will put you to sleep and then allow you to instantly develop enough strength to fight off two cops and run,just a few minutes later. Drugs that do that are called "Downers" for a reason.

I am going to be very interested in discovering what his blood tests have to say.

What the cops SHOULD have done was to arrest him the next day for driving while impaired,assaulting police officers,escaping,fleeing arrest,being ugly in a no-ugly zone,etc,etc,etc. Pile the charges on to their hearts desire like they normally do,but they had NO excuse to kill him.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 01:54:58 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 12:37:37 pm »
@rangerrebew

First of all,it makes no difference at all that the cops acted respectfully at first. The ONLY thing that matters from a legal POV is neither their lives nor the lives of anyone else were ever put at risk,and there was no justification for shooting him.

This is America,and cops have no more legal right to shoot someone that is not a actual immediate threat to them than you and I have.

Secondly,he did NOT "fall asleep at the drive-in window". He was peaking on some sort of upper,like LSD,and just zoned out for a moment,and when he did become alert again,no normal man could have held him down. I doubt he would have even noticed the Taser hit,if it even hit him.

There is no such thing as a drug that will put you to sleep and then allow you to instantly develop enough strength to fight off two cops and run,just a few minutes later.

I am going to be very interested in discovering what his blood tests have to say.

What the cops SHOULD have done was to arrest him the next day for driving while impaired,assaulting police officers,escaping,fleeing arrest,being ugly in a no-ugly zone,etc,etc,etc. Pile the charges on to their hearts desire like they normally do,but they had NO excuse to kill him.

Amen, @sneakypete

They should NEVER forget the reason for being called.   It wasn't a crime being committed.  It wasn't a domestic violence call.

It was a complaint that "some drunk black guy fell asleep in the drive-thru lane"  JESUS H. CHRIST!! 

Push the freaking car or drive it into a parking spot and leave him the eff alone.  Video it on a phone and post it...counter the insanity of Derek Chavin in Minneapolis.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 12:46:20 pm »
Thug resists arrest....points dangerous weapon at police....gets shot...good riddance.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 01:33:08 pm »
Thug resists arrest....points dangerous weapon at police....gets shot...good riddance.
Yep, it makes no difference why he was arrested.

When one resists the arrests and takes bodily action against officers of the law, including discharging a weapon, then all bets are off.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 01:44:40 pm »

It’s night, a dim parking lot, the fleeing suspect turns and points something at the police. Is that the taser that the suspect had wrestled away from them as he struggled and fought to resist arrest? Or, is it a gun he had on his person before the police had had a chance to pat him down (there was no reason to have frisked him, the suspect was initially cooperative before they tried to arrest and cuff him).

Two points.

1. The law recognizes that any object may be considered a deadly weapon, including a taser. The suspect had resisted arrest, fought against them and stole the taser then pointed it at them. At that point the suspect elevated his initial arresting charges to felonious assault and deadly force may then be used legally by the police.

2. The two officers were separated at the time he fled. If the cop had been hit by the taser and become incapacitated, his weapon would then be at risk of being compromised, stolen and used against the officers.

Additional note. Police and police departments have been sued successfully for using ‘deadly force’ against a suspect in cases where a taser only was used against the client.

Amended to say I didn’t hear the part of the tape where the officer did actually pat down the suspect.

Amended once again: on further review the suspect was NOT frisked, so when the suspect turned and aimed at the cops they were justified in thinking he had a gun aimed at them.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 01:11:12 pm by aligncare »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 01:52:52 pm »
Amen, @sneakypete

They should NEVER forget the reason for being called.   It wasn't a crime being committed.  It wasn't a domestic violence call.

It was a complaint that "some drunk black guy fell asleep in the drive-thru lane"  JESUS H. CHRIST!!   

Push the freaking car or drive it into a parking spot and leave him the eff alone.  Video it on a phone and post it...counter the insanity of Derek Chavin in Minneapolis.

@DCPatriot

Kinda makes you wonder if they would have called in an air strike if an actual robbery had been taking place,doesn't it?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 01:59:23 pm »
Yep, it makes no difference why he was arrested.

