Author Topic: Senate panel votes to require Pentagon to rename bases named after Confederates  (Read 1906 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate panel votes to require Pentagon to rename bases named after Confederates
By Rebecca Kheel - 06/11/20 09:06 AM EDT

The Republican-led Senate Armed Services Committee has approved an amendment to the annual defense policy bill that would require the Pentagon to rename bases and other assets that are named after Confederate military leaders, a source confirmed to The Hill.

The amendment, offered by Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), was approved by voice vote Wednesday during the committee’s closed-door markup of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), the source familiar with the situation said. The amendment would give the Pentagon three years to remove the Confederate names.

The news, which was first reported by Roll Call, comes after President Trump said he would “not even consider” renaming Army bases that are named after Confederate officers.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/502218-senate-panel-votes-to-require-pentagon-to-rename-bases-named-after
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So which Republicans caved? The story doesn't say.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

Our problem as Americans is our politics. We have one party that is bat shit crazy and the other too afraid to stand up and do anything about it. My suggestion for republicans is tell the truth.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Our problem as Americans is our politics. We have one party that is bat shit crazy and the other too afraid to stand up and do anything about it. My suggestion for republicans is tell the truth.

Yeah, that'll happen.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

Senate panel votes to require Pentagon to rename bases named after Confederates

Yet their oldest Senate Office Building is still named after the Democrat Senator who led the filibuster against the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

Yet their oldest Senate Office Building is still named after the Democrat Senator who led the filibuster against the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

You noticed that too, huh?

You know, this new wokeness is gonna play havoc with navigation and GPS when they start tearing down all the street signs in West Virginia named after Robert Byrd.

Offline Victoria33

@Hoodat

That would be Richard Russell Jr. 
Russell Senate Office Building:  "The Russell Senate Office Building, oldest of the three U.S. Senate office buildings. In 2018, Senate minority leader Charles Schumer called for the renaming of the building with the name of recently deceased Senator John McCain."

There is also "The Richard B. Russell Federal Building in Atlanta."
His life is interesting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Russell_Jr.#Personal_life
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 05:13:54 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Hoodat

In 2018, Senate minority leader Charles Schumer called for the renaming of the building with the name of recently deceased Senator John McCain."

Schumer tweeted it.  He just didn't act on it.

The renaming of the building is a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY for the Republicans.  They should introduce a bill today to name it after Leonidas C. Dyer, R-Mo.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

I heard it was a voice vote

Offline mrclose

@Cyber Liberty

Wicker, Roger F. (MS)
Fischer, Deb (NE)
Cotton, Tom (AR)
Rounds, Mike (SD)
Ernst, Joni (IA)
Tillis, Thom (NC)
Sullivan, Dan (AK)
Perdue, David (GA)
Cramer, Kevin (ND)
McSally, Martha (AZ)
Scott, Rick (FL)
Blackburn, Marsha (TN)
Hawley, Josh (MO)
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Wicker, Roger F. (MS)
Fischer, Deb (NE)
Cotton, Tom (AR)
Rounds, Mike (SD)
Ernst, Joni (IA)
Tillis, Thom (NC)
Sullivan, Dan (AK)
Perdue, David (GA)
Cramer, Kevin (ND)
McSally, Martha (AZ)
Scott, Rick (FL)
Blackburn, Marsha (TN)
Hawley, Josh (MO)

All of the Republicans on the Committee?
I will NOT comply.

Offline mrclose

All of the Republicans on the Committee?

@Cyber Liberty

A voice vote indicates that the amendment passed without objection!
~ Self

Offline mrclose

(To be fair: A voice vote indicates that the amendment passed without objection, but doesn't tell us if any nay votes were voiced!

To me, no objections means ..I'm Okay With It!)
~ Self

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
(To be fair: A voice vote indicates that the amendment passed without objection, but doesn't tell us if any nay votes were voiced!

To me, no objections means ..I'm Okay With It!)

It's hard to imagine Blackburn is cool with it.
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Feckless, GOP has no testicles. 

Our own side is waving the white flag.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Stop it.  Stop making excuses for them.  Ridiculous. the Republicans aren't Republican anymore.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 04:40:52 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Voice vote with no reporters in the room to report who voted for it,and who voted against it,huh?

Good to see our Senators have the courage of their convictions,isn't it?

You watch and wait until they rename "Fort Brag" to "Fort Martin Luther King",and see what happens.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@catfish1957

Sadly,that is what they do best.

And some people STILL wonder how a political outsider who had never even ran for public office before became the President.

If Trump were to cave on 90 percent of the public stands he takes,he would still be 100 times better than ANY RINO anyone can name.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Hoodat

That would be Richard Russell Jr. 
Russell Senate Office Building:  "The Russell Senate Office Building, oldest of the three U.S. Senate office buildings. In 2018, Senate minority leader Charles Schumer called for the renaming of the building with the name of recently deceased Senator John McCain."

@Victoria33

Of course he did. He misses his butt-buddy.

Online roamer_1

No, they are complicit.

Offline Chosen Daughter

It's hard to imagine Blackburn is cool with it.

And Tom Cotton
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@catfish1957

Sadly,that is what they do best.

And some people STILL wonder how a political outsider who had never even ran for public office before became the President.

If Trump were to cave on 90 percent of the public stands he takes,he would still be 100 times better than ANY RINO anyone can name.

Gee, way to rally the wagon.  Go team go. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

I think that list is Fake news.

Sources: Hawley was lone Senator to vote no on renaming bases that honor Confederate generals
"I just don't think that Congress mandating that these be renamed and attempting to erase that part of our history is a way that you deal with that history"

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/politics/national-politics/rename-confederate-military-bases-senate-vote-hawley/63-370d14e9-3657-42aa-ae0e-a5e260301f51

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Gee, way to rally the wagon.  Go team go.

@Chosen Daughter

Breaks your heart that he is going to win instead of Hillary,doesn't it?

Offline dancer

Alexander Solzhenitsyn warned about this type incident.  The Deep State is trying to destroy history just like the Soviets did.  Tearing down statues is part of it.  Equivalent to book burning.