Author Topic: Country Band Lady Antebellum Changes Name Following George Floyd’s Death  (Read 805 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Katie Jerkovich
Entertainment Reporter
June 11, 2020 1:03 PM ET

The hit country group Lady Antebellum announced they have changed their name to Lady A and dropped the “Antebellum” due to the word’s ties to “slavery.”

“We’ve watched and listened more than ever these last few weeks, and our hearts have been stirred with conviction, our eyes opened wide to the injustices, inequality and biases black women and men have always faced and continue to face every day,” a statement on Lady A’s website read Thursday. The post was noted by CMT.

“Now, blind spots we didn’t even know existed have been revealed,” the message added. “After much personal reflection, band discussion, prayer and many honest conversations with some of our closest black friends and colleagues, we have decided to drop the word ‘antebellum’ from our name and move forward as Lady A, the nickname our fans gave us almost from the start.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/06/11/country-lady-antebellum-changes-name-slavery-george-floyd/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Surprised The DIXIE Chicks haven't followed suit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just make it Lady AH, and we'll call it even.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 07:20:17 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

I'm guessing none of them ever took Latin in high school.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Just make it Lady AH, and we'll call it even.

@catfish1957

I like it!

They were one of my favorite groups,too. They are so talented they didn't need to do this.

As for me,I am now done with them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Hoodat
?
I know I didn't. I barely attended,so can you please explain why you posted that?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Meh, everybody already called them Lady A anyway.  :shrug:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline andy58-in-nh

I suppose they might have changed their name to "Lady Postbellum", but then everyone would call them "Lady P".
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
Surprised The DIXIE Chicks haven't followed suit.

Both "Dixie" and "Chicks" are problematic with today's perpetually aggrieved.

LOVE the Dixie Chicks.
I like their version of Landslide better than the original.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

@DCPatriot

Nope! Not going to do it,and give them a "hit" on You Tube. Bleep them and the PC ass their rode in on.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot

Nope! Not going to do it,and give them a "hit" on You Tube. Bleep them and the PC ass their rode in on.

@sneakypete

LOL!  Actually, the reason I posted that video was because I never thought of them as a "Country Band".

Incidentally, that video has 831 MILLION hits already.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LadyLiberty

LOL

Rolling Stone
@RollingStone
Lady Antebellum is now “Lady A” — but so is a black blues singer who’s performed music under the name for 20 years. “For them to not even reach out is pure privilege,” says the woman with the original moniker https://rol.st/3d0i9XP

Offline LadyLiberty

Jamie Weinstein
@Jamie_Weinstein
Tomorrow: Lady Antebellum which became Lady A last week is now Lady A1

Next Week: After being sued by A1 steak sauce, the group formerly known as Lady A1 has now changed its name to a random collection letters & symbols: X Æ A-Xii

Elon Musk: Umm