Author Topic: GOP congressman loses primary after officiating gay wedding  (Read 233 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP congressman loses primary after officiating gay wedding
By Zack Budryk - 06/14/20 08:27 AM EDT

A freshman Republican congressman who officiated a gay wedding lost his primary in Virginia on Saturday to a former Liberty University official.

Rep. Denver Riggleman (R-Va.) lost to Bob Good in a drive-thru Republican convention Saturday, with results only announced in the early hours of Sunday morning, The Associated Press reported.

Good's campaign manager, Nancy Smith, told the AP the results showed Good winning 58 percent of the vote, according to the AP.

Riggleman officiated the wedding last summer between two campaign aides, engendering the ire of social conservatives in his district. About an hour before the results were announced, he suggested in a tweet that voter fraud had contributed to his loss.

“Voting irregularities and ballot stuffing has been reported in multiple counties in the #VA05. Voter fraud has been a hallmark of this nomination process and I will not stand for it,” Riggleman tweeted Sunday morning. “@VA_GOP needs to reevaluate their priorities. We are evaluating all our options at this time.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/502634-gop-congressman-loses-primary-after-officiating-gay-wedding
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: GOP congressman loses primary after officiating gay wedding
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 01:46:26 pm »
Social conservatives lose me, sorry. I've been to a gay wedding (2 women).

And no, I don't agree with the decision that gay marriage is "constitutionally protected", which is nonsense.