Author Topic: LIVE THREAD:x Atlanta police chief steps down after fatal shooting near Wendy's drive-thru  (Read 2756 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Right_in_Virginia

What we DO know is he was pointing the officers own yellow stun gun at him,and the officer HAD to know his own stun gun wasn't lethal.

Which means no one's life was at risk,making it a crime instead of a legal shooting.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Scott Adams
@ScottAdamsSays

Black lives matter, of course. But speaking broadly about all groups, I don't care about anyone who picks a fight with cops and loses.

8:19 AM · Jun 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1272141575426990080

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well... all I can say is.... if you are or identify as "white"... and if you were not already "wacist"...

you probably will be before this anti-whitey-police idiocy is old news.

Personally... I'm getting really tired of seeing black thugs resisting arrest, running from police, attacking the cops trying to arrest them, and then getting cannonized for having been "stopped" by police.   This is the literal definition of madness. 

And I admit...I'm getting pretty mad.... 9999hair out0000

MeeToo.  I'm pissed that nobody ever seems to care about what leads up to these events.  I've been stopped, I've been arrested and it never, ever occurred to me to run away or turn and start fighting a cop with my fists (even while drunk).  It's just not in my calculus, and that appears to be a different operating paradigm than what these shooting "victims" have.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
BTW,can anyone tell me what kind of drugs he was on that would allow him to pass out in the drive through,and then wake up and fight two cops off,take a stun gun from one,and try to run away?

I know I have never heard of a drug like that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
BTW,can anyone tell me what kind of drugs he was on that would allow him to pass out in the drive through,and then wake up and fight two cops off,take a stun gun from one,and try to run away?

I know I have never heard of a drug like that.

@sneakypete

Since you mention that, I'd like to see the toxicology report when it comes out.  That guy in Minnesota's report was interesting, because it's hard to imagine a drug he didn't have in his system.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

Good exploration of events.

(By the way, the reporting around police involved shootings is becoming like Covid-19 now; every local incident becomes national news instantly and contributes fuel to anti-police fear and may escalate hate and potential negative citizen confrontations with police endangering all involved.)

Offline libertybele

Well... all I can say is.... if you are or identify as "white"... and if you were not already "wacist"...

you probably will be before this anti-whitey-police idiocy is old news.

Personally... I'm getting really tired of seeing black thugs resisting arrest, running from police, attacking the cops trying to arrest them, and then getting cannonized for having been "stopped" by police.   This is the literal definition of madness.  And I admit...I'm getting pretty mad.... 9999hair out0000

As long as there is a racism, nothing will get resolved.  Accusing people of being racists when they aren't only creates the opportunity for racism to spread.

We have a local organic farmer who also hosts entertainment; primarily country & western.  The owner called the BLM movement a hoax and stated that "All Lives Matter" and held an event ... large protests are now under way surrounding his business. He is now labeled a racist. Go figure.  How is saying "all lives matter" racist??

So it's All Lives Matter v. Black Lives Matter, but the people who are promoting for all life, are the racists! You are correct, if you weren't racist before, that door is definitely swinging wide open.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

@aligncare

You can clearly see that he is running away in the video,and the only gun he is pointing at the officer is the officer's own yellow stun gun,which is NOT lethal.

It was clearly not a justified shooting.

As Bongino and Kerick noted in the interview with Pirro above, tasing a police officer opens the possibility the incapacitated officer will have his gun taken and used against him. Even though it is “only” a taser it is still a deadly force situation nonetheless. And the officer is justified in treating it as such and may use deadly force in response.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 08:01:28 pm by aligncare »

@Right_in_Virginia

What we DO know is he was pointing the officers own yellow stun gun at him,and the officer HAD to know his own stun gun wasn't lethal.

Which means no one's life was at risk,making it a crime instead of a legal shooting.

We know no such thing @sneakypete   Had the perp incapacitated (not killed) the cop, he could have taken his gun --- and then we could have had a situation no one would have heard about....just another dead cop, or two if the perp got really lucky.

Part of a cop protecting his or her life is protecting his or her gun. 

Don't resist arrest.  Don't punch the cop.  Don't take any of the cop's weapons  --- and if you do, in the name of God don't point to shoot him with it.

Maybe this should be painted in 20 foot letters on city streets.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 08:02:23 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
As long as there is a racism, nothing will get resolved.  Accusing people of being racists when they aren't only creates the opportunity for racism to spread.

We have a local organic farmer who also hosts entertainment; primarily country & western.  The owner called the BLM movement a hoax and stated that "All Lives Matter" and held an event ... large protests are now under way surrounding his business. He is now labeled a racist. Go figure.  How is saying "all lives matter" racist??

So it's All Lives Matter v. Black Lives Matter, but the people who are promoting for all life, are the racists! You are correct, if you weren't racist before, that door is definitely swinging wide open.

That's why I call it "OBLM."  "Only Black Lives Matter," and not even all black lives, just the ones ended by some white person.

Did I just see a report on TeeBee about a black person being hung in a tree in Florida?
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

We know no such thing @sneakypete   Had the perp incapacitated (not killed) the cop, he could have taken his gun --- and then we could have had a situation no one would have heard about....just another dead cop, or two if the perp got really lucky.

Don't resist arrest.  Don't punch the cop.  Don't take any of the cop's weapons  --- and if you do, in the name of God don't point to shoot him with it.

Things armchair quarterbacks never think about...

That’s why waiting for after action investigations – the benefit of the doubt – is so important and should be the rule for supporters of our men and women in blue.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 08:11:39 pm by aligncare »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
As Bongino and Kerick noted in the interview with Pirro above, tasing a police officer opens the possibility the incapacitated officer will have his gun taken and used against him. Even though it is “only” a taser it is still a deadly force situation nonetheless. And the officer is justified in treating it as such and may use deadly force in response.

That the officer has to protect his pistol is something I have not seen in these discussions, and I think that's a shame.  In how many cases has the "victim" been killed after making a play for a gun?  Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, that guy recently in Georgia that got shot in a botched "citizen's arrest," all tried to disarm the person who shot him.

A responsible carrier always has in mind the need to keep his/her weapon out of the hands of somebody who will first use it on you, and will then use it to harm or kill others.  That gun in your holster is the most important you have on you, for many reasons.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Why do the chiefs have to resign?

They need to stay around to work on corrections if needed.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Why do the chiefs have to resign?

They need to stay around to work on corrections if needed.

Classic overreactions .... the Chief's resignation and the firing of the two cops.  (Normal procedure w/b to suspend the cops pending completion of an investigation.)

That’s why waiting for after action investigations – the benefit of the doubt – is so important and should be the rule for supporters of our men and women in blue.

IMO, the moment the perp took the taser he changed a DUI into a fight to the death.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@aligncare

I have to wonder how well that defense would work for thee and me.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Right_in_Virginia

HorseHillary! The other cop was right behind him with his gun already drawn,and could have easily shot the perp long before he could have ran back and unholstered the other cops gun.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's why I call it "OBLM."  "Only Black Lives Matter," and not even all black lives, just the ones ended by some white person.

Did I just see a report on TeeBee about a black person being hung in a tree in Florida?

@Cyber Liberty

Just wait until World Wide Government,Inc takes over,and watch how "special" their black shock troops are then.

The ones that are allowed to survive will be sent straight to the Plantation.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@aligncare

I have to wonder how well that defense would work for thee and me.

If he was fleeing either of us civilians, we would be in trouble if we shot him in most states.  This is an area where being a LEO matters.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@aligncare

You are right. "Armchair Quarterbacks" like me are too busy  judging what DID happen instead of worrying about "what if/yeah,but....".

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Just wait until World Wide Government,Inc takes over,and watch how "special" their black shock troops are then.

The ones that are allowed to survive will be sent straight to the Plantation.

@sneakypete

They don't realize what the fruits of the demands will be.  That requires abstract thought.  This is not limited to melanin-enhanced individuals, it's a human thing.  There are plenty of melanin-challenged people demanding Won World Gooberment too.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That the officer has to protect his pistol is something I have not seen in these discussions, and I think that's a shame.  In how many cases has the "victim" been killed after making a play for a gun?  Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, that guy recently in Georgia that got shot in a botched "citizen's arrest," all tried to disarm the person who shot him.

A responsible carrier always has in mind the need to keep his/her weapon out of the hands of somebody who will first use it on you, and will then use it to harm or kill others.  That gun in your holster is the most important you have on you, for many reasons.

@Cyber Liberty

The cop that was shot was maybe 15-20 feet away from the perp when he shot him,and trying to run away when he turned around and shot at the cop with the cops  own stun gun,and missed.

Just how long do you think the perps arms were?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 08:48:39 pm by sneakypete »

@Right_in_Virginia

HorseHillary! The other cop was right behind him with his gun already drawn,and could have easily shot the perp long before he could have ran back and unholstered the other cops gun.

Again, you don't know this. 

Let the investigation move forward.  Unless, of course, you know what's happening there, too. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@aligncare

You are right. "Armchair Quarterbacks" like me are too busy  judging what DID happen instead of worrying about "what if/yeah,but....".

Making "judgements" on insufficient data is never a good thing.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

The cop that was shot was maybe 15-20 feet away from the perp when he shot him.

Just how long do you think the perps arms were?

He was less than a car-length away when the perp shot the taser at the cop.  It was not a "hand held taser weapon," it was the kind that shoots a distance.  Fortunately, he fired it while running and it went over the top of the officer's head.

Edited to Add:  If I were the Cop I'd have probably broken off the chase after the discharge of the stun gun because they're one-shot deals, and it was no longer a threat to innocents.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 08:56:41 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.