When one resists the arrests and takes bodily action against officers of the law, including discharging a weapon, then all bets are off.

Once this dummy started fighting how things would end were set in stone.

In an earlier time cops woulda taken his keys and had him call a ride. But we're in the era of zero tolerance now. Which is a BIG part of the problem with policing, at no fault of the cops on the scene.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 02:00:21 pm by skeeter »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2020, 02:02:30 pm »

That's right.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2020, 02:05:44 pm »
It’s night, a dim parking lot, the fleeing suspect turns and points something at the police. Is it the taser that he just wrestled away from them as he struggled and fought to resist arrest?

@aligncare

Gee,I dunno. It was bright yellow,just like the taser he had just taken from the cop,he had not been out of sight of the cop since he put it in his hand,and he was pointing something square-looking and bright yellow at the cop just a few seconds later. He even shot it at the cop before the cop shot him,and it didn't even go "bang!"

What is YOUR best guess?

MINE,is "the bright yellow tazer he had just taken from the cop"

Which was,.....drumbeat......,WHAT IT WAS!

Or, is it a gun he had on his person before the police had a chance to pat him down (there was no reason to have frisked him, he was initially cooperative before trying to arrest and cuff him).

Maybe it was a Vulcan Death Ray?

Two points.

1. The law recognizes that any object may be considered a deadly weapon, including a taser.

WRONG!   

The suspect resisted arrest, fought against them and stole the taser and pointed it at them. At that point the suspect elevated his initial arresting charges to felonious assault and deadly force may be used by the police.

Wrong again!

I sense a trend developing.

The COPS don't consider tazers to be dangerous weapons,and in FACT,carry them because they give the cops an ALTERNATIVE to using deadly weapon.

2. The two officers were separated at the time he fled. If the cop had been hit by the taser and become incapacitated, his weapon would then be at risk of also being stolen and used against him.

Desperation is never pretty. The dead guy was maybe  feet from the cop chasing him,and the cop behind him was probably  feet behind the first cop. Also,the guy that ended up dead was running AWAY from then when he was shot to death.

ALL of this is plain to see on the video.

Tech tip: People running away are NOT trying to grab your gun.

Additional note. Police and police departments have been sued successfully for using ‘deadly force’ against a suspect in cases where a taser only was used against the client.

When and where? I have no doubt somebody has sued,but I have serious doubts they won any "deadly force" lawsuits over a tazer.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2020, 02:18:02 pm »
That's right.

Nonsense....as usual.

The officer that shot him IN THE BACK...twice was 90 feet away when the idiot pointed the taser at the officer.

Taser wires are NOT 90 ft in length.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2020, 02:23:26 pm »
Nonsense....as usual.

The officer that shot him IN THE BACK...twice was 90 feet away when the idiot pointed the taser at the officer.

Taser wires are NOT 90 ft in length.

So what?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2020, 02:29:11 pm »
@sneakypete

Former D.C. police detective and attorney, Ted Williams, on FOX with Arthel Neville said he won an excessive force lawsuit against police where a taser was involved.

I looked online and found that verdicts, jury awards and subsequent appeals in these excessive force with taser cases are all over the map. Some judges rulings and juries have affirmed that a taser is deadly force, some have not. I’m not about to spend hours trying to sort them out though.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2020, 02:33:07 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2020, 03:09:20 pm »
The ONLY thing that matters from a legal POV is neither their lives nor the lives of anyone else were ever put at risk,and there was no justification for shooting him.

1. The officers' lives were put at risk when Brooks grabbed the Taser. Then at least one officer's life was put at risk when Brooks fired the Taser, which could have disabled the officer and allowed Brooks to take his service weapon.

2. WRT the public, the actions above plus Brooks' violent resistance all proved that Brooks was a danger to the public.

3. The shooting was justified.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2020, 05:12:49 pm »
1. The officers' lives were put at risk when Brooks grabbed the Taser. Then at least one officer's life was put at risk when Brooks fired the Taser, which could have disabled the officer and allowed Brooks to take his service weapon.

2. WRT the public, the actions above plus Brooks' violent resistance all proved that Brooks was a danger to the public.

3. The shooting was justified.
I wonder how many dead cops who hesitate before firing to defend themselves must we endure to end the lunacy of restricting the ability of a policeman to end the violence initiated by not him but the criminal?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2020, 07:34:34 pm »
I wonder how many dead cops who hesitate before firing to defend themselves must we endure to end the lunacy of restricting the ability of a policeman to end the violence initiated by not him but the criminal?

Doesn’t matter. It’s all Trump’s fault anyway.

To be serious, though  #policewalkaway.

If I were a cop I would be seriously considering a career change.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2020, 07:41:25 pm »
...and just to cap that: Everything that the left touches turns to crap...in particular, the law and justice.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2020, 07:54:02 pm »
Amen, @sneakypete

Bullshit @DCPatriot   

If you (violently) resist arrest, grab an officer's weapon, shoot the weapon .... you are committing three crimes in real time. 

The perp's actions changed everything --- and the officer did not have the luxury of 72 hours to mull over the politically correct thing to do. 

I'll repeat what I've said previously;  Instead of painting "Black Lives Matter" in 25 foot letters on city streets, the powers that be should be painting:  "DO NOT RESIST ARREST!"

« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 08:05:50 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2020, 08:07:25 pm »
Bullshit @DCPatriot   

If you (violently) resist arrest, grab an officer's weapon, go to use the weapon .... you are committing three crimes in real time. 

The perp's actions changed everything --- and the officer did not have the luxury of 72 hours to mull over the politically correct thing to do. 

I'll repeat what I've said previously;  Instead of painting "Black Lives Matter" in 25 foot letters on city streets, the powers that be should be painting:  "DO NOT RESIST ARREST!"

I understand your point, @Right_in_Virginia   Honestly.

But, did you listen to the entire taped conversation from the initial contact with deceased?  It was extremely cordial and professional.

This officer's mind was already made up that he was going to arrest him.

All they had to do was direct him out of the drive-thru lane or move the damned car themselves...let him sleep in the [rented] car.

Or, they could have even driven him to his motel, only ONE block away.

Instead...the officer's backup, who was more than 90 feet away when he turned and pointed the taser at the officer, shot him TWICE in the BACK...knowing full-damned well it was a taser and not a handgun.

That's my position and I'm comfortable with it.   :patriot:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2020, 08:08:31 pm »
So what?

So, it's cold-blooded murder.  That's what.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2020, 08:28:25 pm »
This officer's mind was already made up that he was going to arrest him.

All they had to do was direct him out of the drive-thru lane or move the damned car themselves...let him sleep in the [rented] car.

They were very probably protocol bound to arrest him for DUI. There is zero tolerance for DUI in many places, and the cops have no discretion.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2020, 08:29:32 pm »

I understand your point, @Right_in_Virginia   Honestly.

But, did you listen to the entire taped conversation from the initial contact with deceased?  It was extremely cordial and professional.  This officer's mind was already made up that he was going to arrest him.

Or, they could have even driven him to his motel, only ONE block away.

No, you do not understand my point @DCPatriot  Honestly.

Your head is wrapped around expecting an arresting officer to stand down when a perp resists.   Beyond this you're charging the officer with a criminal offense for not driving the drunk man to a hotel and sweet talking the taser out of his hands.

I'll stop here.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2020, 08:31:08 pm »
So, it's cold-blooded murder.  That's what.

Nah. I'd like to see you make those decisions on a split second.
He'd just resisted arrest, assaulted officers... stole a weapon... OF COURSE they're gonna shoot him.

Online berdie

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2020, 08:43:28 pm »
Nah. I'd like to see you make those decisions on a split second.
He'd just resisted arrest, assaulted officers... stole a weapon... OF COURSE they're gonna shoot him.

Especially in today's climate. I don't know about other states, but around here if you are in a car passed out, you are going to jail. Randy Travis was passed out in a church parking lot in his car. Guess what...he went to jail.

The thing that confounds me is...when it become acceptable to flee police or attack them...and then become a victim. A rhetorical question only.