Author Topic: Former Joint Chiefs chairman: ‘Our military should never be called to fight our own people’  (Read 375 times)

rangerrebew

Former Joint Chiefs chairman: ‘Our military should never be called to fight our own people’
by Caitlin Yilek
 | June 07, 2020 12:33 PM

A former top military official accused President Trump of threatening to use troops to fight the American people as if they were enemies of the state.

“We have a military to fight our enemies, not our own people. And our military should never be called to fight our own people as enemies of the state. And that, quite frankly, for me really tipped it over,” Mike Mullen, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told Fox News Sunday.

Mullen spoke out last week against Trump’s use of law enforcement to forcibly disperse peaceful protesters in front of the White House so he could walk to a nearby church for a photo-op.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/former-joint-chiefs-chairman-our-military-should-never-be-called-to-fight-our-own-people

rangerrebew

This clown should go back and study his history.  There was a time when the military was used to quell an insurrection and 640,000 Americans died from it - the Civil War. :bullie smokin:

Offline EdinVA

This clown should go back and study his history.  There was a time when the military was used to quell an insurrection and 640,000 Americans died from it - the Civil War. :bullie smokin:
A bush obama guy.... I would expect nothing less from him..

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title and premise:
Former Joint Chiefs chairman
 â€˜Our military should never be called to fight our own people’

I proffer that the antifa communists and the dupes who support them are NO LONGER "our own people".

They have become our ENEMIES, and should be regarded and opposed as such.

The growing power of antifa/blm is more dangerous to the future of the Republic than are China, Iran, or North Korea.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Agree with Fish.  These groups are domestic terrorists, and should be dealt with accordingly.  No mercy.  Letter of the law thrown at them at every turn.

Offline skeeter

Title and premise:
Former Joint Chiefs chairman
 â€˜Our military should never be called to fight our own people’

I proffer that the antifa communists and the dupes who support them are NO LONGER "our own people".

They have become our ENEMIES, and should be regarded and opposed as such.

The growing power of antifa/blm is more dangerous to the future of the Republic than are China, Iran, or North Korea.
Thank goodness these pentagon idiots weren’t around in 1860.