Author Topic: What if Derek Chauvin is acquitted? by Tom Rogan  (Read 552 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What if Derek Chauvin is acquitted? by Tom Rogan
« on: June 04, 2020, 06:46:54 pm »
What if Derek Chauvin is acquitted?
by Tom Rogan
 | June 04, 2020 02:29 PM

Can Derek Chauvin receive a fair trial on the murder charges he faces over George Floyd's death? It's a fair question considering the nationwide public anger and now hyper-politicized context of this tragedy.

Many would be happy to subject Chauvin to a French revolutionary-style terror court, seeing him rapidly carted off to the guillotine. If conservatives have been too disinterested in police reform, there is also a certain liberal hypocrisy here. The Left appears to have far less interest in Chauvin's right to due process than it does for senior al-Qaeda terrorists.

But even as we lament Floyd's slow and painful demise, we should care that the process of law Chauvin appeared to deny Floyd be granted to him. As painful as it will be for some, that expectation is central to democratic justice.

Even then, convicting Chauvin on any of the three killing-related charges he faces will not be easy.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/what-if-derek-chauvin-is-acquitted-in-the-george-floyd-case
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: What if Derek Chauvin is acquitted? by Tom Rogan
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 07:25:04 pm »
If?

The proscecution took a huge gamble upping the Charges to Murder II.  From what I remember reading recently from MN criminal statutes, getting a full jury to convict on that criteria is going to be a stretch.

Of course, this is what the left is banking on, and more unrest, rioting, and looting ensues.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 07:31:16 pm »
If?

The proscecution took a huge gamble upping the Charges to Murder II.  From what I remember reading recently from MN criminal statutes, getting a full jury to convict on that criteria is going to be a stretch.

Of course, this is what the left is banking on, and more unrest, rioting, and looting ensues.

More than that, he was presumptuously fired and charged before the friggin autopsy report was completed. No investigation, no IAD, just_guilty.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 07:38:07 pm »
If?

Depending on whether MN law gives juries the option to convict of lesser degrees of murder than what has been charged, that move may well be very risky. And Ellison took over the case, despite have zero or near-zero experience as a prosecutor. So I have some doubts the prosecution of the case will be done skillfully.

But, yeah. Even if the jury finds not guilty based on real significant exculpatory evidence, I think there will be riots.

Independently and venturing into CT-Land, I think throwing the case for race-baiting purposes is not an absurd outlandish possibility.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 07:48:48 pm »
It makes no difference to the rioters if he wins or loses, they will riot either way.  You can count on it.  If he wins, it will be charged to white privilege and bias, if he loses it will be because it proves all cops are racist.  I would be surprised if Antifa and BLM aren't sharpening their knives and cleaning their weapons in anxious anticipation right now. :reaper:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 10:27:58 pm »
The volcano must have it's sacrifice, lest the lava destroy the helpless Village.

If the cop isn't executed, there will be new riots.  Let's hope the trial gets delayed a few years.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 11:07:29 pm »
The volcano must have it's sacrifice, lest the lava destroy the helpless Village.

If the cop isn't executed, there will be new riots.  Let's hope the trial gets delayed a few years.

Let's hope they had body cams on and recorded everything including what went on in the back of the police car. I suppose it is also possible there's a camera in the car facing back too.

If they called an ambulance and pinned him down so he couldn't hurt himself wanton disregard gets pretty darn difficult to claim.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 11:53:25 pm »
Let's hope they had body cams on and recorded everything including what went on in the back of the police car. I suppose it is also possible there's a camera in the car facing back too.

If they called an ambulance and pinned him down so he couldn't hurt himself wanton disregard gets pretty darn difficult to claim.

None of that matters.  White people have to die, preferably kneeling when they get the shiv.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 12:39:31 am »
catfish wrote:
"From what I remember reading recently from MN criminal statutes, getting a full jury to convict on that criteria is going to be a stretch."

Depends on where the trial is held.
Depends on the demographic makeup of the jury.
(Absolutely!)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 12:53:33 am »
catfish wrote:
"From what I remember reading recently from MN criminal statutes, getting a full jury to convict on that criteria is going to be a stretch."

Depends on where the trial is held.
Depends on the demographic makeup of the jury.
(Absolutely!)

Tell me, Fishhr...where do you think AG Ellison is going to place the trial?  Little Mogadishu? 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2020, 01:08:26 am »
Cyber wrote:
"Tell me, Fishhr...where do you think AG Ellison is going to place the trial?  Little Mogadishu?"

There's gonna big a BIG fight over where the trial venue is. I don't think this will be Ellison's call, but rather, decided by the courts. But I would expect any decision not favorable to the defendants to be appealed upwards -- probably will end up in the state supreme court.

Where it's held will largely determine who's on the jury, and (regardless of what they may say during jury selection) what their "mindset" is going into the trial...

Online DB

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 02:33:24 am »
None of that matters.  White people have to die, preferably kneeling when they get the shiv.

Only the idiot sheep in the Dem cities could make that happen. And only there. That won't play elsewhere.

It really shouldn't be forced to that point because if it is, too many innocents will get caught in the crossfire.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2020, 02:39:04 am »
Only the idiot sheep in the Dem cities could make that happen. And only there. That won't play elsewhere.

It really shouldn't be forced to that point because if it is, too many innocents will get caught in the crossfire.

Yeah, well you see, once Marie Antoinette's head is rolling around in the basket, it gets a whole lot easier to put the Guillotines on wagons for a road show.  Coming soon to a town near you.
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2020, 03:23:33 am »
Yeah, well you see, once Marie Antoinette's head is rolling around in the basket, it gets a whole lot easier to put the Guillotines on wagons for a road show.  Coming soon to a town near you.

We are armed.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2020, 04:00:37 am »
Well when the Rodney King cops were acquitted 41's justus department had them retried on federal charges to appease the animals.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2020, 01:36:25 pm »
Well when the Rodney King cops were acquitted 41's justus department had them retried on federal charges to appease the animals.

There were more riots in the in-between time.  I expect the same here.
I will NOT comply.