Author Topic: VIDEO: TV Journalists Defend, Excuse Five Nights of Riots  (Read 191 times)

rangerrebew

VIDEO: TV Journalists Defend, Excuse Five Nights of Riots
Bill D'Agostino
June 2nd, 2020 9:09 AM

From the start, TV news media have done their darnedest to paint the riots happening across the country in a positive light. While many journalists have glossed over the widespread violence by relying on misleading characterizations like “mostly peaceful,” others have outright defended and justified the rioting.

Some of the these attempts to sanitize the rioting have bordered on parody. For a sampling of the media’s most desperate damage control, watch the video below:

Last Friday MSNBC’s Ali Velshi stood in front of a burning building and absurdly refused to describe the scene as “unruly.” That’s a descriptor more appropriately reserved for a hyper kindergarten class than for felonious arson — but evidently even that soft language was a bridge too far for Velshi:  “I want to be clear in how I characterize this. This was, uh, mostly a protest. It is not, generally speaking, unruly. But fires have been started.”

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/bill-dagostino/2020/06/02/video-tv-journalists-defend-excuse-five-nights-riots

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: VIDEO: TV Journalists Defend, Excuse Five Nights of Riots
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 10:42:15 pm »
Title:
"TV Journalists Defend, Excuse Five Nights of Riots"

Which is why I have no tolerance for, and do not watch, tv "journalists"...