Author Topic: Republicans Must Be The Party Of The Police  (Read 168 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans Must Be The Party Of The Police
« on: June 09, 2020, 03:34:32 pm »
 Republicans Must Be The Party Of The Police
As police departments across the country come under attack, the GOP must be strong in their defense.
June 9, 2020 By David Marcus

If you are watching the news or thumbing through Twitter you probably have the sense that the police are not very popular at the moment. In fact, you would probably be wrong. Over the years polls have shown that local police forces are overwhelmingly popular. Nationally the police rank third in a list of most trusted institutions behind only the military and small business.

Gallup tracking polls show wide support for police, as did a 2019 Civis poll. It may well be true that now in the midst of the protests approval of police has been somewhat diminished, but this is not the first police killing of a black person to become a huge national story. And yet faith in police keeps relatively steady.

As many in the Democratic Party take aim at the nation’s police departments, threatening them with abolition or defunding, Republicans must be rock solid in their support for the institution of policing. And they should do so not just because its politically popular, but because of why its politically popular.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/09/republicans-must-be-the-party-of-the-police/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Republicans Must Be The Party Of The Police
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 04:04:14 pm »
Democrats message: defund the police.

Republicans message: defend the police.

Easy peasy!

Offline MeganC

• I'm the same MeganC from Free Republic.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 04:07:57 pm »
Given that the urban police departments are relentlessly hostile to people with carry permits I can't say I'm entirely against the idea of cutting them back.

Seems to me that elected sheriffs across the country do a much better job of respecting everyone's rights than do the (Democrat) politically appointed and statist-politically oriented urban police departments.
There is nothing feminine about feminism.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 07:57:00 pm »
Defund the police? No way. But . . .

Purge the rogue cops and their enablers aside and above them? Yes way. They invite suspicion if not downright abuse upon every last honest cop.

Purge "qualified immunity" and write laws mandating that rogue cops (and other law enforcement) and their enablers aside and above them be held accountable for the crimes they do commit? Damn right.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.