Author Topic: The 2020 Election Is like the Last Five Minutes of a Basketball Game  (Read 175 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 6, 2020
The 2020 Election Is like the Last Five Minutes of a Basketball Game
By A. Welderson

The last five minutes of a basketball game often stretch out in a logarithmic fashion.  If one team is far enough behind to be desperate, the players will begin committing intentional fouls simply to force a free throw from the foul line.  To be sure, the fouled player on the leading team may end up scoring an easy two points.  He may just as easily miss the shot, allowing the fouling team to recover the ball.  It's a risk for all concerned.

Personally, I view this tactic as a pathetic delay of the inevitable.  But there are plenty of people who will disagree, especially those approaching the buzzer down five or six points.  For better or worse, it's a part of the game.  Players will try almost anything they can get away with as the seconds tick down.  Imagine my surprise when I recognized the same technique being applied to the 2020 election.

Despite the cheerleading provided by the mainstream media, the Democrats are way behind heading into this election season.  And they know it.  The American people have had more than three years to grow comfortable with Trump.  He's turned out to be a reasonably competent president, even if his tweets sometimes make us cringe.  Trump turned the economy around, brought the Chinese to heel, and actually does what he says he will do.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/06/the_2020_election_is_like_the_last_five_minutes_of_a_basketball_game.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34