Author Topic: NFL to close offices for Juneteenth, making it an official league holiday  (Read 505 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NFL to close offices for Juneteenth, making it an official league holiday
By Lauren Vella - 06/12/20 02:20 PM EDT

"This year, as we work together as a family and in our communities to combat the racial injustices that remain deeply rooted into the fabric of our society, the NFL will observe Juneteenth on Friday, June 19th as a recognized holiday and our league offices will be closed," Goodell said in an internal memo.

"It is a day to reflect on our past, but more importantly, consider how each one of us can continue to show up and band together to work toward a better future," he continued.

The news comes amid ongoing protests demonstrating against racial inequality and the police killing of George Floyd, an unarmed black man who died in police custody in Minneapolis on Memorial Day.

Since Floyd's death, current and former NFL players have spoken out against his killing and police brutality.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/502481-nfl-to-close-offices-for-juneteenth-making-it-an-official-holiday-for-the
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Goodell keeps groveling to the woke crowd, but it isn't really doing him any good.  I understand he was vilified by Revrund Al for not forcing one of the teams to give Kaepernick a QB job. 

And the same will happen to the rest of the grovelers who pander to the terrorists and their allies.  Doesn't matter how much they beg for forgiveness, they will never be forgiven.  White privilege and all that.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline dfwgator

Goodell keeps groveling to the woke crowd, but it isn't really doing him any good.  I understand he was vilified by Revrund Al for not forcing one of the teams to give Kaepernick a QB job. 

And the same will happen to the rest of the grovelers who pander to the terrorists and their allies.  Doesn't matter how much they beg for forgiveness, they will never be forgiven.  White privilege and all that.   *****rollingeyes*****

Jay-Z will be the next NFL Commissioner, he practically is, now.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What is this NFL thing I keep hearing about lately?
When I was a kid, the NFL was a football franchise.
From what I can tell, it has become some kind of a Black Civil Rights activist group.
NFL/BLM are quickly becoming the same thing.
Doesn't matter to me. I stopped watching football a couple of years ago.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What is this NFL thing I keep hearing about lately?
When I was a kid, the NFL was a football franchise.
From what I can tell, it has become some kind of a Black Civil Rights activist group.
NFL/BLM are quickly becoming the same thing.
Doesn't matter to me. I stopped watching football a couple of years ago.
:beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis