Author Topic: Video of elderly man being pushed to ground by cops goes viral, becomes left’s fresh call to vilify  (Read 1300 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Video of elderly man being pushed to ground by cops goes viral, becomes left’s fresh call to vilify police
June 5, 2020 | Vivek Saxena

An altercation between two Buffalo cops and a 75-year-old protester has gone viral because of video footage that shows the protester falling to the ground and then bleeding out of his right ear after being pushed by the officers.

Critics say the officers were “violent” in the way that they shoved the man — and that their alleged “violence” was to blame for him crashing to the ground and bleeding.

But others allege that the officers only gently “pushed” the man — and that him falling to the ground was the result of him tripping and losing his balance.

Watch the footage for yourself below (Warning for content some may find disturbing):

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/05/video-of-elderly-man-being-pushed-to-ground-by-cops-goes-viral-becomes-lefts-fresh-call-to-vilify-police-930291
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

1. The video clip shows little of what preceded the push, evidence of deceptive editing.

2. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

3. The guy who fell down lay perfectly still, evidence, IMO, he was playacting.

4. Further evidence, IMO, is how perfectly the whole incident was framed in the clip. IOW, this was not random.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 04:34:22 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline MeganC

• I'm the same MeganC from Free Republic.
First off, the seventy five year old man was SUPPORTING the police by trying to return a police helmet to them.

These animals didn't listen to him and much more importantly they never looked to see what was in his hands. All that mattered was them screaming orders and then the bastards nearly killed a GOOD MAN.

Then the cops ignored the man's serious injuries and then it fell to the National Guard to treat the man's wounds and get him to a hospital. In the video you can see him bleeding from the back of his skull and from his right ear.

Euronews reported that a brief confrontation ensued between the cops and the Guard when the cops wanted the man arrested and sent to jail instead of to a hospital. The Guard stood their ground and took the man to an ambulance.

That old man IS ONE OF US!!!!!

A pox and a curse on any of you who would so suck up to the Blue Line that you'd see one of our own elderly abused simply for trying to give the police one of their own helmets.  :nono:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 04:36:51 pm by MeganC »
There is nothing feminine about feminism.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline MeganC

Buffalo Mayor on Why the Officers in Shocking Video Didn't Assist Elderly Protester Shoved to Ground
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2020/06/05/buffalo-mayor-on-why-the-officers-in-shocking-video-didnt-assist-elderly-man-n2570107

Trying to mitigate their legal liability. That's all this is.

The assertion that the old man was "arguing" with the police would be backed up by body camera video.

Pardon me if I won't hold my breath waiting for that video to come out.

Offline Applewood

@MeganC

My old tired eyes can't see what, if anything, the man had in his hands.  How do you know it was a police helmet? 

I also don't know what he might have said to the officers -- there is no audio.  And I'm not sure he was given a hard shove either.  The fall looks staged to me.    Plus the video blurs the man's head, so I can't see where he is bleeding.  Do you have a link to an unaltered version of the video?

I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I just need to know what really happened before I can render an opinion.  In something like this, there are always a lot of phony "facts" and conspiracy theories all over the internet.    Just not sure what to believe.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
At first glance it looked to me like he was getting up into the officers' faces and another one came to push him away. The man is a known activist so it's not too far-fetched.

But it ultimately disproves the very notion the protesters were saying, because the victim was white.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
In May 1970 I wore green fatigues, when National Guardsmen killed four Kent State students. I soon went back to college. Therefore I could empathize with both sides. A lose/lose situation.

Clearly not the last riot, but a turning point when America decided we needed better crowd/protest control methods.

And we did get better. And I believe we do better most of the time. But when an officer decides to start punishment, instead of just complete subduing the suspect, he may make a  big problem.

There are many instances of whites, but mainly they don't make the news.

I had thought choke holds were banned decades ago.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
57 Buffalo officers resign from Emergency Response Team in response to officers' suspension
By J. Edward Moreno - 06/05/20 03:42 PM EDT

The entire Buffalo Police Department Emergency Response Team has resigned after the department suspended two officers without pay when a video surfaced showing them pushing over a 75-year-old protester.

Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz announced the 57-member team’s resignation at a press conference Friday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/501378-57-buffalo-officers-resign-from-emergency-response-team-in-response-to
Support the USO

Offline MeganC

@MeganC

My old tired eyes can't see what, if anything, the man had in his hands.  How do you know it was a police helmet? 

This copy of the video better shows the helmet and it also shows the copious amount of blood that came from the man's head and ear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jRmKIZeowE

Offline aligncare

57 Buffalo officers resign from Emergency Response Team in response to officers' suspension
By J. Edward Moreno - 06/05/20 03:42 PM EDT

The entire Buffalo Police Department Emergency Response Team has resigned after the department suspended two officers without pay when a video surfaced showing them pushing over a 75-year-old protester.

Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz announced the 57-member team’s resignation at a press conference Friday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/501378-57-buffalo-officers-resign-from-emergency-response-team-in-response-to

Oh, I see. Working demonstration duty means police should ask a demonstrator first if they would like a pillow before pushing back against a crowd. Ooh, the hoops we make our police officers jump through to restore civil order.  **nononono*

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
The only news I’m watching or reading today is the weather. Even this headline made me weep. I’m praying for the world. We need to heal. We need to honor our elders.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

This copy of the video better shows the helmet and it also shows the copious amount of blood that came from the man's head and ear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jRmKIZeowE

Thank you for the video link.  I do see what looks like blood coming from  the man's ear, but I still didn't see the helmet.  I do have to have my eyes examined; long overdue. 

The man had something in his right hand.  Not a helmet.  Can you or anyone else tell me what that is?

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Thank you for the video link.  I do see what looks like blood coming from  the man's ear, but I still didn't see the helmet.  I do have to have my eyes examined; long overdue. 

The man had something in his right hand.  Not a helmet.  Can you or anyone else tell me what that is?
His apologists said it was a glass of water.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

Rose Webster  @GetMyGist

Well, upon closer examination, this does appear "planned". How an elderly man that is injured can find the strength to hold his head OFF the pavement is amazing.
Then there's the extra yellow strap that likely hides tubing. 
OH LOOKY, blood no longer spurts, it's THICK now.

Offline aligncare

That is a lot of blood. I’m not so sure the ear canal is that highly vascular, absent severe head trauma.

The scalp is however highly vascularized. So where’s the blood around the hair and scalp? Isn’t he reported to have struck his head against the pavement?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:43:43 pm by aligncare »

Online mountaineer

His head isn't even touching the ground.  :shrug:

Offline MeganC

His head isn't even touching the ground.  :shrug:

His head impacted the sidewalk. And if you're saying this was orchestrated then the police were in on it and you're accusing them of official corruption.

That's quite the cornspiracy.  333cleo

Online mountaineer

His head impacted the sidewalk. And if you're saying this was orchestrated then the police were in on it and you're accusing them of official corruption.

I'm not saying anything about a conspiracy.

Offline aligncare

Well, sure, you have a point there. But, it’s not a conspiracy (necessarily) because we know that the Left—by that I mean antifa and others—are organized and are mobilizing an insurrection using every tactic in the book, including psyops.

What we’re witnessing today with all the protesters is a convenient cover for the international Left. It’s not bean bags, it’s the real thing supported by Intelligence and undercover investigative reporting. It’s organized and deadly serious. Don’t let them play you too.

Offline skeeter

Regardless, the lesson for anyone 15 to 85 is impede a riot line when its on the move & you'll probably get a stiff shove in the chest.

If you do that then tough sh*t if you bump your head.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
He barely touched the guy, I thought.

Online mountaineer

He barely touched the guy, I thought.
If at all. It's possible the guy stumbled all on his own.

Online mountaineer

Today:
Buffalo mayor says 75-year-old man pushed to ground was 'agitator' as he says he won't be firing cops
By Chris Irvine | Fox News

Byron Brown, the mayor of Buffalo, N.Y., said Friday the 75-year-old man who was shoved to the ground by two cops the previous day was an “agitator” who had been asked to leave the area “numerous” times.

The officers have been suspended without pay and an internal affairs investigation launched after the incident was caught on video and showed the man, Matin Gugino, bleeding on the sidewalk. Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the video made him “sick to my stomach”.

Gugino was caught on camera being shoved to the ground by officers in tactical gear shortly after a curfew went into effect near Niagara Square. ...

“What we were informed of is that that individual was an agitator. He was trying to spark up the crowd of people. Those people were there into the darkness. Our concern is when it gets dark, there is a potential for violence,” Brown said.

“There has been vandalism, there have been fires set, there have been stores broken into and looted. According to what was reported to me, that individual was a key major instigator of people engaging in those activities,” the mayor said.  ...
More, incl video, at FOX

This is Mayor Brown, by the way: