Author Topic: Nolte: HBO Max Blacklists ‘Gone With the Wind’  (Read 371 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Nolte 10 Jun 2020

The Woke Taliban have won. HBO Max announced on Tuesday it is blacklisting of Gone With the Wind (1939), and with it, Hattie Daniel’s performance for which she won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar of 1940.

McDaniel was not only the first black actor or actress to win an Oscar, she was the first black person ever to win an Oscar of any kind, and the first black person to even be nominated. Other than Merle Oberon, who was both Asian and Polynesian, McDaniel was the first racial minority ever nominated for any category.

There’s more than one way to burn a book. And the world is full of people running about with lit matches. – Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Anyway…

Toldjaso.

Come on, I did tell you… I told you so last week, I told you so years ago, and this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

The Woke Taliban are literally toppling statues, literally rewriting history, literally creating their own caliphate, literally renaming streets, literally forcing people to their knees, so of course the destruction and desecration of art is part and parcel.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2020/06/10/nolte-hbo-max-blacklists-gone-with-the-wind/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Nolte: HBO Max Blacklists ‘Gone With the Wind’
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 03:26:32 pm »
BLM representing 15% of the nation's population, basically dictating every aspect of our lives.

Guess I'll need to buy a DVD on-line (Until the BLM thugs start home confiscation of those too.)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 05:12:18 pm »
Casablanca depicted a number of stereotypes of several ethnicities.  Even Sam, the black piano player, may have been considered a stereotype.  Maybe because my father was of German ancestry, I should complain about how Major Strasser was portrayed and have Casablanca banned    *SIGH*

All of the classics had stereotypes and portrayed some ethnicities in less than favorable light.   Most people understand that maligning certain groups was common years ago.  It does not diminish the worth of these classics one bit.  I know I have looked past all that and appreciate these films for what they were and are.

I think it's time entities like HBO and all those corporations which have groveled before the terrorists should face backlash.  We should not allow terrorists like BLM and others to dictate what we can watch.  A huge drop in subscriptions might convince HBO of its folly in catering to these groups.   

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 07:35:56 pm »
That's pretty darn sad. GWTW is in my top ten favorite movies/books. (Sorry Hattie...you are OUT). I guess To Kill A Mockingbird will be next.

I primarily watch old movies and television. As @Applewood  stated, there could be racial overtones in almost all of them. People don't seem to value the greatness of these productions for what they were and forget what was going on historically at the time. And, stop the world...almost everyone smoked!

It doesn't mean it is happening today.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 08:16:06 pm »
This isn't just the attempt to erase history, a culture, nor the depiction thereof, along with banning books, destroying statues, and renaming streets, there is the destruction of a quality of art, in film, of writing in print, of sculptor's skill, every time one of these is eliminated.

These are, by and large, snapshots of the perception of our history, our culture, if not completely accurate of the era these images and words represent, then a snapshot of the feelings of reverence or disdain held by their respective artists in word, stone, metal, or celluloid.

From THE 45 COMMUNIST GOALS AS READ INTO THE CONGRESSIONAL RECORD, 1963
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
>snip<
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
https://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/watchwomanonthewall/2011/04/the-45-communist-goals-as-read-into-the-congressional-record-1963.html

We are seeing a destruction of our culture, the American Culture that built this country. It hasn't been perfect from day one, just closer than any other, and has changed and in some ways, improved.
Yet no matter what is put in that glass, it remains half empty, because the foundations and beginnings are carved out from beneath it to make the grievance du jour seem more drastic and desperate than ever.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis