State Chapters > State Politics/Government

Seattle Councilwoman Demands Police Permanently Surrender East Precinct Building to CHAZ

(1/1)

mystery-ak:

Charlie Spiering 12 Jun 2020

Seattle Councilwoman Kshama Sawant on Thursday night demanded the Seattle Police Department surrender the East Precinct building to “Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone” (CHAZ) protesters.

“Our movement needs to urgently ensure East Precinct is not handed back to police, but is turned over permanently into community control,” Sawant wrote on Twitter.

Sawant said she would file legislation to convert the East Precinct into “a community center for restorative justice.”

“The process for deciding East Precinct conversion must include those involved in CHAZ, black community organizations, restorative justice, faith, anti-racist, renter organizations, land trusts, groups, labor unions that have a proven record of fighting racism,” she wrote.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/12/seattle-councilwoman-demands-police-permanently-surrender-east-precinct-building-to-chaz/

GrouchoTex:
She's a real piece of work.
I just read her Wikipedia page.

PeteS in CA:

--- Quote from: GrouchoTex on June 12, 2020, 05:18:42 pm ---She's a real piece of work.
I just read her Wikipedia page.

--- End quote ---

I would use an S-word instead of that W-word, but I suppose both are accurate.

GrouchoTex:

--- Quote from: PeteS in CA on June 12, 2020, 05:41:13 pm ---I would use an S-word instead of that W-word, but I suppose both are accurate.

--- End quote ---

It crossed my mind............
 :cool:

dfwgator:
The one thing I hope comes from all this is that black people realize that all of these non-blacks seemingly that are on their side, really aren't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version